Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 04:12 AM

4,432 posts, read 6,984,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie20 View Post
I think in Jill's case it was the fact that she was kind of like the girl next door. I think that picture of her with her lovely smile captured everyone's heart. The crime as well was a stranger murder which I think people find more scary because of the randomness of it. It could happen to anyone and people could relate to her. Also the fact that they had that CTV footage. That was really haunting footage. Watching that you just wish you could somehow stop it happening. It also went international because Jill was Irish and it was widely reported in British and Irish media.
Your right about that. She was the sweet and good natured look about her. I have an Irish friend in Ireland did mention about her even though I did not tell him about it so it must have been much known over there.

With the sweet and good natured look it reminds me of the case of the nurse Anita Cobby and there was a massive community outrage after her murder in the 1980s. Due to the outrage these murderers will never to be ever released as there were new laws were introduced after Antia Cobby death where very violent criminals will never be released.

Last edited by other99; 10-12-2013 at 04:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2013, 08:36 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirleyeve View Post
Why can't we like both countries, for different reasons, like me? Let's stop comparing them all, because it's just ridiculous.
there are many posts in the US forum that echo this sentiment but those posts were better than this one

Old 10-12-2013, 08:56 AM

3,678 posts, read 7,216,052 times
So let me just sum up all my thoughts here, Australia wins in quality of life but America or the USA wins in country! Both have good qualities of life though and both have a lot of countries depending on them.

Old 10-12-2013, 02:31 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,114,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
Interesting. The high AUD is putting pressure on many industries
But mostly that article made me chuckle
Pre election piece
Another one Aussies the world's richest people: Credit Suisse | smh.com.au
Neither of those articles seem accurate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World