Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2015, 12:28 PM

9 posts, read 20,408 times

Advertisements

Hi all, I am hoping to get some insight on this.

Towards the beginning of this month (March) I finished by last interview for a job I am hoping to get. The manager called me to tell me that they intend to hire me but they need my background check to complete before he can give me a formal offer. He emailed me the link to a company called HireRight that handles the background check for their hiring process. I filled out the form and gave HireRight permission to conduct a background check.

That was on March 9th. It has been 3 weeks now (or about 14 business days) and my background check still has not been completed. This does not seem to be typical because the hiring manager had wanted to get me in to a "core training" the weekend of the 13th. I called HireRight yesterday to try and figure out what the delay could be.

HireRight told me that they had all the information they needed from me but have been waiting for a city that I use to live in to fulfill their request. So it seems that the city has been holding this whole process up.

I'm wondering if I should try to call the city myself to see if there is a reason for the delay. If I were to do this, what city office should I call? If I call would they actually be able to give me some insight on this or would they just give me a cold shoulder?

Thanks for the help!

Edit- This is in Massachusetts if that matters
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2015, 02:14 PM

12,104 posts, read 23,268,769 times
It depends what city division they made a request to. Are they waiting for a records check from the police department or something else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment