Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2019, 08:37 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,752,695 times

Advertisements

It could just be me... but what?!

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1...Channel=jymbii
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2019, 08:42 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Yikes

It just makes "Suzy" sound like a kook who is impossible to work with.

I don't think she understands what a really bad look this is:

" I produce a tremendous amount of work and leave a wake behind me. I appear chaotic as there are many things going on at once. I'm good at "dumping" lots of tasks and I have a "hands off" approach to management. In fact, I’m a terrible manager – but I’m very specific about what I want and am completely results-focused."

I also can't believe that the CEO of a company that makes a product to mask the smell of poop would say this:

"I have hypersensitive senses (hearing, smell and touch). Specifically, I’m super-sensitive to certain smells. If we work together, you can’t wear cologne, perfumes or stinky stuff because it will make my eyes, nose and throat burn."

Old 11-22-2019, 08:54 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,384,540 times
Quote:
Ha.

Well I'm in NYC and they want someone in Dallas. What a shame!

Old 11-22-2019, 08:59 AM

3,024 posts, read 2,241,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
I also can't believe that the CEO of a company that makes a product to mask the smell of poop would say this:

"I have hypersensitive senses (hearing, smell and touch). Specifically, I’m super-sensitive to certain smells. If we work together, you can’t wear cologne, perfumes or stinky stuff because it will make my eyes, nose and throat burn."
Honestly? It makes perfect sense.

Hey, it's a very detailed description. Better than those that are so vague you have no idea what they actually want.

Old 11-22-2019, 09:06 AM

1,185 posts, read 751,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gus2 View Post
Honestly? It makes perfect sense.

Hey, it's a very detailed description. Better than those that are so vague you have no idea what they actually want.
Yeah - that was the theme I took from it too. Add in the fact that it's gone semi-viral, and I'm sure Suzy will have a ton of candidates to sort through, each of whom will have a very clear idea of what the job will entail.

Old 11-22-2019, 09:52 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,752,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chingaso View Post
Yeah - that was the theme I took from it too. Add in the fact that it's gone semi-viral, and I'm sure Suzy will have a ton of candidates to sort through, each of whom will have a very clear idea of what the job will entail.
Definitely a theme, but IMO it is cute which is what I think they were going for. Suzy sounds horrible to work for, and not a fun position. They could have done this is a much better way.

Old 11-22-2019, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Definitely a theme, but IMO it is cute which is what I think they were going for. Suzy sounds horrible to work for, and not a fun position. They could have done this is a much better way.
But wouldn't that set an unrealistic expectation for the new hire? I'd rather they make it sound worse than it is, albeit somewhat tongue in cheek, and have some humor about it.

Old 11-22-2019, 11:03 AM

8,340 posts, read 6,790,598 times
Quote:
It could just be me... but what?!
I'd be real curious if anyone even bothers to apply and I hope if they do, it's just to eff with Suzy and make her angry...

Old 11-22-2019, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
I'd be real curious if anyone even bothers to apply and I hope if they do, it's just to eff with Suzy and make her angry...
There's over 200 applicants.

Old 11-22-2019, 11:19 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,681,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
My LinkedIn told me it has over 200 applicants.

To be fair, a chief of staff position is usually not fun... Suzy sound intense, but according to Forbes her net worth is $240 million, so I guess she has enough money not to be low key?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment