Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 07:49 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,183,928 times

Advertisements

I actually like it when I can see women's bras through their shirts. I'm a boob man (and also an ass man)

That being said, I woudn't be so foolish as to make a comment about this to these women. If you do, you're asking for trouble. Hell, they may stop doing it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2016, 09:16 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,929,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KattyInvest View Post
Thank you for the replies. To be fair, this is not at all an issue to me but I am surprised that most people feel the same way. I was primarily concerned about her and I was not looking to jeopardize my career over it. Simply, I was making the post to see if there was something I was not thinking of. I am relieved to find that this isn't a big deal and will definitely not bring it up with her haha.

As a side point, to all saying that management would bring it up...we work in pretty isolated environments and do not have physical interaction with management a lot. Also, like I mentioned, this "issue" is not common and I have only noticed a couple of times. My point is that management probably has not noticed and I was only seeing if there was a simple solution I am missing (which looks to be to do nothing!). Thanks.
Quote:
In case anyone missed my previous post, I got the message already haha! But feel free to keep posting, I do not want to deprive anyone here the entertainment value.

Sorry- I don't think you got the message- in fact your second post above was even creepier (if possible) than your first post. You just seem to be digging the hole you're already in deeper- trust me you do not get it.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:20 PM

1,278 posts, read 1,253,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
Not sure I even know what a bra outline is but since you're 24 I'll cut you a break.

Once I stop laughing from these replies.

PROTIP: NEVER EVER EVER EVER get overly familiar with your co-workers. Smile and talk about work, food and hobbies. PERIOD. Don't insult or get in disagreements about FOOD or HOBBIES either LOL.

NEVER anything about anyone's appearance.

NEVER anything about intimate subjects or stupid stories about fights with girlfriends etc.

NEVER ask ANY personal questions.

Humbly and quietly visualize yourself as the potential president of the company and not everybody's buddy.

Trust me people will find ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to get offended about if you haven't noticed.

Don't test them talking about bra outlines FFS.
WOW, you'd think we all lived in China or some communist country.

Old 04-06-2016, 10:50 PM

4,577 posts, read 5,687,306 times
Quote:
I know there is much discussion on this already on the internet but I wanted to hear some opinions for my specific scenario. So, I have a female coworker (I am male) who I see pretty much everyday and I have noticed (for the second time now) that her bra outline is visible through her shirt. I work at a financial institution where the dress code is pretty slack (mostly business casual) but I highly doubt her outfit is appropriate. We are pretty good work friends as well so I do not want to see her get in trouble or embarrass herself. At the same time, we aren't close enough to where I can just say anything to her.

I suppose my questions are 1) is this a big deal in the first place? And 2) what would you do in my situation?
DON'T GO THERE. REALLY, DON'T GO THERE. Mention her bra, and you are automatically labeled as a drooling, lascivious pervert, and guilty of sexual harassment. You aren't her boss. Leave it be. MAYBE a female coworker could get away with saying "Hey, girl, borrow my jacket, that blouse is pretty damn see-through, and KattyInvest is over there getting a hard-on every time he looks at you," but from your post, I can't determine whether it's from an ill-fitting bra or clothes that are too low/too see-through for a professional workplace. Either way, it's her supervisor's job to counsel her on this, NOT YOU. Down, boy. There is no way this is going to end well. Unless she comes to YOU for advice (doubtful), keep your mouth shut. In fact, EVEN if she comes to you, your best bet is to say, "I'm not very good at fashion advice, have you asked (female coworker who dresses well or her boss) what s/he thinks?"

We hired a receptionist for our very public front desk who had been a good assistant for a group in the office, but just didn't have the polish needed for this office's front desk. One of our managers sat her down and said, "Look, here's what needs to change for you to get this job." Gone were the jeans and the blue streaked hair, gone were the skin-tight tops, and gone were the short sleeves that accented her tattoo collection. The manager went shopping with her, and helped her choose a few wardrobe pieces that she could mix and match. She walked in on her first day at the front desk and -- wow! She looked terrific and professional, but still like herself.

Old 04-06-2016, 10:54 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,386,838 times
Quote:
In case anyone missed my previous post, I got the message already haha! But feel free to keep posting, I do not want to deprive anyone here the entertainment value.
This issue isn't even close to mildly entertaining and your attitude as presented is not in a very good light. It is generally best to tend your own wardrobe and job and leave the rest to those who have the authority to tend to everyone.

Old 04-06-2016, 11:24 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,613,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exit82 View Post
Sorry- I don't think you got the message- in fact your second post above was even creepier (if possible) than your first post. You just seem to be digging the hole you're already in deeper- trust me you do not get it.

Yeah, I agree with you. Creep out factor. The fact that he said "haha" in his two follow up posts leads me to believe this is from someone who went out for a troll.

Old 04-06-2016, 11:24 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,036,195 times
I wish the OP would chime in on exactly what he meant by "bra outline."

Old 04-06-2016, 11:29 PM

51,690 posts, read 25,953,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capschick View Post
1) no. A bra outline is pretty common, most of them aren't made to be invisible. I see nothing inappropriate about wearing a bra with a shirt over it.

2) nothing, unless you want an hr nightmare on your hands.

Old 04-07-2016, 04:21 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,357,430 times
A female co-worker's clothing (or even lack thereof) is none of your business. If it is an issue to the company, she will be spoken to by her manager or Human Resources. I think it's more likely she's embarrassing you, rather than herself, but that's your issue to deal with.

Old 04-07-2016, 04:30 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,946,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ControlJohnsons View Post
WOW, you'd think we all lived in China or some communist country.
I'd say more like raised by fools who didn't teach any common sense to their kids and prepare them for dealing with strangers in a work environment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment