Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where would you rather live and/or visit?
Georgia for both 10 41.67%
S. Korea for both 5 20.83%
Georgia for living, S. Korea for visiting 6 25.00%
S. Korea for living, Georgia for visiting 3 12.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2021, 07:15 AM

6,540 posts, read 12,037,130 times

Advertisements

Between Georgia and South Korea, where would you rather live in or visit, or both? Which do you prefer for the following:

- Climate
- Scenery/nature
- Cities
- Culture
- Food
- Cost of living
- Safety
- Economy
- Future
- Anything else you'd like to add
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2021, 10:22 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,016,828 times
Korea for everything. I don't know much about Georgia other than CNN and MLK, on that note I also hate CNN.

Old 05-22-2021, 06:55 PM

153 posts, read 110,211 times
Korea seems to be better for most of those options, except maybe climate and culture which is subjective. However, the intense work culture sounds pretty oppressive, and for something that takes up usually 5 days of the 7 days of the week, I'd say this factor alone can trump most if not all positives of Korea for me. I'd take Georgia.

Old 05-23-2021, 06:28 PM

23,518 posts, read 23,995,040 times
Interesting comparison. The NW suburbs (Vinings, Marietta, etc) in Georgia are some of my favorite places in the country. I traveled there a lot in the ‘90’s for work and have a lot of great memories and some friends still there.

I’ve visited South Korea several times for business. I would like to go one day as a tourist to visit parts I never had a chance to see.

Old 05-23-2021, 08:32 PM

394 posts, read 597,855 times
Couldn't live in a country where beating dogs to tenderize them for dinner is socially acceptable.

Old 05-24-2021, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssiguy View Post
Couldn't live in a country where beating dogs to tenderize them for dinner is socially acceptable.

The vast majority of the country doesn't do it, personally I couldn't live in western europe or america where they have "euthanasia" for animals. How the hell can you "euthanize" an animal unless you're doctor Doulitle and you speak its language? Can an animal tell you it wants to commit a suicide? What's worse millions of dogs are killed in America not because they have rabies but because they're feral, literally street dogs not to mention they use gas chambers to kill them.

Old 05-24-2021, 11:35 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,396,033 times
Georgia hands down for both.

Old 05-24-2021, 04:44 PM

394 posts, read 597,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
The vast majority of the country doesn't do it, personally I couldn't live in western europe or america where they have "euthanasia" for animals. How the hell can you "euthanize" an animal unless you're doctor Doulitle and you speak its language? Can an animal tell you it wants to commit a suicide? What's worse millions of dogs are killed in America not because they have rabies but because they're feral, literally street dogs not to mention they use gas chambers to kill them.
Except in the West, when we euthanize animals we don't beat them to death to do it.

Old 05-24-2021, 05:28 PM

2,333 posts, read 2,279,227 times
I’d go with Georgia for both.

I’m actually not a huge fan of either. The north side of Atlanta is pretty nice, but otherwise the city isn’t particular special. I kind of felt the same way about Seoul. It’s huge and not a bad city, but it felt like a less significant version of Tokyo. Again, it wasn’t bad by any means but I was just a little underwhelmed. I’d choose to live in Buckhead personally. I didn’t see Gangnam, but I think I might enjoy living there too.

For tourism, I’d marginally lean towards Georgia. The think Seoul is much better than Atlanta for tourists, but I like Savannah and the Golden Isles too. Busan looks nice (never been), but at the end of the day one of the things I don’t like about SK is it’s pretty cold so I’d lean towards Georgia since it’s milder.

Old 05-25-2021, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssiguy View Post
Except in the West, when we euthanize animals we don't beat them to death to do it.

Surely you don't think carbon monoxide gives instant death and the animal also tells you "ok, kill me now"?? Following your logic gasing the jews was a humane euthanasia I guess...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World