Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2012, 10:00 AM

2 posts, read 3,826 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of an online job that is legit? I'm working and going to school 5 days a week and I need a second income. I've seen many advertisements for work at home jobs but I never believe them. Has anyone successfully received money from an online job. Can you share your experience?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2012, 10:16 AM

142 posts, read 252,455 times
No. I've tried several. Be careful. Most want you to pay a monthy fee to receive a list from which employers are listed. I tried Mystery Shoppers and it was like that. Paid to get started but got out fast. There are reputable companies, such as web developers.

Old 01-22-2013, 09:32 AM

174 posts, read 258,549 times
I have been working online now for two years. I make a full time income from it without having to invest any money at all. I have a site where I offer tips and guidance to those who are interested in making money from home. If you are interested send me a message as I do not think I am allowed to share the link here.

Making money online is definitely possible. You just have to know where to look and figure out what your skills are. I do this while taking care of three kids and going to school full time. So, if I can do it anyone can do it.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:03 AM

339 posts, read 832,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knycpaige View Post
Does anyone know of an online job that is legit? I'm working and going to school 5 days a week and I need a second income. I've seen many advertisements for work at home jobs but I never believe them. Has anyone successfully received money from an online job. Can you share your experience?
I worked an online job for 4 yrs and loved it! The pay was good and all I had to do was filing or data entry each day. I could pick my own hours as long as at the end of the day it was done. They mailed me my checks faithfully and there was nothing bad or scam like about it. I worked for a small company that finally had to cut corners and laid a lot of online workers off. If I could find an online job like that one was, I would do it along with my current job as extra income. No online job should require you to pay money. Any online job asking for any money is a scam. Just like how jobs in real life don't require money, legitimate online jobs don't either. There's just so many scams out there that the reals ones are hard to find but they do exist.

A lot of people work from home, I work doing tech support for internet users and lots of people call in who have some issues with their internet that they need resolved because they work from home and have to get their job done. So there are a lot of legitimate work from home jobs and lots of people do it.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:15 PM

39 posts, read 124,317 times
Lionbridge, Leapforce, Appen Butler Hill are all legit good paying online jobs.

Old 01-24-2013, 05:07 PM

339 posts, read 832,908 times
I was at the bank yesterday around noon time and I heard one of the clerks asking a guy if he was on his lunch hour and he was telling her, no that he can set his own hours because he works from home. More and more people are working from home now it seems like. So yes there are real legitimate ones it just takes time to dig them out from all of the scams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment