Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 04:15 PM

4,045 posts, read 4,460,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
No, but hateful/jealous/negative people will sabotage you subconsciously.

Example: they will look at you funny and speak in a nasty tone to you, making your happiness/morale at work decrease.

Example: They will say nasty things about you to other co-workers and even bosses if they are friends/sleeping with the boss.

This happened to me. Worst work experience ever.
Exactly,same here. Matter of fact I just heard from one of my friends I had at that job and heard that 2 of the idiots are now gone...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2013, 05:00 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,560,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
How does sabotageing a co-worker help the organization? Employees need to realize that they are a part of something much bigger than them. It is not up to an employee to mess with or care what another employee does with the companies time. Why should I care that someone not under my control wastes the employers time and resources? The only thing that I as an employee should care about is how I am benefiting the organization that I choose to work for.

It is the job of management to determine which employees should stay or go. If someone is not pulling their weight within an organization or providing a benefit to the organization then maybe management needs to look into that and take care of the problem. As an employee though that is not my problem but the problem of management. Let them figure it out. My job is to produce more than I did before. I like being a top employee. The fact is that slackers make those of us that produce look even better. LOL
You statements are not correct in all aspects. Let me explain. Let's say you are in a sales, like I am. I have suspected, but without absolute proof, that my former co-worker salesperson would steal sales leads and info about another salesperson's proposals and give them to competitors whom they used to work with and get the same back for them. You see, in sales you really aren't part of a team much, it's much more an individual sport. I don't need team rankings to go to Pres. Club or depend on them for sales bonus.

You are also incorrect about employees wasting resources. On our sales team of 8 we have one sales engineer. So if you are the idiot that keeps taking the SE out on appts. that aren't qualified you are stealing resources from the rest of us whom have qualified prospects.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment