Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2008, 11:55 AM

24,767 posts, read 28,507,453 times

Advertisements

What State or Federal Agencies investigate Unions,or will take complaints on inappropriate management of the Union........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2008, 02:59 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,752,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman313 View Post
What State or Federal Agencies investigate Unions,or will take complaints on inappropriate management of the Union........
The US Dept of Labour. If there is criminal activity, the FBI or US Attorney. But you have to have more than just bad management. Bad management is what union elections are for. But if they are stealing money or issuing threats to people, that is criminal activity.

Old 09-17-2008, 04:42 AM

1,076 posts, read 3,552,147 times
If your union you have no other recourse but to deal with the union on all issues, other outside agencies just as soon as you mention union the conversation will be over, your hands are tied.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:49 AM

Angry Union

Quote:
Originally Posted by joee View Post
If your union you have no other recourse but to deal with the union on all issues, other outside agencies just as soon as you mention union the conversation will be over, your hands are tied.
It's a real same you pay Union dues,but have no representation except smoke and mirrors.......... !!!!!!!

Old 09-17-2008, 01:58 PM

763 posts, read 2,260,026 times
I can tell you how to opt out of the union and make sure they never get a penny of your money, and still keep your job, if you're interested.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:47 PM

Default Opt Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgison View Post
I can tell you how to opt out of the union and make sure they never get a penny of your money, and still keep your job, if you're interested.
The way are Union is set up is you have to apply 4 weeks ( 1 pay period ) prior your anniversary date. And wait........ "BUT" !!! Per one sentence in are contract,Quote: If a lay off or termination of contract occurs "YOUR" seniority will be counted "ONLY" if you are a member in good standing in this" Blank#000 Union" ..... Which means your severance package,and right of senority to keep your position as the last person standing will be counted.
And we are at that fork in the road, no knows which way this contract will end.......
It was a hand shake and a wink & nod between Union & Corporate. And the employees pay the ultimate......

Old 09-18-2008, 09:22 PM

763 posts, read 2,260,026 times
That's illegal, if I'm understanding you correctly. It's a violation of your freedom of religion.

You can opt out of the union on Biblical grounds, and you can require them to send your money to a charity (you still have to pay, but the union doesn't get the money), but they are required to treat you as a union member.

If you live in a right-to-work state, you cannot be discriminated for not being a member of the union, except by the union. The employer cannot.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:49 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
Look, I'm a union member too. And the leadership of my local isn't what you would call good. Or admirable. Or even competent. But when I look at what my situation would be without a union, versus what it is because of the union, there's no way I could NOT support it. I just have to vote for a different slate in the next election. That doesn't have any effect on the necessity for unionism.

Old 09-20-2008, 05:15 PM

Like I said...... leading the sheep to slaughter. If your not a " Team"!!! member then with smoke and mirrors the Union gets away with it. And just yesterday I find out that we as a new employees the 18+ years does not count for me as the other company. Seeing theirs no Seniority,it's all based on being a " Team Member" and how well you can grease the palms of the elite. We all are having to go to a "Mandatory All Hands Team Member"meeting and it will be 3-5hr lngr orientation, showing the proper position to grab your ankles" and gee we will not be paid for this little excursion down memory lane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment