Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 08:40 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,841,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Ungrateful people!!!!!Screw that. Do these same people realize how many people would love to look forward to a productive Monday much less a weekend? The hardest work is being out of work.
Where I work, people get excited on friday eve (thursday). I prefer to enjoy each and every day, irregardless of what I'm doing.

Sorry, I can't related to being out of work. Is that what this whole rant is about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2013, 09:30 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,258,252 times
Quote:
Having history of being employed and unemployed, I can assure you that being unemployed is much more stressful.
Ok, well next time you eat good food don't mention how good the food tastes because there are people out there who are born without the sense of taste and might be offended by you stating how something tastes good when they can't taste.

I have sympathy for anyone who is unemployed and can't find work. Like, I really do. It's scary out there. But your complaint is stupid. You're probably the same guy who, when finding a job sooner or later, will get home on a Friday night and say "Wow, I'm glad it's the weekend!". Well, before you say that, remember all the unemployed people out there. In fact while you're at it, stop seeing, you're offending all the blind people out there.

Old 11-22-2013, 10:20 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,678,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks86 View Post
Ok, well next time you eat good food don't mention how good the food tastes because there are people out there who are born without the sense of taste and might be offended by you stating how something tastes good when they can't taste.

I have sympathy for anyone who is unemployed and can't find work. Like, I really do. It's scary out there. But your complaint is stupid. You're probably the same guy who, when finding a job sooner or later, will get home on a Friday night and say "Wow, I'm glad it's the weekend!". Well, before you say that, remember all the unemployed people out there. In fact while you're at it, stop seeing, you're offending all the blind people out there.

The last time I was employed, I worked weekends, so Fridays wasn't something I looked forward to.

Next time, don't ever accuse anyone of taking anything for granted(because I know you do. Everybody does) because you would be a hypocrite based on the posts in this thread.

Old 11-22-2013, 10:35 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,258,252 times
Quote:
The last time I was employed, I worked weekends, so Fridays wasn't something I looked forward to.

Next time, don't ever accuse anyone of taking anything for granted(because I know you do. Everybody does) because you would be a hypocrite based on the posts in this thread.
I'm not accusing anyone of taking something for granted nor am I stating I don't take things for granted, I was simply pointing out how stupid your complaint was about people posting humorous comments on social media celebrating it being the weekend and the work week being over and you being offended and complaining that their ungrateful for their jobs and you being offended because you're not employed. Sorry man, but your complaint was childish.

Old 11-22-2013, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks86 View Post
I'm not accusing anyone of taking something for granted nor am I stating I don't take things for granted, I was simply pointing out how stupid your complaint was about people posting humorous comments on social media celebrating it being the weekend and the work week being over and you being offended and complaining that their ungrateful for their jobs and you being offended because you're not employed. Sorry man, but your complaint was childish.
So I guess "First World Problems" is childish.

Old 11-23-2013, 04:14 AM

2,633 posts, read 6,399,291 times
Quote:
So I guess "First World Problems" is childish.
Yes. As is this thread.

Don't like what they're posting? Get off Facebook. It's not society's responsibility to look out for your feelings.

Old 11-23-2013, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzPeterson View Post
Yes. As is this thread.

Don't like what they're posting? Get off Facebook. It's not society's responsibility to look out for your feelings.
And yet you have time to complain about this thread.

Old 11-23-2013, 07:52 AM

2,633 posts, read 6,399,291 times
Yeah. As I enjoy my weekend.

The attitudes like the one you present in this thread are a major issue I run across in hiring. So, as someone who could potentially create a situation that could pull you out of the ranks of the unemployed, here's my advice.

Grow up.
Toughen up.
Realize that society doesn't owe you a thing.
You are not the special flower your parents made you believe you were - you are exactly the same as many others out there, the only differentiating factor will be attitude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment