Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2013, 02:39 PM

40 posts, read 77,947 times

Advertisements

I'm trying to apply for another retail job as the other one only give me 32 hours.
how can i make it work? I may end up withless sleep i'm hoping to find a 24 hour job i won't be able to live where i am at anymore and i need to come up with money for rent and everything. i never get promotions i think bosses think i'm to dumb i have adhd and bad memory casue of it. so i work where i am . lived with my mom all my life and soon she will get into a retirement home as her health isn't good how am i suppose to live on around 1100-1200 i sometime get a bonus here and there every 6 months but i can't wait for a bonus.

will i be able to convince my boss to give me hours so ican work 2 jobs? this is really hard i may end upliving on the streets if i don't come up with anything soon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2013, 03:36 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,734,689 times
I have done it before. If you get the second job, just make sure you give your availability first.

For example, company A you are working 32 hours, M,W, F day T and S night. Job B tell them you are available the opposite schedule. You will make it work!

Old 10-18-2013, 03:52 PM

1,237 posts, read 3,447,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I have done it before. If you get the second job, just make sure you give your availability first.

For example, company A you are working 32 hours, M,W, F day T and S night. Job B tell them you are available the opposite schedule. You will make it work!
Yep, and if you don't have set hours for job A, make sure you can set up an arrangement with job B where you give them your available hours after job A has scheduled you.

Definitely doable. Easier if one job has set hours or a very understanding/flexible boss.

Old 10-18-2013, 03:57 PM

207 posts, read 508,450 times
Your post makes me sad. The hardships that humans go through to make it in this thing called LIFE.

Old 10-18-2013, 09:41 PM

3,199 posts, read 7,823,988 times
I am sorry about this struggle. Instead of retail could you look for a job at a restaurant? I am not sure what you do in retail but waiting tables you can make pretty good tips and has flexibility with hours.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:25 PM

i have worked at a restaurant i'm to slow and bad at memorizing so got fired within 3-4 months it was practilly the first job. so i stuck with retail i don't know what i am good at.

Old 10-19-2013, 01:50 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times
Are you on employment right now in the meantime? In my state anyway & I recently found this out...as long as you work less than 40 hrs a week, which is considered part-time, you can (hopefully) get unemployment. I've been on it since June/July & started a job in August working about 22 hrs/wk. My job pays much better than retail though.

I do feel for the rut you're in...no time to go back to school to get a better job because you need to work so much & make money NOW! Unless, you apply for financial aid for school & do some kind of online program in which you can do from your home compueter. I'm working on a Masters degree & I'm in a 3-year distance learning program. I never have to set foot on campus once.

You really need to find some kind of work at home job, so you're not running around working like a chicken with its head cut off, yet you're still making money in the privacy & relaxation of your own home. In my high cost of livingarea, my rent is $1203/month + utilities & that's lower than most apts around here & I'm in the smallest apt in my complex.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:19 AM

I'm trying to see if i can find a legit online college since i don't own a car. I do have a university nearby but i don't think i am able to get in if i can't pass that exam but I am afriad of going in debt if i fail or flunk I may not be the brightest but i will probably try hard.

I can't find work at home jobs so i am trying either get 2 jobs or find a way to study online and maybe get a the smallest hours part time job that will work around my schedule.

Old 10-20-2013, 09:17 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,153,884 times
Any blood banks in the area? You can make an extra $200 a month by giving. Another job to keep in mind is office cleaning. Usually gives you some flexibility at night to do it. Some people do dog sitting, which gives flexibility during the week. Some wealthier folks are willing to pay pretty good money just to come over and walk and feed the dog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment