Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 05:00 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,537,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
Only if they had messed with me, and it would have to be something really bad, for me to do that.
Exactly. IF the person messed with me FIRST ...I would as well. If that person was a scheming, plotting viper of a lowlife..I would in a heartbeat. When I was supervisor at a position I held in 2009-2010 I set up such 2 non-performing lowlifes to get fired. They were. The rest of the co-workers and subordinates learned the lesson real quick: "do your job and do it well. Don't try to do evil things to me." I will crush you like a bug. -
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2013, 05:33 PM

4,045 posts, read 4,460,007 times
No but it's happened to me plenty

Old 02-25-2013, 07:19 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,697,501 times
No, there's no need to start trouble for no good reason.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:48 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,878,150 times
No. They usually sabotage themselves just fine without my help.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:44 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,246,408 times
Better to watch the building burn itself down that try and join the fire....

Old 02-26-2013, 07:16 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,249,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarren View Post
Why or why not?
of course not...

why? because I am not a scumbag...

Old 02-26-2013, 08:00 AM

926 posts, read 1,261,432 times
Not only is it a horrendous thing to do it could be dangerous for all in the office. We're living in a very stressed and angry society. People aren't accepting injustice like they used to. My last corporate job was in an environment of racism, sabotage, lies, revenge, and rage. Everybody had to watch their back in more ways than one. I thank God everyday I am no longer in corporate america.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:36 AM

16,287 posts, read 32,474,068 times
How does sabotageing a co-worker help the organization? Employees need to realize that they are a part of something much bigger than them. It is not up to an employee to mess with or care what another employee does with the companies time. Why should I care that someone not under my control wastes the employers time and resources? The only thing that I as an employee should care about is how I am benefiting the organization that I choose to work for.

It is the job of management to determine which employees should stay or go. If someone is not pulling their weight within an organization or providing a benefit to the organization then maybe management needs to look into that and take care of the problem. As an employee though that is not my problem but the problem of management. Let them figure it out. My job is to produce more than I did before. I like being a top employee. The fact is that slackers make those of us that produce look even better. LOL

Old 02-26-2013, 11:24 AM

763 posts, read 2,612,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
How does sabotageing a co-worker help the organization? Employees need to realize that they are a part of something much bigger than them. It is not up to an employee to mess with or care what another employee does with the companies time. Why should I care that someone not under my control wastes the employers time and resources? The only thing that I as an employee should care about is how I am benefiting the organization that I choose to work for.

It is the job of management to determine which employees should stay or go. If someone is not pulling their weight within an organization or providing a benefit to the organization then maybe management needs to look into that and take care of the problem. As an employee though that is not my problem but the problem of management. Let them figure it out. My job is to produce more than I did before. I like being a top employee. The fact is that slackers make those of us that produce look even better. LOL
EXCELLENT POST!!!

The mindset of the snitch/saboteur/brown-noser is the same -- they do what they do to (1) win favor with the boss and (2) so they will be rewarded with either praise or promotion/money. MOST bosses know who these people are and use them for what they're known for, but always passing them up for promotions or raises. Sure, the boss will praise the heck out of them for being the coax to the workers' gossip and misbehavior, but when it comes down to who gets what....it won't be the snitch/saboteur.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:43 AM

3,426 posts, read 8,940,356 times
No, but hateful/jealous/negative people will sabotage you subconsciously.

Example: they will look at you funny and speak in a nasty tone to you, making your happiness/morale at work decrease.

Example: They will say nasty things about you to other co-workers and even bosses if they are friends/sleeping with the boss.

This happened to me. Worst work experience ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment