Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2018, 11:32 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,988,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
This sure looks like it to me. Moving footage. The waitress even immediately touches the spot he hit---she said he wacked her pretty hard. And why would the police charge him with assault after reviewing the tape if he didn't make actual physical contact?

https://metro.co.uk/2018/05/25/man-6...hroom-7579139/
It doesnt look too hard in the video, but damn, it was creepy as hell. He had to stretch to reach her, so it clearly wasnt an "accident".

"Locke was charged with forcible touching, a Class A misdemeanor punishable with up to a year in jail or three years’ probation. Upon conviction, the violation does not require a person to register as a sex offender, unless the victim is younger than 18 or it is not the attacker’s first sex-related conviction....."

"Forcible Touching" sounds about right. I hope his wife gives him hell over this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2018, 11:55 AM

3,217 posts, read 2,425,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS90 View Post
Seriously?

I'm not defending the guy, but an old man who slapped a woman's rear end must have done something else wrong?

Right or wrong, when this guy was young, slapping a woman's rear end was probably a fairly acceptable practice. But, according to you, an old guy who is possibly just out-of-touch with current culture must also be a criminal?

Nothing like making a snap judgement about people based on minimal data, right?
65 old? Sheesh. I am only a few years shy of this guy's age and husband is one year shy and it was never acceptable to slap someone you didn't know on the rear end. The only thing that might excuse his behavior is if he has Alzheimer's or other dementia's that alter acceptable behavior. AGAIN 65 isn't old.

Old 05-28-2018, 11:59 AM

2,702 posts, read 2,763,629 times
He's not very smart.

Hope the wife leaves him. I would.

Old 05-28-2018, 12:50 PM

7,990 posts, read 5,381,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS90 View Post
Right or wrong, when this guy was young, slapping a woman's rear end was probably a fairly acceptable practice.
NO--it has never been acceptable.

Old 05-28-2018, 01:10 PM

7,702 posts, read 5,446,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
This sure looks like it to me. Moving footage. The waitress even immediately touches the spot he hit---she said he wacked her pretty hard. And why would the police charge him with assault after reviewing the tape if he didn't make actual physical contact?

https://metro.co.uk/2018/05/25/man-6...hroom-7579139/
Thank you. The video makes all the difference. The still shot that was posted up higher did not make it clear that he made contact with her butt.

Old 05-28-2018, 01:12 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,123,322 times
For all you people saying no it's never been acceptable, I take it you never went to a bar, or a low end breakfast place after a night out, back in the seventies or eighties? Let me assure you that it was hardly unheard of. As a high school/college kid at some of my first jobs, this was SOP for a lot of these places.

Old 05-28-2018, 02:36 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthofHere View Post
65 old? Sheesh. I am only a few years shy of this guy's age and husband is one year shy and it was never acceptable to slap someone you didn't know on the rear end. The only thing that might excuse his behavior is if he has Alzheimer's or other dementia's that alter acceptable behavior. AGAIN 65 isn't old.
65 is not old at all. That's not an age where people are likely to have dementia, either. There are no excuses.

Old 05-28-2018, 02:44 PM

34,002 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
For all you people saying no it's never been acceptable, I take it you never went to a bar, or a low end breakfast place after a night out, back in the seventies or eighties? Let me assure you that it was hardly unheard of. As a high school/college kid at some of my first jobs, this was SOP for a lot of these places.
I saw and welcomed the change in the 90s. A relative worked at a large burger chain which had rogue mgr slap another female employee's butt, as he told her the next task she had to do.

Corp was called, and when he reported for his next shift, he was fired.immediately.for cause.

Old 05-28-2018, 02:57 PM

8,452 posts, read 4,747,353 times
A slap on the butt deserves a slap back on the face, not criminal charges. And no I'm not condoning slapping a stranger's butt, no matter how juicy it looks. I'm just saying the punishment should fit the offense.

Old 05-28-2018, 03:07 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,123,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
A slap on the butt deserves a slap back on the face, not criminal charges. And no I'm not condoning slapping a stranger's butt, no matter how juicy it looks. I'm just saying the punishment should fit the offense.
I'm all for charging this guy, but jail time seems pointless and a waste of taxpayer money. A nice hefty fine, community service, and mandatory classes for some kind of sensitivity awareness or something seems like it would be more fitting. Maybe send him to speak at senior centers or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment