Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 10:01 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,291,470 times

Advertisements

The OP's writing skills are far below average, can't stand kids and, has a crummy "everything sucks except me" attitude is what I got from reading only this thread.

Lifeadviser, fix yourself. Even though you say you already went back the way you came, that place and, every place you go, is gonna "suck" because of your mopey-dopey attitude.

Last edited by RageX; 09-17-2018 at 10:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2018, 10:39 PM

6,981 posts, read 5,486,755 times
I’ve worked at some dirty and nasty jobs including washing clothes from the morgue from the country i lived in thee sheets were covered in blood and other stuff that comes from the human body, I’ve washed clothes from the country jail that had notes on the bags that said crabs. The job i retired from after 30 long years was a 200,000 sq ft warehouse we’re i fell 20 feet to the ground from on top of a pallet rack broke 2 ribs and cracked my right kneecap. So to here that this lazy op can’t find a job just make my blood pressure go crazy, there are jobs out there making any kind of money is better than making no money. The work ethic today stinks everyone wants to start out at the top if not then they rather not work. I always had a job from the age of 15 yrs old and I was 55 when I retired, so with all the jobs I’ve done I’ve worked close to 40 years.

Old 09-17-2018, 11:15 PM

82 posts, read 63,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
The job market is terrific, for those with skills.
I Agree.. college is a must.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Head for Home Depot at 6 am-Day labor.

$10 means not waiting for jobs you like.
Signing up to drive for Lyft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupmom View Post
You are looking for a welding position? I just looked on indeed and there were 15K positions. Welders are one of the highest demand jobs.

Can you give us more information about your skills, education, something so we know more about you?

The military would be a great option as well.
I Was told the military would be a bad choice at my age (28) I Only have a high school diploma. I Think my problems stems from my employment gaps. They are more than six months (Can't get work).

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
Are you a journeyman welder, witch welding can you do? MIG - Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW)
TIG - Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW)
Stick - Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW)
Flux-Cored Arc Welding (FCAW)
Energy Beam Welding (EBW)
Atomic Hydrogen Welding (AHW)
Gas Tungsten-Arc Welding
Plasma Arc Welding.
Specifically STIC Welding and a little arch welding too. But my problem with that is that I Don't have the certificate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamingTX View Post
You “might”???

****ing lazy ass.
You guys are meanie's. But I love it. I Need this kick in the butt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
What do you look like? If you are a slob, stink, wear rumpled clothes, are over 40, are obese, have a bad attitude, etc. experience won't matter. No one will want to work with you everyday.
I'm a minority, But very well groomed and not an sob or idiot. Just very bad luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by applej3 View Post
A friend's unemployed son walked into a family-owned diner, spoke with mgr, offered to clean up after closing to earn some money. They liked him and hired him 15 hrs a week. He's looking for.sonething better/full time but meanwhile it's better than being broke.

OP, apparently that type work is beneath you. Oh, well.
Sounds like something out of a movie. ��

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post
The OP's writing skills are far below average, can't stand kids and, has a crummy "everything sucks except me" attitude is what I got from reading only this thread.

Lifeadviser, fix yourself. Even though you say you already went back the way you came, that place and, every place you go, is gonna "suck" because of your mopey-dopey attitude.
Show me. I have a English test coming up and need to know where I Went wrong ��

Old 09-18-2018, 12:41 AM

I will offer a few suggestion.

Be aware of which words get capitalized in the middle of sentences.

Use commas after the words "and" or, "or".

Apostrophes are used in a possessive context. If you are going to call us "meanie's" it is without the apostrophe, like "meanies". An "s" without an apostrophe in front of it means it is plural.

Example:
"Wang's" means something belongs to a guy named Wang.
"Wangs" means there are several Wangs.

Their, means the following word is something that belongs to them.
They're, is a contraction for "they are", as in "...they're really good at this."
There, is in reference to a location. "Where is the john?" "It's right over there."

Way; the route you use to go to a place.
Weigh; as in "This is heavy, how much does this weigh?"
Whey; a type of protein.

Also, the Military is not bad at age 28. If you're willing to run far and, push hard, you can get ahead. It can change you for the better.

Old 09-18-2018, 12:48 AM

82 posts, read 63,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post
I will offer a.few suggestion.

Be aware of which words get capitalized in the middle of sentences.

Use commas after the words "and" or, "or".

Apostrophes are used in a possessive context. If you are going to call us "meanie's" it is without the apostrophe, like "meanies". An "s" without an apostrophe in front of it means it is plural.

Example:
"Wang's" means something belongs to a guy named Wang.
"Wangs" means there are several Wangs.

Their, means the following word is something that belongs to them.
They're, is a contraction for "they are", as in "...they're really good at this."
There, is in reference to a location. "Where is the john?" "It's right over there."

Way; the route you use to go to a place.
Weigh; as in "This is heavy, how much does this weigh?"
Whey; a type of protein.

Also, the Military is not bad at age 28. If you're willing to run far and, push hard, you can get ahead. It can change you for the better.
Never knew that. The rest I knew for the most part.

Thanks stranger

Old 09-18-2018, 02:04 AM

You're welcome.

I am a hothead but, I do try to offer tips.

Also, you might think saying "Thank you", asking for advice and, actually heeding it are standard things but, that actually puts you ahead of some people nowadays.

You're alright.

Old 09-18-2018, 03:43 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,686,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeadviser View Post
Guys, I Cant get a job for nothing in the world.I've had interviews but each time they say the're going to call me back, they never do. What gives? There is no reason to go on in life if you are poor. Its times like these to were I wish I was a female so I can make adult vids.
I can't possibly be the first to wonder about your username...

Old 09-18-2018, 09:58 AM

2,359 posts, read 1,041,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnojr View Post

I can't possibly be the first to wonder about your username...

No, not in the least.

I was once talking to an acquaintance some years ago, and it came up in the conversation that she was entering a mentorship program.

Considering that this person has always been a bit scatterbrained, with few discernible skills and developmentally stunted from a professional standpoint, not to mention financially illiterate (although she's gotten better about that in the past few years), I found myself silently asking the question, "This mentorship program...are you enrolling as a mentor, or a mentee...because at this point, if you are to be the mentor, I would have to have considerable sympathy for your protege'."

Old 09-18-2018, 12:07 PM

2 posts, read 758 times
I once felt that way myself. I thought I'd hit the lowest of the lows. But that didn't mean I could've stopped. Searching for Jobs on Indeed.com help a lot. Even though I had to apply to over 25 jobs a day and went to so many interviews there was one that stuck and thankfully it did because I'm now doing something I enjoy. Definitely think if you haven't to try the website out and see where it takes you. I believe something would stick for you too.

Old 09-18-2018, 07:39 PM

33,052 posts, read 36,700,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeadviser View Post
I Agree.. college is a must.

Show me. I have a English test coming up and need to know where I Went wrong ��
College isn't a must. My son didn't finish, but he can fix just about anything, and I mean anything. He's fixed my cars, computers, and major appliances. He and a friend taught themselves how to weld.

You have an English test coming up. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment