Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 07:39 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,139,330 times

Advertisements

Russia: Arafat's death not caused by radiation
December 26, 2013 - Associated Press

MOSCOW (AP) — A Russian probe into the death of Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat has found no trace of radioactive poisoning, the chief of the government agency that conducted the study said Thursday.

Vladimir Uiba, the head of the Federal Medical and Biological Agency, said the agency had no plans to conduct further tests.

"It was a natural death; there was no impact of radiation," Uiba said, according to Russian news agencies.

See more at: Russia: Arafat's death not caused by radiation | CNS News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2013, 09:44 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sargentodiaz View Post
Russia: Arafat's death not caused by radiation
December 26, 2013 - Associated Press

MOSCOW (AP) — A Russian probe into the death of Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat has found no trace of radioactive poisoning, the chief of the government agency that conducted the study said Thursday.

Vladimir Uiba, the head of the Federal Medical and Biological Agency, said the agency had no plans to conduct further tests.

"It was a natural death; there was no impact of radiation," Uiba said, according to Russian news agencies.

See more at: Russia: Arafat's death not caused by radiation | CNS News
right, only 'Merica can have obnoxious conspiracy nuts

Old 12-26-2013, 10:53 AM

531 posts, read 594,983 times
I've never understood anti-semites. I don't have Jewish family or social ties, but when I find a scale of criticism and hatred directed against them that is vastly disproportionate to their transgressions, every single action carefully and meticulously scrutinized by a vitriolic mass eager to find evidence of wrongdoing, what is clearly anti-semitism meted out under the contrived guise of 'anti-zionism', I look to more sinister reasons. That is not to say their behavior in Palestine is stellar in any sense or that they've not committed atrocious acts.

Old 12-26-2013, 11:05 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,928,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noggin of Rum View Post
I've never understood anti-semites.
What does being critical of Israel's policies have to do with antisemitism? Israel is a country, not a religion.

If I criticize Italy, am I being anti-Catholic?

Jews are just like any other people - some are good and some are bad. Someone's opinion of Israel has nothing to do with his/her opinion of Jews. Furthermore, Semites include Arabs. Since most people who criticize Israel are Arab, by definition they cannot be antisemitic unless they hate themselves.

The only real anti-semites are neo-nazis.

Repeat after me: Semitic is not synonymous with Jewish
Israel is not synonymous with Jews

Old 12-26-2013, 11:06 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,992,173 times
Why would Semitic people be anti-semitic?

Old 12-26-2013, 12:35 PM

872 posts, read 1,385,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_gardener View Post
What does being critical of Israel's policies have to do with antisemitism? Israel is a country, not a religion.

If I criticize Italy, am I being anti-Catholic?

Jews are just like any other people - some are good and some are bad. Someone's opinion of Israel has nothing to do with his/her opinion of Jews.

Israel is not synonymous with Jews
Go to any Stormfront thread on Israel to see plenty of examples of how people's personal opinions on Israel's policies can be inextricably associated with anti-semitic bias and hatred.

Your friend also implied causal interrelationship between anti-Israelism and anti-semitism, not synonymity between the two.

Quote:
Furthermore, Semites include Arabs. Since most people who criticize Israel are Arab, by definition they cannot be antisemitic unless they hate themselves.

The only real anti-semites are neo-nazis.

Repeat after me: Semitic is not synonymous with Jewish
This is the equivocation fallacy. Semitic in the context of "anti-semitism" refers specifically to the Jewish people, despite its broader meaning in the anthropological context.

Old 12-26-2013, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionIMPOSSIBRU View Post
Go to any Stormfront thread on Israel to see plenty of examples of how people's personal opinions on Israel's policies can be inextricably associated with anti-semitic bias and hatred.

Your friend also implied causal interrelationship between anti-Israelism and anti-semitism, not synonymity between the two.

This is the equivocation fallacy. Semitic in the context of "anti-semitism" refers specifically to the Jewish people, despite its broader meaning in the anthropological context.

Yeah but Stormfront is full of kooks and they hate pretty much everyone who isn't white. I wouldn't take their opinions seriously.

I don't think most reasonable people who criticize Israeli policy have anything against Jews or Judaism.

Old 12-26-2013, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Yeah but Stormfront is full of kooks and they hate pretty much everyone who isn't white. I wouldn't take their opinions seriously.

I don't think most reasonable people who criticize Israeli policy have anything against Jews or Judaism.
So your claim is that nobody who criticises Israel does so because they hate Jews

... apart from all those kooks who criticise Israel because they hate Jews.

Old 12-26-2013, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionIMPOSSIBRU View Post
So your claim is that nobody who criticises Israel does so because they hate Jews

apart from all those kooks who criticise Israel because they hate Jews.
Read OP's post again. He was referring to a controversy over Arafat (who I couldn't care less about but that's beside the point). Do you see Stormfront people making a fuss over Arafat's death? No, and why would they give a damn anyway? They love to see Jews and Arabs duking it out, because they are both considered inferior.
Are there Arabs who hate Jews? Yes there are but not all of them do.

Are there non-Arab, non-Nazi people who criticize Israel? These represent most of the Israel critics, and why would they have any reason to dislike Jews? Think of all the Europeans for instance...

Old 12-26-2013, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Read OP's post again. He was referring to a controversy over Arafat (who I couldn't care less about but that's beside the point). Do you see Stormfront people making a fuss over Arafat's death? No, and why would they give a damn anyway? They love to see Jews and Arabs duking it out, because they are both considered inferior.
Are there Arabs who hate Jews? Yes there are but not all of them do.

Are there non-Arab, non-Nazi people who criticize Israel? These represent most of the Israel critics, and why would they have any reason to dislike Jews? Think of all the Europeans for instance...
Why don't you sign up on Stormfront and ask them directly?

Or if racists don't count as part of this, then you've turned your claim into a tautology. You're effectively saying that non-racist people who criticise Israel are not racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World