Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2014, 04:46 AM

1,608 posts, read 1,485,587 times

Advertisements

Well, I've been blonde all my life and have been asked to model for Redken and others over the years. I said no, as I'm in the limelight enough, but not for my hair or my body - I hope! I'd like to believe that the people on this forum run a little deeper than falling in love with a hair color.

The most beautiful head of hair that I've ever seen belongs to one of my daughters. She wears it looooong (I guess we all do in our family), and it looks like a river of fire. It's gorgeous!

FWIW - Mahrie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2016, 11:58 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,435,317 times
Anglo-Saxons were a tall, blonde and usually blue-eyed people from Scandinavia. When they invaded the British Isles, they still upheld their standards of beauty. The blonde Saxon woman was favored over the more brown-haired , pale-skinned Celt.

Old 01-03-2016, 05:48 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,029,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Anglo-Saxons were a tall, blonde and usually blue-eyed people from Scandinavia. When they invaded the British Isles, they still upheld their standards of beauty. The blonde Saxon woman was favored over the more brown-haired , pale-skinned Celt.
Nonsense from you as usual Saxonwold.

Old 01-03-2016, 09:48 AM

27,575 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahrie View Post
I'd like to believe that the people on this forum run a little deeper than falling in love with a hair color.
Well, you do have beautiful hair though. lol.

Old 01-03-2016, 10:40 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,107,978 times
Celts do tan as well, a lot of the early British tribes would have had a mixture of darker haired/ skinned, dark haired/ pale skinned and red/tawny/fair haired that did/didn't tan.

Old 01-03-2016, 10:51 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,022,912 times
I am not, brunettes who can tan, but are still white and have light eyes are the best choice for me. I guess the look that you can find around the Mediterranean. And I don't think it's just me, I'm from a small non-"anglo" country (as the OP puts it) but here blonds aren't that popular. I'd say it's usually them thirsty Arabs who obsess over blond women or guys from Northern Europe as the OP says.

Old 01-03-2016, 12:12 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
I am not, brunettes who can tan, but are still white and have light eyes are the best choice for me. I guess the look that you can find around the Mediterranean. And I don't think it's just me, I'm from a small non-"anglo" country (as the OP puts it) but here blonds aren't that popular. I'd say it's usually them thirsty Arabs who obsess over blond women or guys from Northern Europe as the OP says.
Blond-haired men get stampeded in Latin America. Blonde women are very popular in Romania, and pretty rare. I've never noticed Middle-Eastern men showing much interest in blondes, and I used to live in a neighborhood with quite a few immigres from there. They're more interested in women from their own culture.

Old 01-03-2016, 01:08 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,022,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I've never noticed Middle-Eastern men showing much interest in blondes, and I used to live in a neighborhood with quite a few immigres from there. They're more interested in women from their own culture.
Yeah right ...the reason people from say Afghanistan end up with local girls is because no western woman is crazy enough to immigrate to a country like that. Change the country though: I've lived for almost 2 years in Dubai(uae) and sure most there are Indians married to Indian women but based on my conversations with thelocals (Arabs) they like Scandinavian/White women a lot and many brag about their "conquests".

If you mean American Arabs:they're Americans and like what other Americans will like, presumably.
And...Romania is "special case" btw., Latin country in Eastern Europe, not your average.

Old 01-06-2016, 11:17 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,866,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Blond-haired men get stampeded in Latin America. Blonde women are very popular in Romania, and pretty rare. I've never noticed Middle-Eastern men showing much interest in blondes, and I used to live in a neighborhood with quite a few immigres from there. They're more interested in women from their own culture.
As I believe mentioned earlier in the thread, I worked with some Iranian and Persian guys in LA, and man, were they ever into blondes...

If a shapely young Middle Eastern woman swayed by in yoga pants, they'd be like, "eh, whatever. MY FRIEND, look at that overweight mother of three with blonde hair!! Ohhhh, she is so sexy!! My god, beautiful!!"

Old 01-07-2016, 05:18 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahrie View Post
Well, I've been blonde all my life and have been asked to model for Redken and others over the years. I said no, as I'm in the limelight enough, but not for my hair or my body - I hope! I'd like to believe that the people on this forum run a little deeper than falling in love with a hair color.

The most beautiful head of hair that I've ever seen belongs to one of my daughters. She wears it looooong (I guess we all do in our family), and it looks like a river of fire. It's gorgeous!

FWIW - Mahrie.
Yes, I'm a big fan of red hair myself. Maureen O'Hara in the movie the Quiet Man, adorable!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World