Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 07:48 PM

133 posts, read 250,092 times

Advertisements

I want to know if this is just the US or Europe too.

To me it seems that the only interracial relationships that actually exist are

White men with Asian women
White men with any race of women out there really
White women with Black men

anything else is just non-existent

Like I have never in my life seen or met a couple where the woman was White and the man was Latino, Asian, Indian, or Arabic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2013, 08:13 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,985,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptedWords View Post
I want to know if this is just the US or Europe too.

To me it seems that the only interracial relationships that actually exist are

White men with Asian women
White men with any race of women out there really
White women with Black men

anything else is just non-existent

Like I have never in my life seen or met a couple where the woman was White and the man was Latino, Asian, Indian, or Arabic.
I have known several white women that have been in relationships with Indian men. One I know now is married to him.

Old 08-07-2013, 08:30 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,881,792 times
Ever been to the U.S. especially at larger cities like NY and LA? You see many multiracial couples.

Old 08-07-2013, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jews for Jesus View Post
Ever been to the U.S. especially at larger cities like NY and LA? You see many multiracial couples.
as in what?

and yes

but it seems like white women in the US either

1. date and marry black men
2. date and marry other women

at least when interracial is concerned

Old 08-07-2013, 09:19 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,928,353 times
It's true that those are the most common, especially in the U.S and Canada. I find that North American women are not as open-minded as their European counterparts. Too many stereotypes about foreigners fed by the media and pop culture (for example, Indian men eat curry and smell, Arabic men beat their wives all the time, and so on).

Old 08-07-2013, 09:25 PM

5,059 posts, read 7,502,821 times
The Prime Ministers Daughter is married to an Immigrant from Hong Kong, so at least one such couple exists in Australia. LOL

No Cookies | The Courier-Mail

Last edited by danielsa1775; 08-07-2013 at 10:21 PM..

Old 08-07-2013, 09:29 PM

43,669 posts, read 44,406,521 times
I know white women who have married men from North African origins.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_gardener View Post
It's true that those are the most common, especially in the U.S and Canada. I find that North American women are not as open-minded as their European counterparts. Too many stereotypes about foreigners fed by the media and pop culture (for example, Indian men eat curry and smell, Arabic men beat their wives all the time, and so on).
I would think that is the case in Europe too as Arabic and North African men with White women are seen as rare.

As for the US I would think a Latino man - White woman couple would be more common in Florida or the West Coast but apparently not even being surrounded by Latino men would get a White girl in the US to date one.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:00 PM

263 posts, read 809,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptedWords View Post
As for the US I would think a Latino man - White woman couple would be more common in Florida or the West Coast but apparently not even being surrounded by Latino men would get a White girl in the US to date one.
Where are you from? Latino men/White women couples are extremely common all over the east coast. As a matter of fact, they're much more common than White women/Black man pairings. Cuban and Puerto Rican men for example have no problem dating white women.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antillano89 View Post
Where are you from? Latino men/White women couples are extremely common all over the east coast. As a matter of fact, they're much more common than White women/Black man pairings. Cuban and Puerto Rican men for example have no problem dating white women.
I am in Atlanta right now and I have never seen such a couple before. When you talk of these Latin men are you talking of the more White looking ones like Pitbull and Antonio Banderas or are you talking more of the stereotypically Latino looking ones? Because if Pitbull dated a White person I would not consider that interracial.

Like I just feel Latino men with White women couples never get talked about and I have never seen such a couple before in my life. I go out a lot and here in Atlanta you see White men with all races and White women with Black men and that is about it. Also I go by who I meet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World