Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2014, 10:01 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,959,349 times

Advertisements

I probably just got done sounding totally Honey BooBoo during the Saints/Eagles playoff game. GEAUX, SAINTS!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2014, 01:41 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,817,796 times
Here's first the words in my native language:
Playing: Tallenne(04).mp3 - picosong

And then in Swedish and not-so-good French:
Playing: Tallenne(05).mp3 - picosong

Old 01-05-2014, 02:31 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,441,605 times
Damn, can't play pico on my device. I am really curious how close the Finnish will be to Hungarian.

Did you use articles for proper French?

Old 01-05-2014, 02:51 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,808,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
LOL it's OK, but thank you so much, Postman, for having my back.

I am pretty sure he meant it as a put down - no one can be compared to Honey BooBoo and think it's anything less than a put down. My gosh. But you're right - I'm pretty sure he's not familiar with the wide range of Southern accents, so he's had enough arse chewing and I'm giving him a pass from here on out.
Don't mention it .

Yeah it's a show that is meant to make fun of Southerners (like all those other awful shows like Swamp People). I guess that's what people want, and these people are prepared to do it for the money. Mac15 seems like the type who is all too quick to believe the simplistic stereotypes of others presented on TV etc. If you sound like Honey Boo Boo's mom he probably sounds like a Leprechaun!

Old 01-05-2014, 04:24 AM

308 posts, read 398,529 times
Don't go knockin' Swamp People, I like those guys!

Old 01-05-2014, 05:03 AM

8,159 posts, read 8,735,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
You sound nothing what I imagined. I thought your voice would be... thicker. Of course the phone quality, but...
I sound nothing like what I imagined either, almost like a pre-teen. Rather different from real life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Here's first the words in my native language:
Playing: Tallenne(04).mp3 - picosong

And then in Swedish and not-so-good French:
Playing: Tallenne(05).mp3 - picosong

Love the big huh, that sounded very French "heuuu". Impressive if you got all these off the top of your head. Here's mine. I won't try either Finnish or Swedish.
Vocaroo | Voice message

Old 01-05-2014, 05:29 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,884,802 times
Quote:
Well, thank you. Honestly, I am amazed sometimes at some of the things people say on the internet where they can hide behind anonymity.

And actually, I really do love the Irish accent, and Father Ted is one of my favorite shows EVER IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD. (Well, that and Black Adder!) I'm sure the ratio of nice people to ignorant jackasses is just about the same in Ireland as it is in the US. "They're everywhere..."
I would've said that to your face.

There is nothing wrong with saying you sound like Honey boo boo. I have an opinion, I am allowed it and I will use it. I have nothing against you, if I really wanted to run down your accent I could've said much worse.

Not sure if your referring to my accent but I don't have an Irish leprechaun type accent so don't sound like Father ted.

Old 01-05-2014, 05:30 AM

Quote:
You just used your "get out of jail free" card on me, but no worries. Just the next time you feel like telling someone that they remind you in any way of that idiot show Honey BooBoo, remember that they will probably be very offended. That show offends a lot of people, ESPECIALLY those from the South, because there are actually crazy people out there who assume that reality TV is, well, reality!
But if you've never been and thats all you've seen why wouldn't you assume that? A substantial amount of americans think that all Irish people do is eat potatoes and live in mud huts. And they've said that to us as-well.

When our Canadian cousins girlfriend visited us she asked us many insulting questions from 'do you guys have a cinema' to 'do you guys have bikes'.

Old 01-05-2014, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Don't mention it .

Yeah it's a show that is meant to make fun of Southerners (like all those other awful shows like Swamp People). I guess that's what people want, and these people are prepared to do it for the money. Mac15 seems like the type who is all too quick to believe the simplistic stereotypes of others presented on TV etc. If you sound like Honey Boo Boo's mom he probably sounds like a Leprechaun!
They don't have TLC in Australia so how do you know?

It is about a Southern family and their daily life. The daughter goes on beauty pageants alot etc.

Old 01-05-2014, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
She's from the south, what did you expect her to sound? And her accent isn't as strong as the Honey Boo Boo people. You're probably not familiar with Southern accents, but that sounds like a snobbish put-down if I ever heard it. I'll take Kathryn's southern over your Irish accents that keep going up every sentence...
You are making a fool of yourself here.

Hiberno-English - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mid-Ulster English - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I speak Mid-Ulster/Ulster Scots english not Hiberno english.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World