Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 10:28 AM

3,222 posts, read 4,578,066 times

Advertisements

Get out now and take a breather. You can find a job eventually and you will present well after you recover from all this.

Then in an interview you can just tell them you quit due to family priorities or something. I would not breath a word about why you really left. It will only come back to bite you in the bum.

You don't have to have a job to get a job. That is BS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 10:36 AM

1,369 posts, read 2,277,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
Get out now and take a breather. You can find a job eventually and you will present well after you recover from all this.

Then in an interview you can just tell them you quit due to family priorities or something. I would not breath a word about why you really left. It will only come back to bite you in the bum.

You don't have to have a job to get a job. That is BS.
You are right, and I agree with this. Finding a job while burnt out and stressed out from one such as I now have is not likely to go so well. I really do need to recover from this one, and you are also right about not telling the next employer my real reasons for leaving. That's not likely to serve me well either. I didn't have a job when I got this one, so you are right again.

Not having to go back into that wretched place will be a tremendous relief, and I plan to enjoy the freedom from it for a bit.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:42 AM

3,222 posts, read 4,578,066 times
There is a needed recovery or decompressing time needed from something like what you are going through.

Let us know what happens.

I wish you well!

Old 01-11-2013, 11:04 AM

1,092 posts, read 1,559,160 times
This obviously fake.....less than 10K a year yeah right. Stop posting on forums and start suing lol

Old 01-11-2013, 12:42 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,788,949 times
OP: Are you actually still working at the place or have you already quit? I just realized it's Friday. Maybe Friday's your day off?

Old 01-11-2013, 12:50 PM

2,845 posts, read 6,021,107 times
Have you tried telling the bullies to leave you alone? I did that once and it made these girls back off. When I did leave the job for a better opportunity one was shocked the other was glad to see me go, but I was more glad than they were lol! And now I AM HAPPY while they are probably there still working to make others miserable

Old 01-11-2013, 07:23 PM

432 posts, read 1,230,034 times
Sounds like you need to do some research and ask yourself some questions, then rate the pros and cons of leaving this job without having another one lined up. I would say yes if you are ok financially while you look for another job as mental health is very important and no one should have to suffer with bullies!

Old 01-11-2013, 07:28 PM

107 posts, read 224,446 times
if they treat you like crap, look for another job while still working there. once you get one, don't even give them the 1 week notice. just tell them on that day, "Since I feel i was treated mistreated and no actions were taken, I quit. Don't expect me to show up today or any other day".

Old 01-11-2013, 09:08 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,758,469 times
If you quit you won't get unemployment. Just stop being a hard worker and do enough to just get by. And I would never bother with a corporate job that pays less than $10K / year. Recently a recruiter called me and said my resume was a perfect match for a John Deere Proe job in Iowa. But it was at $20 / hr. I said that was minimum wage work for Proe, and the least I would work for is $23 / hr. John Deere is cheap; I rejected another $23 /hr Proe GD & T job in Louisiana back in summer 2009.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:40 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,677,053 times
OP, I am more than a little shocked that someone would post so much personal information when you're having a work related problem.

I was hoping Amy Lewis wasn't your real name, but you have posted a picture of yourself on here as well. So I have a feeling you used your real name.

It is really not too smart to give out so much information when you're talking about personal issues and work problems.

You don't know who from your work could be on this board. You have listed your location in FL, your name, a photo...not a good idea.

CD is not Facebook.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment