Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 11:47 PM

2,064 posts, read 4,446,001 times

Advertisements

i had one friend who quit a company (huge international company with like 100k employees) but they kept paying him. he kept calling them and emailing them to let them know (he didn't want to spend it all only to have to pay it all back so he just left it in his bank account) but it took forever for them to fix it. he got paid for around 4 months and they finally stopped paying him but never asked for it back.

RVD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2014, 08:26 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,489,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD90277 View Post
I have also said this before but if my paycheck was off my 7%, i don't think i would notice. i simply assume that the payroll company gets it right.

it's not like i someone is paid $60k/year and gets paid twice a week, they get $2,500 in their bank account. since there are always taxes, 401k, insurance, etc. that is taken off, the amounts do differ month by month by a little bit. i also have a job where every so often i get a bonus so the amounts vary even more.

heck, if payroll missed a paycheck i would barely notice...it would probably take me a few days or so to realize that there was no deposit in awhile. we also get paid every other week so even in my $60k/year example, the gross isn't as simple at $2,500 since it's 26 paychecks and not 24. i also don't live paycheck to paycheck and use direct deposit and automated bill pay so stuff just gets paid out.

the "oh really, i didn't notice" is a pretty viable excuse.

but again, the OP shouldn't be knowingly dishonest about it. he came here asking for advice, got it, and then chose to ignore it.
It didn't choose to ignore the advice; it came here specifically to get a rise out of people.

Old 09-21-2014, 08:26 PM

1,938 posts, read 2,173,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
If you are being accuse of being a troll please report it. There is nothing worse than people accusing somebody to be a troll just because they don't agree.
It's not a matter of disagreeing, but I do find it hard to believe there are some who think honest people are losers, and the winners in life are those who cheat and steal when they get the chance.

Of course it's possible to have a mistake on your paycheck and not notice. I could see that happening to someone as an honest mistake, but that's not what we're discussing here. The OP knows the paycheck is wrong...that's something else entirely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomman View Post
To all the honest losers here, there is a reason that you are poor, miserable, and trying to shame people on city data to raise your fragile self-esteem.
I think I'll take my chances as an honest loser.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment