Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 12:15 AM

403 posts, read 667,333 times

Advertisements

1. Debt. Collector-They gave me a three day trial run at a debt. collection agency 7 years back, and they attempted to hire me after day two since there was a point on day two to where I didn't need any training whatsoever (since my numbers were already getting to be impressive) as a transfer agent. I literally turned it down, with me literally walking out on a couple of offers since I detested it so much. I was literally cowering in fear over the thought of having to pay a lawsuit.
2. Police officer
3. Pilot
4. Firefighter
5. Flight attendant-This would be the lesser of the two evils for me (between pilot and flight attendant). Due to me being disabled, I'd be permanently disqualified. I seem to be good in customer service roles, but I would never be able to save people from dying if the airplane crashes.
6. Teacher
7. Principal
8. Manager/Supervisor
9. Mailman
10. Fast food employee
11. Tech. employee
12. Line cook
13. Lawyer
14. Professional athlete
15. Web designer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2017, 08:07 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,056,537 times
Could never do, orwould never do?

If could never, I guess I would have to put pro athlete as well, as I don't think I could ever have developed the physical skill. Doctoral level physicist, because I don't have that level of inclination for math.

If you mean would never, or highly prefer not to do, the list of more prosaic jobs becomes longer.

Truck driver, because I don't like long distance driving.
Therapist, because I don't want to hear about people's problems.
Hi-rise construction worker, because I am afraid of heights.

Old 10-18-2017, 08:11 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,304,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawksfan33 View Post
1. Debt. Collector-They gave me a three day trial run at a debt. collection agency 7 years back, and they attempted to hire me after day two since there was a point on day two to where I didn't need any training whatsoever (since my numbers were already getting to be impressive) as a transfer agent. I literally turned it down, with me literally walking out on a couple of offers since I detested it so much. I was literally cowering in fear over the thought of having to pay a lawsuit.
2. Police officer
3. Pilot
4. Firefighter
5. Flight attendant-This would be the lesser of the two evils for me (between pilot and flight attendant). Due to me being disabled, I'd be permanently disqualified. I seem to be good in customer service roles, but I would never be able to save people from dying if the airplane crashes.
6. Teacher
7. Principal
8. Manager/Supervisor
9. Mailman
10. Fast food employee
11. Tech. employee
12. Line cook
13. Lawyer
14. Professional athlete
15. Web designer

I don't think I could do any of those jobs except 2...I could be a detective but not a beat cop. I'd be OK being a mail carrier too, and a lawyer as long as I didn't have to go to court or work ridiculous hours. And 14 is obviously not something I could do!

Old 10-18-2017, 08:49 AM

44,371 posts, read 20,076,303 times
  • Dentist. (I'd rather be a proctologist than a dentist.)
  • Any job in a slaughterhouse.
  • Telemarketer.
  • Babysitter.
  • Teacher. I'm intelligent enough but I'm not good at explaining things to others. Plus, I have little patience for unruly kids.
  • Any job inside a prison or jail.
  • The person who cleans up road kill.
That's it for starters.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 10-18-2017, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post
  • Dentist. (I'd rather be a proctologist than a dentist.)
  • Any job in a slaughterhouse.
  • Telemarketer.
  • Babysitter.
  • Teacher. I'm intelligent enough but I'm not good at explaining things to others. Plus, I have little patience for unruly kids.
  • Any job inside a prison or jail.
  • The person who cleans up road kill.
That's it for starters.

I forgot to add Dentist onto my list, and babysitter. I surprisingly don't mind telemarketing.

Old 10-18-2017, 07:45 PM

2,156 posts, read 3,334,757 times
I could never be a Soldier because I don't take orders from anyone when my life is on the line. I do what is best in my interest, not the interest of others when my life is at risks. Secondly, in general, I'm an evil person when it comes to the opponent, I take things personally and I would wack too many people due to hate.

Old 10-18-2017, 07:58 PM

30,364 posts, read 51,976,363 times
Of course there are probably hundreds (for anyone), but here are some that come to mind... mostly for physical reasons, since I'm too arthritic for labor or standing-only jobs.

Factory worker
Construction worker
Retail clerk
Veterinarian, shelter worker, or animal control officer (too heartbreaking)
Cop
Firefighter
Anything in the medical field (just because I suck at science, lol)
Telemarketer or collector
Repo woman

Uhhh, what else?

Old 10-19-2017, 02:18 AM

7,654 posts, read 5,120,088 times
Jobs with negitive mean people working in hostile enviornments for no reason.

Old 10-19-2017, 03:55 AM

A few more that I'm unable to do:

-Beekeeper-I detest wasps and bees so much (since they are pure evil, and get joy from stinging people), and would probably get fired fast from killing these things intentionally for my own amusement/joy.
-Hairstylist
-Bus driver

Old 10-19-2017, 03:58 AM

6,455 posts, read 9,822,257 times
Doctor
Dentist
Mortician
Veterinarian
Nurse
Butcher

I care, I just can't stand the sight of blood unless its mine lol Needles freak me out.

My old dog was recently diagnosed with diabetes and requires 2 shots daily. I get light headed and start sweating, he is fine haha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment