Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2009, 02:31 PM

1,310 posts, read 3,052,303 times

Advertisements

While we hear alot of women in the workplace being sexually harrased, im wondering if any Men here have encountered it by women ? Im speaking the entire gammit of what Corporations consider sexual harrasement . If so and you reported it, were they willing to entertain your report ? Perhaps with women now becoming more brazen in our sexually charged society, they might (?) . Lastly , if a woman in the workplace is doing something sexually suggestive toward you only in a work cubicle so no one else can witness , would that be constituted as sexual harrasement ? Thank you.

Last edited by RVlover; 08-27-2009 at 02:33 PM.. Reason: added
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 01:59 AM

7,372 posts, read 16,015,581 times
Life is tough for the three-legged man these days.
What does a three-legged man have for breakfast?, you ask.
Well, this morning I had a bagel with cream cheese and a cup of coffee.

Old 08-28-2009, 04:04 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVlover View Post
any Men here have encountered it by women ?
willing to entertain
women now becoming more brazen
doing something sexually suggestive toward you

Bring it on.

Old 08-28-2009, 06:53 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
Lastly , if a woman in the workplace is doing something sexually suggestive toward you only in a work cubicle so no one else can witness , would that be constituted as sexual harrasement ? Thank you.
Is this happening to you? And on a regular basis? Is this verbal or physical abuse? If it's verbal, set up a microphone and record her. If it's more, why not set up a small web camera to record her behaviour to you? Record several of her advances. Also keep a detailed journal of everything you consider sexual harassment by her. Then take copies of the recordings and journal to human resources.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Is this happening to you? And on a regular basis? Is this verbal or physical abuse? If it's verbal, set up a microphone and record her. If it's more, why not set up a small web camera to record her behaviour to you? Record several of her advances. Also keep a detailed journal of everything you consider sexual harassment by her. Then take copies of the recordings and journal to human resources.
Very good ideas. Its not happening to me now, but it did.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:27 AM

751 posts, read 2,481,145 times
If you perceive someones actions as harrassment than it is harrassment. But I've been told that you must tell the person that you think it is harrassment and that you want the behavior stopped. If you do not explicitly tell the person, than the person can easily say they had no idea it bothered you.

And it is always wise to record the behaviors you are saying are harrassment and then you telling them to stop.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:30 AM

13,811 posts, read 27,450,705 times
Quote:
Im speaking the entire gammit of what Corporations consider sexual harrasement .
These days, sneezing in your general direction is considered sexual harassment.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:57 AM

754 posts, read 1,922,775 times
At a large Fortune 500 company I worked for, the people routinely fired for sexual harrassment were women. In these cases, women seemed to not see their actions as sexual harrassment and therefore did not hide it as well. For example, they wrote notes (proof) sent e-mails (more proof) and were over all more cummicative about their desires.

Plenty of men in the company were letches, but they knew they were breaking the law and therefore made sure there were no witnesses and no proof. I only know of one that was fired and it took a over five different females turning him in before the company beleived there was a problem.

Old 08-28-2009, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984vt View Post
At a large Fortune 500 company I worked for, the people routinely fired for sexual harrassment were women. In these cases, women seemed to not see their actions as sexual harrassment and therefore did not hide it as well. For example, they wrote notes (proof) sent e-mails (more proof) and were over all more cummicative about their desires.

Plenty of men in the company were letches, but they knew they were breaking the law and therefore made sure there were no witnesses and no proof. I only know of one that was fired and it took a over five different females turning him in before the company beleived there was a problem.
The incident that happened to me was also at a Fortune 500 Company . The woman who did the one time sexual harrasement thing to me while i was sitting in my cubical , ended up having an affair with my Supervisor -- both of them were married ; in fact, she was already 3-4 months pregnant by her husband ! That place was a real zoo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment