Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 08:48 PM

1 posts, read 2,315 times

Advertisements

I worked on a register at a mcdonalds where 3 other people also worked the register an it came up $400 refunded they charge me with theft what can i do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2016, 02:25 PM

31 posts, read 105,718 times
Sometimes when the bill compartments for the 1 dollar, the 5 dollar, the 10 dollar, the 20 dollar, etc start filling up some of the money can possibly jump behind the drawer. This happens when the drawer opens, the bills catch on the frame of the top of the drawer and flip behind the drawer. Always, always pull the drawer out and check under the drawer and in the back of the drawer cavity before and after starting a shift. If you don't and the money gets behind the drawer you will come up short.

Old 07-23-2017, 05:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,818 times
I was told I came short of $68 and I know $20 was actually my fault may be be cause I was suppose to give someone $70 but I gave out $90 and I ask for the money from the customer immediately as soon as I remember but she refuse to give the money back claiming I gave her $70. I call the manager so she could check but the customer ran away with the money claiming she was coming inside. But $48 I could never do any mistake of such. I count my money like three times before giving it to customer. Seriously am going crazy

Old 07-24-2017, 05:49 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,113,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
I was a cashier in high school. I was short a couple of times, but the times I was ahead more than made up for it. Joking.

What chain is it? It's bad business to make employees literally pay for their mistakes. I worked for a large supermarket chain and they never made our cashiers pay if we were short. Of course, if you did it enough times, they'd just fire you.

I really don't know how cashiers come up short these days. Aren't 80% of transactions with debit and credit cards?

Back in my day, it was cash, cash, and an occasional check. So, you had to be on top of things.
According to statistics, 22% or so of all transactions are done with cash.

Old 07-24-2017, 06:30 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,524,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senkar View Post
I work at a chain restaurant in Hawaii, that requires customers to cash out at a register. I was put on the register yesterday (a Sunday) in the morning which is REALLY busy (were a breakfast place).
Anyways there is only one register, and I was not the only one working it.

So I was called yesterday by phone about 3 hours after my shift, saying that me and the other person would have to do something about it to avoid being written up. I didn't feel like arguing because everyone at my work thinks I'm very ditzy, and they don't seem to like me as much as the local employees (I'm polynesian but part white from California). So I just said 'ok' when they asked if they could deduct $50 from my paycheck.

Thing is, I ALWAYS count change back to the customers. I am professional and always try my best to make sure the customer is fine. But this place has a reputation for being unprofessional. This is my THIRD job working a register (I'm only 18) and I have never come up short. This is the other cashiers first job (he's 20 something!) and he always asks me for help with math (about the discounts, how much to take off etc).
He's worked here 3 months longer than me AND he's local so I just know they will take his side.

I am beyond frustrated that I lost one day of pay (even more. We only get 7.50 an hour as hosts)
Even if I did come up short a bit, it wouldn't be 100$! Maybe 10 at the most!
I'm thinking about quitting because I always seem to get in trouble here.
Yes I can appear slow to my coworkers but it's because I'm new and I want things to be done CORRECTLY. I'm one of those better safe than sorry kinda people. I prefer to take my time to make something of quality rather than make something of decent, okay or **** quality at a fast pace.
But no, according to someone at the workplace a bunch of people said I should just dye my hair blonde already

(???)
Hawaii is so unprofessional at some places it's ridiculous.. People gossip too much at this job I'm wondering is it even worth it??

How did they determine it was YOU specfically that was short? You weren't the only cashier so how could they possibly determine that? I can understand if you were the ONLY cashier doing every customer transaction.

Old 07-24-2017, 06:37 AM

420 posts, read 403,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
How did they determine it was YOU specfically that was short? You weren't the only cashier so how could they possibly determine that? I can understand if you were the ONLY cashier doing every customer transaction.
You got necro'd. OP hasn't been back in the four years since that post.

Old 11-15-2017, 07:34 AM

2 posts, read 3,377 times
I got my till on a weekend shift,and they had five dollar bills placed over my ten dollar bills.I told my husband who worked years in the restaurant business, and he said it seems like one of the managers are trying to make it look like my drawer is short because I'm new.I'm thinking of reporting it if I notice this again on my weekend shift,seeing how I never notice fives over tens on my week day shift.I don't want to lose my job if someone else is stealing.I work at McDonalds.

Old 11-15-2017, 07:46 AM

2 posts, read 3,377 times
I work at McDonalds, I'm scared the manager is making my drawer look short.I don't know what to do!

Old 11-15-2017, 08:11 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,378,016 times
I'm not sure, but I think here where I live, they can't take it out of the employee's paycheck unless they can prove the employee stole it. There are lots of reasons why a cash register can come up short. It's also possible someone who works there took the money out, when you weren't looking?

Old 11-15-2017, 08:49 AM

2,575 posts, read 2,076,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine Moore View Post
I work at McDonalds, I'm scared the manager is making my drawer look short.I don't know what to do!
Always watch your drawer being counted or even ask to count it yourself (they will still count it, too). It should be counted before it goes in the drawer and when it's taken out at then end of your shift
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment