Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2013, 04:53 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,302,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Please am I really going to sit here and watch some American Professor for one hour talk about why Europeans bash Americans... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I did look at the first minute and see it was made in 2003 when the U.S was going to war with Iraq....

If you want to live in your paranoid bubble that the world is disproportionately more apt to bash the victim of the world poor United States than so be it. Everyone else, including most of your own countrymen will just go on living and enjoying their life.

As I mentioned, there is a REAL threat to the U.S from certain fundamentalist nations - everything else is a don't sweat the small stuff honey situation
But he posted it 4 times in this thread.
I guess he's trying to bore us to death.

Old 03-22-2013, 04:56 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,898,292 times
I'm sorry since when does drknoble = The truth

Like with everyone else in here - it is your opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drknoble View Post
Is anything I said incorrect? If so, please let me know.

The truth isn't diplomatic.

Old 03-22-2013, 05:13 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,853,356 times
Quote:
Is anything I said incorrect? If so, please let me know.

The truth isn't diplomatic.
Yep it's incorrect, just letting you know

Old 03-22-2013, 05:19 PM

557 posts, read 673,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
I think the fact that their country is just so irrelevant to most people most of the time hurts them more than thinking the whole world passionately hates them, that's why they cling to this idea. The vast - and I mean vast - majority of people just don't care enough to be anti-American. Sure, if you asked them their opinion of the US they might come up with some negative stereotypes (ignorant, fat, arrogant) but the same is true for many countries around the world. If you asked them about France, Germany, Britain, China, Russia etc. they might have negative stereotypes as well but that doesn't mean they 'hate' those countries or even care about them. People consume American pop culture (music, movies, tv shows) without paying much attention to the fact that it's American. It's just entertainment. The people who have a special interest in the US - either positive or negative - are a tiny minority. They might be vocal, and negative opinions are often more outspoken than positive ones, but that doesn't mean they're in any way dominant.

I notice that it's Americans who keep opening these threads but I wonder if you can name me ONE European or Canadian poster on this forum who is explicitly anti-American? Because I don't know of any.
That doesn't make any sense because in comparison with other countries, the US is the most relevant around the world.

If America is so irrelevant, then why do so many people around the world watch American movies, American TV, listen to American music, and follow American politics? Why do so many use American restaurants, American business, American internet sites and tech? Why are you on an American forum, in an American thread discussing America, if the US so irrelevant? Where was the last thread that focused on your country?

If the US is so irrelevant, why is there so much world attention paid to the United States and little to none paid to The Netherlands?

Actually it's the other way around, most Americans are indifferent to whether other countries think about them. Most Americans are surprised to learn that so many countries talk about and discuss the US.

Old 03-22-2013, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
This is actually funny.
The US never admits that it is wrong about anything.
Facts are only funny for the ignorant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Nope.
Sorry, but they do.
Those people all have families who love them. You know, like those 100,000+ dead Iraqis.
Or don’t they count because they’re not from the US?
You have yet to provide sources to backup your claims of 1 million+ innocent killed.

Old 03-22-2013, 05:25 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,853,356 times
"If the US is so irrelevant, why is there so much world attention paid to the United States and little to none paid to The Netherlands?"

Hmmmmmm, let me think! Population? prominence? might? nukes? in a war? Take your pick.

Old 03-22-2013, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Nonsense the european beat everyobe else to it and they only stopped making wears when the pretty much destroyed the entire world twice and their own econmies to boot.it does take much history to know the history of european colonialism. it only stopped when they could amintainit in the late 50's.
It's common sense really, but apparently anti-Americanism induces amnesia.

Old 03-22-2013, 05:31 PM

13,650 posts, read 10,045,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumNCoke View Post
I never have taken notice to this until now. You will find people from the U.K/Canada/Aus bashing Americans in their comedies and everyone is getting the laugh out of it and yet....Americans DO NOT BASH them in any way shape or form. I actually got this link from someone else on these forums. Their is more material out there.

Dylan Moran on Americans - YouTube

America seems to have an endless amount of comedies and not one of them says anything remotely disrespectful about them at all. In fact they never even mention them in there routines. And its just not comedy--I have taken notice to some people having bits at where they go out on the streets and ask random Americans random questions and edit in the "best" (best as in dumbest) answers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhTZ_tgMUdo

Why is that ok ? Americans have never done anything remotely like this. My thing is. If everyone in the 'Anglo-Sphere' are supposed to be 'so close' and have SO much in common (You know all of that FAKE bull crap about being friend) why is this meet with laughs. Is it because others would like to believe that their country is just SO much more sophisticated/educated/fit. If you truly believe that everyone around you is just that much more smarter then why broadcast it on your TV. Wouldn't it simply speak for it self ?
For some odd reason, people need someone to bash, so people will bash, who they are allowed to bash.

As far as comedy is concerned, there is not much that is allowed anymore, at least, not in the UK.

Old 03-22-2013, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Please am I really going to sit here and watch some American Professor for one hour talk about why Europeans bash Americans... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I did look at the first minute and see it was made in 2003 when the U.S was at war war with Iraq....

If you want to live in your paranoid bubble that the world is disproportionately more apt to bash the victim of the world poor United States than so be it. Everyone else, including most of your own countrymen will just go on living and enjoying their life and not be preoccupied by nonsense. It is like gossip and rumours.

As I mentioned, there is a REAL threat to the U.S from certain fundamentalist nations - everything else is a don't sweat the small stuff honey situation
Everyone has their choices. You can either watch the video or remain ignorant. I expect the latter.

Old 03-22-2013, 05:34 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,898,292 times
Using your logic... think of this Dr... if the U.S was so reviled than why is it that many nations actually support American enterprise......?

As for City Data - just because it is American doesn't mean it represents Americana - there is a 'world' section. People are on this forum for a mutual interest in cities I would imagine - the fact it is American is secondary to that motivation. It would be like saying I'm going to buy an I-phone because I love America and not a Samsung because I hate South Korea.. kinda silly no?

Quote:

If America is so irrelevant, then why do so many people around the world watch American movies, American TV, listen to American music, and follow American politics? Why do so many use American restaurants, American business, American internet sites and tech? Why are you on an American forum, in an American thread discussing America, if the US so irrelevant? Where was the last thread that focused on your country?

If the US is so irrelevant, why is there so much world attention paid to the United States and little to none paid to The Netherlands?

Last edited by fusion2; 03-22-2013 at 05:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World