Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2017, 03:41 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,198,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
I remember when there was another personality test long ago (Mid 1990's) and so while I knew the employer would hire anyone (As long as they could walk and talk) I then just marked the answers I'd have loved to give in various situations. The result came back that I was not to be trusted with financial documents, Nor given a position of authority and that I had a hair trigger temper.

They still hired me as a security guard....Go figure
You were the perfect candidate for security!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2017, 07:56 AM

811 posts, read 625,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
More nonsense by idiotic employers to try and find any reason NOT to hire people who don't fit into their psychotic high school cliques even if the candidate can bring a ton of value to the company.

If the most important things are being potential beer/love buddies and being a "cultural fit" instead of being QUALIFIED, than your company probably doesn't deserve to be in business and you get what you deserve when you sink like the titanic.

These crackpot companies deserve no sympathy who operate like this and swirl into the winds of a turd toilet bowl at the end of the day
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
They want extroverts, bubbly socialites, and people will work for the bare minimum and give their live to a company only to be kicked to the curb when they become "too expensive with too much seniority"

I often wonder what happened to people like you; why the vitriol and anger. Your self-torment and anguish seems to be poetic justice for your attitude and behavior.

We actually use DISC in our company and find it helpful not to "pigeon hole" but to provide better communication and empathy between co-workers.

Example: It's easy for "D's" to run over people because they often don't grasp the universe of difference between their high-risk, conflict-comfortable, challenge-driven quirks and how that can intimidate and frustrate a "C" or "S". When co-workers embrace the reality that we're not all wired the same and use different lenses and filters to view life it should give us compassion and empathy toward each other making the work environment much more cohesive, productive, and enjoyable.

Those who protest against a simple tool like this do more to expose their bents and traits than any personality profile could ever do. Like it or not we all roll a certain way. A tool like this just makes it easier to recognize our unique differences and how those differences may be used to assemble and maintain a winning team.

Old 09-04-2017, 12:31 PM

10,326 posts, read 17,467,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzourah2006 View Post
You said it yourself...deal with. You don't deserve a job, when there are 50 other people just as qualified as you why should they hire someone they have to "deal with" when they can hire someone qualified and pleasant? You seem to live in a world where the 2 options are unqualified and pleasant or qualified and unpleasant. You clearly lean towards the unpleasant to work with side as I can tell from interacting with you, but that doesn't make you qualified or good at your job. Also there is a huge difference between being opinionated and professional, I.e. Task conflict vs. "relationship conflict" or the fact that a person is just a pain in the a$$ to work with.

Just some food for thought
Reading Comprehension Fail
I said unless toxic.

Passing over someone toxic is different than passing over someone who doesn't seem like the type of person you'd want to chat sports or have drinks with.

Old 09-04-2017, 12:34 PM

8,305 posts, read 3,833,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elna Rae View Post
I often wonder what happened to people like you; why the vitriol and anger. Your self-torment and anguish seems to be poetic justice for your attitude and behavior.
Same question every time I come across it.

Old 09-04-2017, 12:35 PM

8,305 posts, read 3,833,722 times
Just like you assess your employer, they assess you to see whether you're a good fit or whether you are on a track that makes sense for you and the organization. It's good to see that employers are taking control of how they spend their money rather than being irresponsible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment