Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 09:31 PM

186 posts, read 410,338 times

Advertisements

I was so upset i literally walked up to his office and the door was closed so i kicked it open and it fell off the hinges onto the floor. the look on his face was preshish. i said in loud angry voice "I QUIT" and i left

my friend at work called me and said i have an arrest warrent out for me that the cops showed up to my old work and are looking to press charges on me. ive been at the local pub all day drinking my misery away and im staying at my mothers house until things settle down

the thing is i was put on notice i was getting laid off after 8 years of slave labor i couldnt take it. not to mention he said if i dont buy him coffee everyday and a donut he could find someone to replace me

any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2009, 09:40 PM

2,957 posts, read 12,741,690 times
An arrest warrant? For what?

The door was unstable and fell off the hinges when you opened it. Is there proof otherwise?

How does your friend at work know about this alleged arrest warrant? Did he/she read it? I think not.

Just relax at the pub for now. It will blow over and you'll be looking for another job suffering mostly from a bad reference from your previous employer.

Old 02-17-2009, 09:43 PM

1,193 posts, read 3,997,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lone traveler View Post
any suggestions?
Don't post on a very popular internet forum with a registered handle?

Old 02-17-2009, 09:45 PM

186 posts, read 410,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azoria View Post
An arrest warrant? For what?

The door was unstable and fell off the hinges when you opened it. Is there proof otherwise?

How does your friend at work know about this alleged arrest warrant? Did he/she read it? I think not.

Just relax at the pub for now. It will blow over and you'll be looking for another job suffering mostly from a bad reference from your previous employer.
the cops came looking to arrest me for vandalism and threating to endanger and wreckless engargentment. the cops talked to everyone i worked with so thats how he knew

i might have 2 witness the secratary and the diryt ass janitor

Old 02-17-2009, 10:18 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,261,318 times
Good for you! You dont know how many times I have went through my mind of doing something like that! I do know of someone at work that when they quit that they threw a chair across the room in the managers offices.

All they can do is make you pay for the door damages I would think. Its not like you hurt the man. If he is forcing you to buy him refreshments, sounds like he deserves to be kicked.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:28 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,180,743 times
so sorry but honestly your post cracked me up.
Call the local police and sheriff and ask if there is a warrant. If so ask what should you do.

Quote:
I was so upset i literally walked up to his office and the door was closed so i kicked it open and it fell off the hinges onto the floor. the look on his face was preshish. i said in loud angry voice "I QUIT" and i left

my friend at work called me and said i have an arrest warrent out for me that the cops showed up to my old work and are looking to press charges on me. ive been at the local pub all day drinking my misery away and im staying at my mothers house until things settle down

the thing is i was put on notice i was getting laid off after 8 years of slave labor i couldnt take it. not to mention he said if i dont buy him coffee everyday and a donut he could find someone to replace me

any suggestions?

Old 02-18-2009, 05:24 AM

5,725 posts, read 11,732,753 times
Sounds like getting arrested is right up your alley - addicted to being arrested

Pure fiction, folks.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:37 AM

764 posts, read 2,552,287 times
Take 2 Prozac and call a mental health provider in the morning. You kicked a door down? How old are you, 12?!?

Old 02-18-2009, 09:04 AM

1,667 posts, read 9,390,781 times
Sorry, I call "B.S."

Old 02-18-2009, 11:27 AM

347 posts, read 1,359,008 times
Quote:
I was so upset i literally walked up to his office and the door was closed so i kicked it open and it fell off the hinges onto the floor.
"Literally walked up" and kicked the door?
I call BS too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment