Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 08:51 AM

210 posts, read 246,190 times

Advertisements

Sadly it would be seen as rude if you just close it. As previous posters have said do it with a smile and all should be well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2014, 08:57 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,242,257 times
At this point, I would probably just go to my boss to avoid any further friction. Turn it around so it sounds like she's disrupting calls with customers, who can hear what she's saying. Even tell your boss that you've had customers say it sounds like a party and how it embarrassed you, as you represent this company.

or you can just stick out and be tough skinned. I used to sit outside our managing director's office. I didn't know one could use the "f" word 7 times in one sentence lol...I learned to ignore him. Headphones are the best way to go, especially when the office allows it. I keep mine on OFTEN and just loud enough to drown out the noise but not loud enough that I can't hear the phone or if someone comes to talk to me.

Old 09-20-2014, 07:36 AM

223 posts, read 300,460 times
Why is it so hard for a manager to tell people who use a speakerphone to close the door when they are on it or to tell a loud person to tone down their voice as they are disturbing other people on the staff? If they can't handle that little task, then they shouldn't be a manager.

Old 09-21-2014, 07:23 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,188,633 times
I have a coworker who takes every single call on speaker phone. I finally went over and closed the door during a call from another employee. They were talking about HR type stuff, and I didn't think the person on the other end would appreciate having her end of the conversation broadcast. It helped for a little while, but he's back at at now.

Old 09-21-2014, 02:35 PM

83 posts, read 114,252 times
No it isn't rude of you to close their door. If anything it's rude of them to have the hubris to think others want to hear their conversation. Especially when they can A.) Close their door B.) Take themselves off of speaker phone C.) Do a combination of A and B.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment