Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 09:09 PM

475 posts, read 1,643,851 times

Advertisements

I fired an 60 day employee today. He didn't want to complete a job assignment because he "was cold and wet". Working outside is his job!!

I think he wanted to get fired as a excuss to his wife. He was on unemployement before and didn't want to work anyway.

Don't these people know that others are waiting in line for their job? I don't get it, employess telling the boss what they will and will not do.

The same day I had an ex-employee call and want his job back after three months working for my competition and an ex employee from 8 years ago was back in town looking for work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2009, 10:05 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,936,355 times
This is something you shouldn't think about too much. It's a non-issue.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:06 PM

3 posts, read 56,238 times
Just fire them all DICK that way you can do all the work cold and wet yourself! Oh yea merry Christmas DICK !!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-04-2009, 10:17 PM

643 posts, read 1,393,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmo View Post
Just fire them all DICK that way you can do all the work cold and wet yourself! Oh yea merry Christmas DICK !!!!!!!!!!
Wow? You'll never understand the OPs position. Making those types of authoritive decisions is hard and its mind boggling how people seem to go out of there way to be fired. But you'll never have to worry about being in this position at your burger flippin grunt job I'm sure, which is why you can't understand. I'm just a field supervisor but I used to be a labor superintendent. Been there, done that, hate firing people

Old 12-04-2009, 11:25 PM

4,796 posts, read 22,901,626 times
Quote:
Wow? You'll never understand the OPs position. Making those types of authoritive decisions is hard and its mind boggling how people seem to go out of there way to be fired. But you'll never have to worry about being in this position at your burger flippin grunt job I'm sure, which is why you can't understand. I'm just a field supervisor but I used to be a labor superintendent. Been there, done that, hate firing people
Nice sentiment, but OP's forum activity and commentary speaks for itself.

Old 12-05-2009, 05:34 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,068,194 times
Sounds like the OP likes firing people. Well, be glad there is plenty of fodder for your factory, boss...

Old 12-05-2009, 06:14 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,930,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmo View Post
Don't be to hard on him, this Dick is just being himself in a pricky situation.

Well, Dick, I don't think much of you.

I've owned parts of two small companies in my life and during that time I had to fire three people. Three over a 20 year span of time.

I got to tell you it was the hardest single thing I've ever been forced to do. I tried avoiding it, I talked, I pleaded, I begged, I warned just so I wouldn't have to fire but things didn't change. I was finally forced to.

It was horrible, much harder on me than him. While he certainly had it coming there was no pleasure in it for me. I would so much rather call someone in to tell him I appreciate the great job he does for me and give him a raise.

So, Dick, what's your value in this world as a human being?

Old 12-05-2009, 06:26 AM

3,085 posts, read 7,247,217 times
dick1973 what kind of job was this? he had to stand outside and hand out fliers or something?

Old 12-05-2009, 07:08 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,894,135 times
Dick - you live up to your name. Did you even find out if he was sick that's why he wanted to come in? Merry Christmas to you too.

Old 12-05-2009, 09:30 AM

1,278 posts, read 2,311,754 times
From all of the OP's posts, it's rather obvious that he is not an educated person (all the grammatical errors, spelling errors, etc., it's as if he has a fifth grade education). I have relatives like this, and they're always talking like their s**t don't stink, how they're God's gift to mankind. For people like this, IGNORANCE IS SURELY BLISS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment