Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2013, 10:28 AM

4 posts, read 3,937 times

Advertisements

The only reason I asked is because on alot of my applications I put that I have no work experince (baby sitting doesn't count apparently lol) which I do not have only to get a rejection e-mail or told that they went with someone else more suitable/qualifed when I call.

I'd lie like hell if I could and got me a couple of interview from that but got caught about two times when I broke down from pressure..not going through that again unless I become better at the B.S-ing.

I am going back to community college in 2 months..to pick some random trade but in the mean time I am am going to volunteeer at this Animal shelter until someone decied to hire me. dying of boredom here..lol

how long do you think someone would have to volunteer to be qulaifed at minimun?

And no my spelling and grammer is not this bad on application as it is on this fourm..in a rush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2013, 10:31 AM

503 posts, read 1,172,508 times
I'd say up to half a year at least. Shows some positive commitment to a working responsibility for somebody with no work history.

You're lucky. I can't even get a hold of my local shelter to volunteer. Make the best out of your opportunity.

Old 06-17-2013, 10:43 AM

570 posts, read 1,730,203 times
There is no need to volunteer to be qualify for low skill job. actually there is no need to volunteer for any job. volunteer is to help the society and other people. It's not there to help you to get a better job. it doesn't qualify you for any job.

Old 06-17-2013, 10:55 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
That totally depends on YOU!

Watch this video which I posted here a while back.

//www.city-data.com/forum/work-...ld-listen.html

Old 06-18-2013, 07:18 AM

Well apparently not for long since I have an interview today at Walmart at 4 and extrmemly axious about it.. They do situational interviews and I very, very, very horrible at answering those.

3rd time interviewing with them and could never give an answer for those types..lol

And sorry for not responding eairler since we have no internet at home and I use this at the library.

Old 06-18-2013, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForkInTheRoad View Post
I'd say up to half a year at least. Shows some positive commitment to a working responsibility for somebody with no work history.

You're lucky. I can't even get a hold of my local shelter to volunteer. Make the best out of your opportunity.
Ahaha that does suck sorry

well unless I become homeless in the near future another 6 months without my own money aint so bad.... lol

Old 06-18-2013, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotlesseden View Post
There is no need to volunteer to be qualify for low skill job. actually there is no need to volunteer for any job. volunteer is to help the society and other people. It's not there to help you to get a better job. it doesn't qualify you for any job.
yeah i think it is in my case..i suppose

Old 06-18-2013, 07:59 AM

2,091 posts, read 7,519,607 times
Good luck at your interview, try to find situations in your personal life where you solved a problem without help, or diffused a tense situation.

Fork, where are you located? We have like 15 shelters within spitting distance always in need of volunteers.

Old 06-18-2013, 12:08 PM

503 posts, read 1,172,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wireyourworld View Post
Good luck at your interview, try to find situations in your personal life where you solved a problem without help, or diffused a tense situation.

Fork, where are you located? We have like 15 shelters within spitting distance always in need of volunteers.
Nowhere that has 15 shelters nearby, lol. I live in a small suburban town that likes to pretend it's big. I've tried contacting places surrounding here, they're all coming up empty handed. It might be because of the influx of high school and college kids back home for the summer who want to "have fun working with kittens" or other silly reasons.

I'd relocate or travel further than my metro area but without money for rent, a car, insurance or public transit it's a challenge. My girlfriend has a co-worker whos boyfriend is in the same boat as me, it just took time (3~ months) for him to get anything. I might just be in a tar pit until the seasonal and younger kids go away. Was the same way in the last town I lived in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment