Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where would you live?
Thailand 25 48.08%
Poland 27 51.92%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 05:17 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,992,173 times

Advertisements

I just h ad a nightmarish thought. Trying to learn the Polish language in the Thai alphabet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2013, 05:18 PM

37,153 posts, read 39,404,784 times
I think I'd take Thailand overall, but it's a tough choice. Bangkok's a massive city, which I like, and there is nothing of similar scale in Poland. The massive expat and immigrant population in Bangkok also makes it more cosmopolitan in some ways. It also seems like Bangkok has a much more dynamic economy, so that's attractive.

I do really like Polish food--my guess I'm in the far minority in preferring Polish food to Thai cuisine. The soups are especially good.

Last edited by OyCrumbler; 10-20-2013 at 05:35 PM..

Old 10-20-2013, 05:28 PM

26,788 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
I think I'd take Thailand overall, but it's a tough choice. Bangkok's a massive city, which I like, and there is nothing of similar scale in Poland. The massive expat and immigrant population in Bangkok also makes it more cosmopolitan in some ways. It also seems like Bangkok has a much more dynamic economy, so that's attractive.

I do really like Polish food--my guess I'm in the far minority in preferring Polish food to Thai cuisine.
Yes you are - Thai cuisine is awesome))))

Old 10-20-2013, 05:28 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,327,637 times
Hmm very difficult choice. Poland is an amazing and underrated country, everyone in my family has spent at least a few years there. Krakow is a hidden gem of the East. Thailand tho, I heard great things about it too like the food and the women and the social atmosphere. Very hard to choose.

Old 10-20-2013, 05:46 PM

37,153 posts, read 39,404,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
I just h ad a nightmarish thought. Trying to learn the Polish language in the Thai alphabet.
Not enough circles of hell for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Yes you are - Thai cuisine is awesome))))
I really like Thai food, too. Just like Polish food more--weird I know. Really weird.

Old 04-13-2014, 12:29 AM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 9 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,920,579 times
They show a completely arbitrary, and opposite culture in almost every imaginable component of existence. They might feel completely alien between each country, and almost like visiting another Planet.

I prefer Thailand in a more foreign, exotic Southeast Asian culture, and more interesting compared to Poland.

However, I started to respect Poland more when I notice there is more similarities to Romania than expected, and they have a traditional Slavic Eastern European cultural element. I wouldn’t mind living in Krakow, and there is close proximity to areas of Europe, and quite familiar compared to Romania. Maybe Poland is technically less isolated compared to Thailand, and very close in terms of geography to Czech Republic, Slovakia, Germany, and Ukraine.

Bangkok, Phuket, and Thai beach coastline is more of a colorful worthwhile destination atmosphere compared to anywhere in Poland. Lifestyle Entertainment Options, Culture, Foreign Exotic Parties, Food Cuisine, and More of a Mysterious element is preferable in Thailand compared to Poland.

Old 04-13-2014, 12:52 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,801,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
They show a completely arbitrary, and opposite culture in almost every imaginable component of existence. They might feel completely alien between each country, and almost like visiting another Planet.

I prefer Thailand in a more foreign, exotic Southeast Asian culture, and more interesting compared to Poland.

However, I started to respect Poland more when I notice there is more similarities to Romania than expected, and they have a traditional Slavic Eastern European cultural element. I wouldn’t mind living in Krakow, and there is close proximity to areas of Europe, and quite familiar compared to Romania. Maybe Poland is technically less isolated compared to Thailand, and very close in terms of geography to Czech Republic, Slovakia, Germany, and Ukraine.

Bangkok, Phuket, and Thai beach coastline is more of a colorful worthwhile destination atmosphere compared to anywhere in Poland. Lifestyle Entertainment Options, Culture, Foreign Exotic Parties, Food Cuisine, and More of a Mysterious element is preferable in Thailand compared to Poland.
Yeah they are, but an interesting comparison nonetheless. Thailand is poorer on paper yet seems more colourful, attractive, 'paradise-like' especially for a 'farang.' Actually, in some ways Thailand would seem more familiar to see since I know South-East Asia. Poland seems like a worst place in actuality for a foreigner to live aside from being closer to the rest of Europe.

Old 04-13-2014, 09:14 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,992,173 times
It's not a very clear-cut choice. But it is appealing. I'd probably choose Thailand just because of the climate and the projected cost of living, as Poland is likely to gradually assume the high cost of living once they are in the Euro Zone. But I did not fall in olve with Thailand the way most people do, I found it a disappointing country.

My wife will be spending a few weeks in rural Poland and a couple of days in Warsaw next month, so I'll be a better judge of it when I hear about her trip. I haven't been in Poland since a couple of trips during the communist era, so I don't know what the country is like today. But it was OK then.

Old 04-13-2014, 09:50 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,125,092 times
I have never been to Thailand but have spent a bit of time in Poland. I had a Polish girlfriend and we visited her familie near Breslau often. I could imagine living in Poland, good people! (oh yeah the women....) Thailand seems like a nice place to visit but I doubt I would want to live there. Of course who knows, I was never there.

Will be in Sopot by Gdansk for a week this june racing my sailboat- really looing forward to seeing the Polish seaside.

Old 04-13-2014, 05:01 PM

844 posts, read 1,063,877 times
Poland, beautiful place full of history, charm and really nice people. Pierogi...yummi!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World