Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 03:16 PM

1,112 posts, read 1,145,583 times

Advertisements

I am at a loss because in the years I have been employed, I was naive enough to think most people would wipe the seat and floor if they missed the toilet and washed their hands after using the restroom. I was wrong.

We share a restroom because our office is small. One person misses the toilet often, so I have to clean it up.
But I was horrified to notice this same person also doesn't wash their hands. Right after tearing it up in there, they will walk right out. After I noticed that, I do not shake hands lol.

I have brought the restroom cleanliness issue up to my manager but it fell on deaf ears. I was just asking if we could put up a sign that says "please be courteous and wipe the seat", or something to that effect. I didn't even bring up that there is urine on the floor too. One day I thought I saw feces too. I am not trying to embarrass anyone, but yuck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2016, 03:27 PM

2,702 posts, read 2,768,236 times
...Ew.

Old 04-11-2016, 03:30 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,552,921 times
My grandma had a sign hanging above her toilet that said "If you sprinkle when you tinkle, be a sweetie and wipe the seatie".

This sign, along with one about washing hands would come in handy at most jobs I've ever worked. Heck, most public restrooms too.

Old 04-11-2016, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
My grandma had a sign hanging above her toilet that said "If you sprinkle when you tinkle, be a sweetie and wipe the seatie".

This sign, along with one about washing hands would come in handy at most jobs I've ever worked. Heck, most public restrooms too.
I swear we need one here. I am a bit surprised people in their 40's even need to be reminded.

Old 04-11-2016, 03:55 PM

29,527 posts, read 22,695,541 times
The title should have been, do you work with sick pukes that think it's 'funny' to make a mess in the toilet area.

Thankfully I work in a mid sized company where people tend to be a bit more civilized about toilet habits. No urime all over the seats, no surprise biomass in the toilets, etc.

Old 04-11-2016, 03:57 PM

13,496 posts, read 18,210,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabber_wocky View Post
....I have brought the restroom cleanliness issue up to my manager but it fell on deaf ears. I was just asking if we could put up a sign that says "please be courteous and wipe the seat", or something to that effect. I didn't even bring up that there is urine on the floor too. One day I thought I saw feces too. I am not trying to embarrass anyone, but yuck.
What do your fellow employees think about this situation?

Old 04-11-2016, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
What do your fellow employees think about this situation?
One employee was absolutely disgusted by it. He also brought it up to our manager but nothing was done about it. I think management here is afraid to offend the person that does this. I thought bringing it up to my direct manager would bring it to light, but alas, nothing.

Old 04-11-2016, 07:13 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,610 posts, read 81,316,164 times
Actually, in our office of about 400, with 5 pairs of restrooms, we have the opposite problem. There is a guy in Accounting that washes his hands and dries them 4 times before using the urinal, then again 5 times after. When he leaves the garbage can is full of paper towels even at 8am.

Old 04-11-2016, 08:14 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,148,192 times
One location I work at the employee mens restroom has custom signs someone made addressing things like pee everwhere, dookie not in the toilet and shredded toilet paper tossed about. Its often really gross. I have seen paper "glued" to the stalls also. I cannot understand why people would do that. Its also disrespectful in addition to disgusting.

In regards to washing hands, most people I see both employees and others from the public only give a "rinse". They will wet thier hands, drop a tiny bit of soap and rinse it off. This is not proper washing. People's hands carry tons of germs. A wash should be hot water, soap and at least 30 seconds of washing. In this I can say I practice what I preach.

Old 04-11-2016, 09:52 PM

509 posts, read 555,468 times
You work with an adult who poops on the seat?!?!?!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment