Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 05:50 PM

213 posts, read 205,863 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the support and advice. I don't think he hid the sweep out of spite, I don't even think he tried to "hide" it on purpose. I think he just put it where he wanted it instead of where it actually belonged. Why he put it in such a way I ended up getting covered in filth that time I have no idea, considering that would work against him or anyone trying to retrieve the sweep.

Luckily I only get to deal with this guy once a day, if at all, which is why I labeled it as a "small" problem. If I want to do anything other then bagging or checking (like work with the cool produce guys) I will have to deal with him much more though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2016, 06:11 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,724,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
He sounds like an A$$hole and a bully. I'm not sure, but I've heard that standing up to a bully will make him back down and grow some respect. Write everything down and date it, just in case he ends up getting you fired.

If he gives you a dirty look, give him one right back. If he says "that's MY desk" in a raised voice, say "I didn't know it was YOUR desk, so WHERE shall I put it?"

Keep giving him back the crap he's dishing out. If that doesn't work, then go to the management to have a chat with him. If he's unhappy with working with you or with your work, he might try to report you. Beat him to it.

Best advice on here. Usually with people like this they're testing you to see how far they can go, give it right back to them and they usually back down.

Old 03-04-2016, 11:04 AM

2,704 posts, read 2,779,921 times
I wouldn't take crap from him either. If he has an attitude problem, then dish it back at him. Sooner or later he'll see how it feels to be insulted the same way.

Old 03-20-2016, 11:30 PM

1,752 posts, read 3,768,041 times
So there are now two bullies at work? The Front End guy (post deleted I see) and now this guy??

Old 03-21-2016, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadingedge04 View Post
So there are now two bullies at work? The Front End guy (post deleted I see) and now this guy??
The stockroom guy doesn't bully me by my way of thinking. He doesn't interact with me if he doesn't have to.
The other one that I mentioned in my thread "stitch in time" only talks at me when he is in the company of others, otherwise he ignores me, even if i smile at him or say "hey". He is one of those narcissists who never left highschool. He is pleased with himself when he instigates others into laughing at me and he goes out of his way to sneer at me. Basically he acts like a generic female bully out of a movie. He disgusts me.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/work-...tich-time.html

I'm not sure why no one replied. Too long I guess.

Old 06-25-2016, 10:30 PM

Are you still at this job?

Old 06-26-2016, 11:00 AM

Yes.

Almost all problems resolved themselves following CD advice (not taking things so damn seriously) and mainly Self-Improvement (being less awkward and more friendly, having some humor). Mr. Slick and I became friendly with one another because I responded to his nastiness with humor instead of more nastiness, but his true colors became evident to mgmt and he eventually crashed and burned. My supervisor got complained about to death apparently, and is now well behaved, also I learned to work with her, more like "around" her. I'm back to being her favorite employee, now that Mr. Slick is gone. I'm getting better money, because i'm super reliable and get more hours than most, plus extra due to always covering others shifts. Learning to work around another troublesome (lazyyyy and annoying) supervisor at the moment. Oddly, i've learned that saying 'No' will get you more respect than saying 'Yes' all the time. I'm treated more respectfully now than ever.

Only issues are not enough money to live adequately on regardless, and frequent health issues.

Old 06-26-2016, 10:34 PM

Glad to hear everything worked themselves out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment