Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: More or Less countries in 2050?
More 28 66.67%
Less 14 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 06:19 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,386,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Everyone should merge with the closest superpower.

Canada and Mexico join USA.

South and Central America join Brazil.

Russia, Europe, Central Asia join Russia

Whole Middle East joins Saudi Arabia... (Israel will join the USA)

Rest of Asia joins China except India they will be their own thing.

Africa turns into one country.

New Zealand and every single little island in the pacific joins Australia.
If this happened the world would turn in a massive version of what is now happening in the Middle East.

Bombings everywhere, people cutting peoples heads, mass murders, huge riots in the more western countries, did I mention bombs?, high suicide rates, racism, sexism, mass propaganda and did I mention bombs?

So yeah the world would improve massively.

The UK would probably turn into one fireball the second people know they joined Russia.

Bbc news - "the uk joins the Russian federation"
Reaction - Every square mile of land turns to fire due to rioting. A second hitler is born immediately while immigrants turn west Europe into a 3rd world country

Cbc news - "Canada has joined the USA"
Reaction - People literally saw off the US from the Canadian border with undecidable people jumping from the US to Canada (the majority jump to the USA) People in Mexico have a big party while Americans are indifferent. The Mexican population turns to zero in a millisecond.

Pakistani news - "Pakistan has joined Saudi Arabi"
Reaction - Middle East region immediately self combust

I'm bored.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2014, 07:44 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,507,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
If this happened the world would turn in a massive version of what is now happening in the Middle East.

Bombings everywhere, people cutting peoples heads, mass murders, huge riots in the more western countries, did I mention bombs?, high suicide rates, racism, sexism, mass propaganda and did I mention bombs?

So yeah the world would improve massively.

The UK would probably turn into one fireball the second people know they joined Russia.

Bbc news - "the uk joins the Russian federation"
Reaction - Every square mile of land turns to fire due to rioting. A second hitler is born immediately while immigrants turn west Europe into a 3rd world country

Cbc news - "Canada has joined the USA"
Reaction - People literally saw off the US from the Canadian border with undecidable people jumping from the US to Canada (the majority jump to the USA) People in Mexico have a big party while Americans are indifferent. The Mexican population turns to zero in a millisecond.

Pakistani news - "Pakistan has joined Saudi Arabi"
Reaction - Middle East region immediately self combust

I'm bored.
I forgot to mention all these nations would be run by communist governments.

Old 10-10-2014, 04:06 AM

1,675 posts, read 2,840,758 times
more, especially in europe and africa, however the smaller the countries the weaker they are.... so then come huge superpowers like China, the US, Russia to boss these tiny countries around!

Old 10-10-2014, 12:12 PM

291 posts, read 831,967 times
When it comes to best of all continents - Europe - I see two parallel processes of:

-more fragmentation, more national states;

-more cooperation, more common institutions these nations share.

Looks contradictory, but that's how I see it.

Old 10-11-2014, 01:44 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,398,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroatWebWanderer View Post
When it comes to best of all continents - Europe - I see two parallel processes of:

-more fragmentation, more national states;

-more cooperation, more common institutions these nations share.

Looks contradictory, but that's how I see it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
I think you will see more independence then those new countries will cooperate with others. I don't know why you think people would rather be oppressed from a distant, unrelatable central authority over self determination when history has abundantly proven the opposite.
I understand exactly what you are saying!

Old 10-16-2014, 05:48 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,122,739 times
Less, of course. Our world is falling right to the hell.

Old 12-02-2014, 04:08 PM

30,640 posts, read 18,242,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Guyana + Suriname

Slovenia + Croatia

Romania + Moldova

Mauritania + Mali

Niger + Chad

Ivory Coast + Burkina Faso

Central African Republic + South Sudan

Kenya + Uganda

Georgia + Armenia

Syria + Iraq

Saudi Arabia + Kuwait + Bahrain + Qatar + United Arab Emirates

Turkmenistan + Uzbekistan + Kyrgyzstan + Tajikistan + Afghanistan
Why do you have Ivory Coast and Burkina Faso? I would think Ivory Coast has more in common with Ghana than Burkina Faso (i.e. Akans are largest and most dominant ethnic group in both countries).

Old 12-02-2014, 04:15 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,386,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Why do you have Ivory Coast and Burkina Faso? I would think Ivory Coast has more in common with Ghana than Burkina Faso (i.e. Akans are largest and most dominant ethnic group in both countries).
He probably sees all those African Countries as ''Black people''

Old 12-02-2014, 04:25 PM

2,694 posts, read 3,193,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Georgia + Armenia
They're not the same people, they don't speak the same language, they don't use the same alphabet, and they don't practice the same religion.

Armenia also joined the Eurasian Union, and Georgia hates Russia. All of that aside, however, Armenia will never willingly agree to lose their independence again. Not after the Genocide. Not after the Soviet period.

Armenia and Georgia aside, it honestly looks like you just put a bunch of countries together because they're next to one another.

Old 12-03-2014, 05:42 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,528,473 times
Depend on which point in the future.
For the near future - until the beginning of the 22th century, perhaps - I guess there will be more countries.
But for later, the concept of "country" will be increasingly obsolete due to the improvements in the technology. Moving from one country to another will be so easy and fast that it will be almost impossible having border control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World