Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2018, 09:17 PM

1 posts, read 493 times

Advertisements

I don't know what to do, the last 2 days at my brand new job my register has been short a total of 70 dollars...I literally have only been ringing since yesterday. I have never been short even 10 dollars in my life at any job previous to this one... let alone more. I am suspecting sabotage from possibly my store manager as she is the only one who has had access to my register 2 days in a row. I work tomorrow and I'm scared my register will be short again. Yesterday when I was short she checked the cameras and said maybe I gave the wrong change back. I always make sure to double check change before giving it to any customer so I am positive that did not happen.
If I am right she has keys and access codes to everything so there's not even a way for me to stop her from using my register... Also the last two newer employees she had hired recently before me both got fired for stealing which she told me herself on my first day of training. I would never risk my job to steal, and I cannot afford to lose this job or be terminated for stealing. What do I do????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2018, 07:19 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,296,337 times
One thing you could do, set a routine eveytime you change shift or before off duty to double count and tally cashflow in the presence of your manager or another staff. This should always be done whenever you're handling cash at work.

Old 02-23-2018, 07:26 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Look for another job. She is probably skimming and setting up the employees to cover for her theft. It is common.

Old 02-23-2018, 07:27 AM

29,517 posts, read 22,653,459 times
Consult an employment attorney in your area ASAP

Old 02-23-2018, 08:07 AM

2,575 posts, read 2,077,558 times
Are you counting the drawer before it goes in and after your shift is over? When I was in management, the drawer was counted by me and then I watched them count it to show them the drawer did had X amount. Then, at the end of their shift we counted it down together. Most employees just let me do it as they trusted me, but we started doing this because two managers before me were fired for stealing from employee drawers.

Keep all your bills super organized. Count it multiple times where the camera can get a good vision of you doing so. Ask that only you can ring on your drawer and if someone will be using your drawer, that it be changed out and they get their own drawer.

Do you have a hotline you can call? We had something called TIPS, that was how one of our managers was finally caught. Loss Prevention came in and did a full investigation on her. It's very suspicious that two before you were fired for the same thing. I'm sorry, I'd be looking for something else to be safe. Good luck

Old 02-23-2018, 09:22 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWayJose66 View Post
I don't know what to do, the last 2 days at my brand new job my register has been short a total of 70 dollars...I literally have only been ringing since yesterday. I have never been short even 10 dollars in my life at any job previous to this one... let alone more. I am suspecting sabotage from possibly my store manager as she is the only one who has had access to my register 2 days in a row. I work tomorrow and I'm scared my register will be short again. Yesterday when I was short she checked the cameras and said maybe I gave the wrong change back. I always make sure to double check change before giving it to any customer so I am positive that did not happen.
If I am right she has keys and access codes to everything so there's not even a way for me to stop her from using my register... Also the last two newer employees she had hired recently before me both got fired for stealing which she told me herself on my first day of training. I would never risk my job to steal, and I cannot afford to lose this job or be terminated for stealing. What do I do????
I don't understand, don't you balance your drawer at the end of the shift?

Old 02-27-2018, 05:02 PM

251 posts, read 204,126 times
It's over. Consider yourself unemployed.

I don't know why anyone takes these cashier jobs anymore. They don't last anyways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment