Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 09:22 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,044,723 times

Advertisements

Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklesNShine View Post
I live in Las Vegas. For every girl that's smart and saves her money, there's another hundred snorting their earnings up their nose. Pretty much every stripper I know is the Poster Child for Low Self-Esteem and Daddy Issues, no matter how physically attractive they might be. It's not a lifestyle to aspire to, believe me.
It's not just Las Vegas. It's just not as "hidden" in Las Vegas. There are women (and to a lesser extent, men) having sex for money and then putting it in their nose, or these days, their veins, in every city in this country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
Personally, I don't have any issues with folks (male or female) who want to trade sex for money and no amount of regulation or laws is going to stop it, it ain't called "the world's oldest profession" for nothing. Frankly, if someone wants to make a living boffing for dollars, it's no one else's business to tell them no.
It makes a whole lot of sense to me, honestly. If two consenting adults want to have sex for money, that's not my business. At least in places where there are legal brothels, it's done in the safest way possible. The women are checked by doctors every week and have regular blood tests. It's done in a safe environment with plenty of security, which helps keep both the workers AND the patrons safe from robbery, rape, murder, etc.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-21-2017 at 08:26 AM..

Old 11-20-2017, 09:42 PM

13,305 posts, read 8,550,624 times
I'm trying to wrap my mind around Her reference list when she moves towards a career in the main stream.

I can conjoin up some delightful resume skills for her to state that would be true!

Works well with others? Is always on the move , Can Multi task Goes above and Beyond ...hmmm...

Old 11-20-2017, 09:50 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,704,732 times
I didn't look at the link, but if she wants to capitalize on her situation, go for it. Some people get so good at promoting themselves that they even become the president!

At any rate, for what a prostitute has to put up with - she/he can't get paid enough, in my book.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:25 PM

20,393 posts, read 20,041,298 times
She only has 15K in savings and investments. Not very much considering her income.

Old 11-21-2017, 01:26 AM

521 posts, read 737,964 times
I used to work in the adult industry during college (just girl/girl or single stuff - no guys) and never once felt degraded. It was actually very empowering and kind of funny to know how much money people spend on that stuff. I focused on fetish shoots (furries, feet, crushing etc) so was actually clothed much of the time. There is definitely a shelf life so it's good knowing that while in the business and having plan. I was able to graduate from a UC with no debt and paid for my house. Then went back to school for nursing afterwards and do that now. I actually miss the industry much of the time since everyday was pretty fun and super easy money.

Old 11-21-2017, 02:03 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,169,967 times
“Money that comes easy? Goes easy”.

Yes, she is a rarity but it can be done. I could never have gone “legal”; it would have killed my soul.

Old 11-21-2017, 02:10 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,571,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
She said the house cut is 50%
Exactly...I want to know why “the house” gets 50% when it is she that is doing the “work”. Plus, she has to pay room & board at the brothel, pay for the legally mandated medical tests for STDs/STIs, & the tools of the trade (i.e. condoms, etc.). She does say the latter is tax-deductible, oh, yay!

Does not sound like a non-exploitive way to make a living to me.

Would anybody want that for their daughter?

Last edited by MarciaMarshaMarcia; 11-21-2017 at 02:23 AM..

Old 11-21-2017, 03:44 AM

6,428 posts, read 6,959,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
You aren't serious?

Most strippers don't stop at stripping. That is just the way they 'market' themselves.

They all have daddy issues. And holes in their souls which they are trying to fill with sex one way or another.

I live in Vegas.
I'm serious. Outside of Vegas (!), a lot of strippers do stop at stripping. They are not, on average, the mentally healthiest bunch but it's hard to generalize and some of them are perfectly fine.

Old 11-21-2017, 04:31 AM

370 posts, read 507,962 times
See that man at the gas station that makes you cringe?? Now he is your "john" who you have to do some "business" with....ICK....I rather enjoy a nice hike, a movie with friends, hanging with my cat...sorry, but most of those nasty people that go to hookers are people you run from when you are out...gross

Old 11-21-2017, 04:39 AM

22,145 posts, read 33,780,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post
This diary should be a required reading for anyone young who decides that they don't need health insurance. She is going to pay $16 - 20K for this surgery. That is almost 4-6 years of paying for insurance coverage.

I guess also this diary clearly shows that despite all the claims of feminist mafia, she is not exploited, trafficked or abused while doing this work in providing sexual services.

She’s working in a protected, regulated environment. Unlike the average street sex worker who has a pimp or flies solo on Craiglist.. Regardless she still is being exploited. It’s just legal to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment