Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who do you think should have control over FI?
God Save The Queen - England 66 83.54%
Don't Cry For Me - Argentina 13 16.46%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 05:42 PM

868 posts, read 1,122,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlaver View Post
No, in fact, i don't support this government.
"Saxons, Angles, get out of the british islands, invaders" No, stop with biased arguments and fallacy of distracting
You clearly miss the point.

Perhaps someone else will care enough to explain why. Me? I've had a long day and don't feel like leading the proverbial horse to water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 06:05 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,368,329 times
I think this question should be settled by the people of the island. There is a referendum that will happen in March and will be widely overseen by international observers. And since Cameron has promised to heed the opinion of the people, it sounds like if they vote to belong to Argentina, or independence, so be it.

Personally I find Argentina's opinions to be baseless. Based on their logic the entire Holy Land should belong to the Israelites because they were there way before Christianity or Islam (or, depending which epoch you want to focus on, the entire modern day Israel should be Palestine). C'mon ... how far back are you going to reach with these ridiculous claims?

Old 01-04-2013, 06:14 PM

46,978 posts, read 26,041,916 times
Quote:
You return to the same thing again and again.
Twice, actually.

Quote:
Did I used as an argue any of the violations on the part of the British Empire to other multiple territories that it has occupied during his history?
Actually, I don't recall you arguing beyond "really, really want!", but feel free put forth an argument. Why should the Falklands be considered Argentine?

Quote:
However, there is a "little" difference between both cases: Nowadays there are no pure survivors of the Selkam people.
Genocide as justification, now I have seen it all.

Quote:
On the other hand, there are some millions (approximately 40 ) of Argentinians living 300 miles ahead of the Falklands.
So? There are 3,000 people living zero miles from the Falklands, and as long as they have no desire to get under Argentine rule, well, too bad.

The Canaries don't belong to Morocco, nor does Bornholm belong to Sweden, nor Svalbard to Russia.

Old 01-04-2013, 06:59 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,509,919 times
Quote:
You return to the same thing again and again.
Did I used as an argue any of the violations on the part of the British Empire to other multiple territories that it has occupied during his history? No, sir. Then, discuss with solid arguments, no with sophism and retorics spins.
However, there is a "little" difference between both cases: Nowadays there are no pure survivors of the Selkam people. On the other hand, there are some millions (approximately 40 ) of Argentinians living 300 miles ahead of the Falklands.
NONE of whom have any historical connection to the Malvinas as opposed to:

UN calls on Argentina to stop eviction of indigenous peoples from their lands — MercoPress

Old 01-04-2013, 07:04 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,509,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Twice, actually.

Actually, I don't recall you arguing beyond "really, really want!", but feel free put forth an argument. Why should the Falklands be considered Argentine?

So? There are 3,000 people living zero miles from the Falklands, and as long as they have no desire to get under Argentine rule, well, too bad.

The Canaries don't belong to Morocco, nor does Bornholm belong to Sweden, nor Svalbard to Russia.
Naaah they're just getting warmed up down there. What can we expect from the place that provided sanctuary for escaping Nazi war criminals.

Old 01-04-2013, 07:23 PM

839 posts, read 3,078,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Naaah they're just getting warmed up down there. What can we expect from the place that provided sanctuary for escaping Nazi war criminals.
Argentina was also a refuge for millions who escaped from the Nazis and who found here the freedom and well-being that they didn't have back in the old world.

Old 01-04-2013, 07:38 PM

868 posts, read 1,122,839 times
Quote:
Let's avoid the country bashing though. Apart from the Falklands issue, I have no problem with Argentinians. Some of them have graced our Premier League with some amazing football and they sure know how to make amazing steak.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:49 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,299,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
What's your problem?

Stop hijacking threads with this nonsense. Why don't you start another thread regarding Northern Ireland, which is proudly part of the United Kingdom whether you like it or not.

On another note, is your CAPS lock permanently disabled?

another poster piously gave an example of argentinian torture - crimes against its own people , just pointing out the hypocrosy of a brit doing so

i havent said that i think the falklands - los malvinas should be given back to argentina

Old 01-05-2013, 06:23 AM

2,950 posts, read 2,922,101 times
Quote:
When there are no arguments, then begin the prejudices...

Old 01-05-2013, 06:36 AM

2,950 posts, read 2,922,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Are you joking me? How in the world can i jutificate a genocide?? The reason what i wrote these word was that if there aren't desendants of Selkam people, then its absurd to raise the posibility of a territorial recognition. You understand the point?
It neither justifies nor hide the terrible of this genocide especially like from any other one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World