Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 01:51 PM

2,086 posts, read 4,131,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by screttiu View Post
Actually the M5250 is pretty close to the Dominion. Do you have any feedback on the Dominion itself?
I don't think i will move somewhere else as I am staying in Houston only for 9 months so this is going to be the final location!!
Nope, just looks nice from the outside. I'd prefer dominion for walk ability to the local amenities, shops restaurants, etc.. That few extra blocks to M5250 will make a difference and there's a lot less in the immediate vicinity. Whole foods is a 10 minute walk from Dominion, not 20, and just more central to everything else. Even a 10 minute walk in the summer is tough. I wouldn't pay attention to internet reviews so much to compare these two buildings, they'll attract similar clients. M5250 is brand new so will have alot less social media complaints on that basis alone.

(Missed the 9 months bit!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2014, 03:35 AM

113 posts, read 112,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyYot View Post
Nope, just looks nice from the outside. I'd prefer dominion for walk ability to the local amenities, shops restaurants, etc.. That few extra blocks to M5250 will make a difference and there's a lot less in the immediate vicinity. Whole foods is a 10 minute walk from Dominion, not 20, and just more central to everything else. Even a 10 minute walk in the summer is tough. I wouldn't pay attention to internet reviews so much to compare these two buildings, they'll attract similar clients. M5250 is brand new so will have alot less social media complaints on that basis alone.

(Missed the 9 months bit!)

OK so I am waiting for the M5250 quote and some others but If we don't find anything interesting and reasonable in price, we will confirm the Dominion...fingers crossed...

Old 12-24-2014, 05:57 AM

hey we have finally found a building that seems fine and its name is Hanover Post Oak. do you know it? we should be signing the contract next week. it's just in front of the four leaf towers.

moreover, I have contacted the HCC college southwest campus..asking about English courses..one thing is not clear to me and its about tuition fee...are we inside the area that.allows us to pay
cheaper?

any input on the above subjects is very much appreciated.

thanks!

Old 12-24-2014, 07:06 AM

2,086 posts, read 4,131,808 times
Great location!! Those apartments look fantastic, been watching them get built over the last year or so. No doubt a great view. Good luck!

Old 12-24-2014, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyYot View Post
Great location!! Those apartments look fantastic, been watching them get built over the last year or so. No doubt a great view. Good luck!
so you confirm they are nice? I have never visited but I switched.from Dominion to Hanover.....
seems great for the views..this is going to be on the 15th floor...

Old 12-24-2014, 06:57 PM

370 posts, read 612,854 times
Quote:
so you confirm they are nice? I have never visited but I switched.from Dominion to Hanover.....
seems great for the views..this is going to be on the 15th floor...
Hanover is the one of the best at high end complexes in Houston. Excellent complex and one of the best locations in the Galleria too. You'll have a great experience at the Post Oak location, have no concerns. congratulations

Old 12-25-2014, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyan View Post
Hanover is the one of the best at high end complexes in Houston. Excellent complex and one of the best locations in the Galleria too. You'll have a great experience at the Post Oak location, have no concerns. congratulations

Yes it seems fantastic complex. I have chosen it browsing the web. I know the area and I was about to sign for the DOminion Post Oak but then I put thaton hold till I decided to go for the Hanover. The apartment should be on the 15th floor. (I suppose high enough for good views....?)
Do you know someone living in the building? How is the area around the building?

ALso it seems the HCC has a campus in the SouthWest area, in Gulfton. I Googled to search for public transport to and from the Hanover to the Campus and connections seems good!!!

Can you please confirm that she will be able to move without a car ??

Thanks!!

PS: as soon as I move in I will post some pictures and update on the situation....now we have to confirm and sign!!

Old 12-25-2014, 01:28 PM

370 posts, read 612,854 times
Quote:
Yes it seems fantastic complex. I have chosen it browsing the web. I know the area and I was about to sign for the DOminion Post Oak but then I put thaton hold till I decided to go for the Hanover. The apartment should be on the 15th floor. (I suppose high enough for good views....?)
Do you know someone living in the building? How is the area around the building?

ALso it seems the HCC has a campus in the SouthWest area, in Gulfton. I Googled to search for public transport to and from the Hanover to the Campus and connections seems good!!!

Can you please confirm that she will be able to move without a car ??

Thanks!!

PS: as soon as I move in I will post some pictures and update on the situation....now we have to confirm and sign!!
it depends on which side your view is, anything over floor 8 is good. 15th is great. Houston terrain is flat, so you don't really have hills blocking your view.

as for whats around it, you have a 'whole foods' next door(great grocery store) a bunch of high end retail(hermes, zadok, etc) some nice restaurants(many on the higher end), office buildings and title companies next to you.

everything is great about the location, the only thing i would add is during the hours of 3pm - 7:30pm, there is traffic build up

Old 12-25-2014, 03:01 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,451,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
The OP may also want to consider HCC (Houston Community College) for his wife's language lessons. There is a huge campus at I-10 @ Beltway 8 which would be on your way to your office if you lived in Uptown or even Midtown for that matter.

Home - Houston Community College | HCC

Plus since you would be living inside the HISD District you will get a break on tuition.
Lafayette West Corporate Housing is a couple blocks away from there. I saw it everyday on the way to school. Thought it wasn't a goofy idea since it is in a commercial area (Energy Corridor). It also has easy access to Beltway 8 to go to that industrial area on FM 529.

Old 12-26-2014, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyan View Post
it depends on which side your view is, anything over floor 8 is good. 15th is great. Houston terrain is flat, so you don't really have hills blocking your view.

as for whats around it, you have a 'whole foods' next door(great grocery store) a bunch of high end retail(hermes, zadok, etc) some nice restaurants(many on the higher end), office buildings and title companies next to you.

everything is great about the location, the only thing i would add is during the hours of 3pm - 7:30pm, there is traffic build up

I dont know whch side the view is. However, I will ask. I have watched a drone recorded video and it seems you may have a view on Downtown, the Four Leaf Towers right in front of you, and towards NOrth (the Dominion area ). So in every case it should be ok...

That being said, just a couple of other info. Is there any good swimming pool around this area? I mean, when i say swimming pool I mean indoor swimming pool where to swim all year round without burning under the sun.
Moreover, is there any fitne club around? At Hanover Post Oak we have a brand new fitness centre, but I'd like my wife to spend time among people and talking with them to improve her language skills.

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
View detailed profiles of: