Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 06:33 AM

3,032 posts, read 4,734,163 times

Advertisements

Can I ask you a serious question?

Every other job/interview that you mention, you state it is your "dream job." What exactly do you mean by that? I feel like you're putting more weight than you need to into every application you send in by labeling things your "dream job."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2014, 07:09 AM

1,163 posts, read 1,807,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosane View Post
Quick update: status changed from under consideration to rejected. Ouch!
"Under consideration" doesn't mean anything.
It just meant that your application was forwarded along with others to the hiring manager.
I was just in one company's Taleo and that was what explained when I clicked on "Under Consideration".
The more accurate term would be "Sent to Hiring Manager".

Old 06-04-2014, 01:31 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Taleo seems to waste job seekers time

Have Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) Ruined Job Search?
Interesting. Thank you for the link.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcq View Post
I have received plenty of interviews after applying through Taleo. Sometimes it is a black hole, other times it is not. If you can find "another way", which is possible but not always easy, go for it. Any foot in the door is better. If not, what do you really have to lose other than a little bit of time? Most Taleo applications are <20 minutes, especially once you've been through them a few times. Results may vary, of course.
I've had an interview off of taleo, while the majority of the time, no luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlikeme View Post
Can I ask you a serious question?

Every other job/interview that you mention, you state it is your "dream job." What exactly do you mean by that? I feel like you're putting more weight than you need to into every application you send in by labeling things your "dream job."
Anything that makes me daydream about holding that job. I do realize I shouldn't put any weight on these jobs, since it's only gonna make the burn extra spicy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieee488 View Post
It just meant that your application was forwarded along with others to the hiring manager.
I was just in one company's Taleo and that was what explained when I clicked on "Under Consideration".
From now on I will for sure not take it to mean anything good lol.

Old 06-04-2014, 07:29 PM

80 posts, read 128,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ieee488 View Post
I have a twist for the "under consideration". I was interviewed on site for a job at the end of April. I knew they were doing the initial interviews and I was informed by HR, it could take a month. I emailed the HR contact and was told the HM had been out of town. The HR rep emailed me again last week to tell me that I was still "under consideration" for the position and the first round of interviews would be completed Monday, 6/2. She would let me know this week about next steps and advancing to the next step in the selection process. Needless to say, I haven't stopped interviewing because of all the time it's taking for the HM to make a decision.

Old 06-05-2014, 12:08 AM

39 posts, read 215,212 times
The companies use only Taleo for the jobs I want to apply for, sigh, I can't bypass Taleo even if I want to

Old 06-05-2014, 07:35 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,000,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontfret View Post
The companies use only Taleo for the jobs I want to apply for, sigh, I can't bypass Taleo even if I want to
it's possible, just have to be creative
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment