Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 05:16 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
So much hate for somewhere so good! Something happened to her in London.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHTDtHRWIBw
What a pathetic excuse for public transportation,

this is how its done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czb4rImsph0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2015, 06:07 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,527,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
I envy the people who don't live in London.
I live in SP. Would you like to change the place with me?

Old 02-25-2015, 07:29 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,848,307 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peXDNm7qvto

Old 02-25-2015, 07:55 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,794,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Examples please? I am sorry but all you do is spout your skewed opinion, the fact of the matter is London is one of the top world cities, there are plenty of other 'top world cities' too, London has an AWFUL lot of history and culture, it IS a 24 hour city, Paris is pretty bloody good too for many of the same reasons. Bangkok is also a wonderful 'top' world city but for the life of me I can't see why it is any better than London? I am sure there are things in Bangkok that perhaps London doesn't have (though I cant think of any off hand) but does Bangkok have one of the world 2 top theatre districts? Does Bangkok offer the range of world class sporting events (EPL, Wimbledon etc etc)? Does Bangkok have anything like the number of world class (free to enter) Museums? Does Bangkok have the same number of top rated 4 star restaurants? I honestly wouldn't know but there again I wouldn't simply claim Bangkok is sh*t when I actually don't know for sure how it is (unlike some posters!)
She just has a different perspective on what she sees as an attractive, vibrant city. I see where she is coming from.

These lists do get boring sometimes here on CD as everyone mentions the same 'top' places all the time.

Old 02-25-2015, 11:44 PM

1,267 posts, read 1,247,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
She just has a different perspective on what she sees as an attractive, vibrant city. I see where she is coming from.

These lists do get boring sometimes here on CD as everyone mentions the same 'top' places all the time.
It says far more about Irene, than it does London, that she didn't notice that it IS an attractive, vibrant city.

Old 02-25-2015, 11:56 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,794,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbobcat View Post
It says far more about Irene, than it does London, that she didn't notice that it IS an attractive, vibrant city.
I don't know, I thought Paris was overrated and was disappointed in Rome, so...

There are so many large cities in Europe and across the world that if you travel often, other cities start drawing your attention.

Old 02-26-2015, 01:05 AM

1,770 posts, read 1,663,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene-cd View Post
You cannot find a single place in the western world that can match Bangkok in terms of party, color, food... YOU SIMPLY CANNOT!!
Don't you think that topic is too subjective to make absolute statements about? Can you imagine that maybe some people like different types of parties, "color" or food than you? I know for me personally, if I am going to be in a big city (which isn't usually my preference) I want to be somewhere incredibly diverse. Somewhere that I can get amazing food from all over the world, prepared by people from those places who know the cuisines. If I want to party, I want to party with girls of all different ethnicities. I also vastly prefer first world countries with first world amenities, if I am going to be in a city.

Last edited by Rozenn; 03-02-2015 at 01:59 PM.. Reason: Rude

Old 02-26-2015, 01:37 AM

1,675 posts, read 2,840,285 times
oh the most fun cities in the world predictable manner:

LONDON, PARIS, BERLIN, ROME, BARCELONA, TIRED I MEAN EH EUROPE and then to internationalize it we'll add some cliche canadian city (toronto) or australian (sydney/melbourne) or American city (preferably new york or san francisco (but let's keep it western please)

get over yourselves.... Europe is beautiful but it's NOT the center of the universe! nor is the US

the biggest most colorful red light district on the planet is in Pattaya Thailand, not in Amsterdam

the world's largest megalopolis is Tokyo, not NYC or london

the nightlife in bangkok blows just about every major european city off of the water

for gays the gay nightlife in buenos aires argentina is so vast, Buenos aires has become a gay mecha and if you put its gay district together it'd be 5 times castro district of overrated san francisco

for foodies.... go to mexico city! (go to plaza garibaldi and try some of their food stands, it will BLOW ANYTHING you can possibly find in paris or london off the water) or try the food in kuala lumpur (a mixture of chinese, indian, south east asian cuisines) you'll taste dishes and fruits you never though they could exist because there is not a chance you'll find them in london or paris or rome!

and this idea that you can get any food in london or paris is a lie... you can't and often the foods you eat that you think are ethnic are in fact prepared in a way to suit the local people's taste, is not the real deal!!! look at difference of curry you can have in india which is more vegetable rich and thicker and the creamy watery curry you have in london!

I have traveled the world... my experiences do not resume to a week in NY, five days in london and three in Paris

I've been from Africa to South America, to north America to Europe, to Asia... and soon oceania (I am going to papua new guinea)

so yeah, you will not convince that london, paris, berlin, rome, barcelona are the epitome of fun on this planet... fun if you're from europe and this is all you know, but if you travel a bit, you'll see they're ok, but nothing to write home about quite often.

Last edited by Rozenn; 03-02-2015 at 02:00 PM.. Reason: Orphaned

Old 02-26-2015, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
Don't you think that topic is too subjective to make absolute statements about? Can you imagine that maybe some people like different types of parties, "color" or food than you? I know for me personally, if I am going to be in a big city (which isn't usually my preference) I want to be somewhere incredibly diverse. Somewhere that I can get amazing food from all over the world, prepared by people from those places who know the cuisines. If I want to party, I want to party with girls of all different ethnicities. I also vastly prefer first world countries with first world amenities, if I am going to be in a city.
honey having a bunch of white people eating some western style curry in some western franchise place in new york or london is not the same as eating an actual curry in india!

About your "I wanna go to incredibly diverse places in the first world" shows YOU ARE THE IDIOT.... so now there is no diversity anywhere but in europe and north america? hahahaha IF ANYTHING EUROPE AND NORTH AMERICA ARE SOME OF THE MOST HOMOGENEOUS PLACES YOU COULD POSSIBLY GO TO ON THIS PLANET

just to give you an example I was in Jaipur Rajasthan (india), it was so incredibly diverse (and I dont mean american diverse in the American sense of the word with white and black fellas speaking english, dressing in the same style of cloths and praying to jesus), I mean diverse as in the city is 30% muslim, 40% Hindu, the rest are all sort of religious you probably never even heard about... in the city alone there were over 20 different LOCAL languages spoken, the food was VAST the local cuisine has everything you can imagine

AND YES YOU HAVE "FIRST WORLD AMENITIES" their sheraton is far more luxurious than the sheraton in NYC and the shopping is far more ravishing and affordable than in some tired shopping mall in the US as for the local cuisine, I tried foods I didnt know they existed (pineapple curry, delicious rice balls with a local vegetable wrapped in banana leaves etc. etc.)

TRAVEL HONEY, IT DOESNT HURT!

Last edited by Rozenn; 03-02-2015 at 02:19 PM.. Reason: Orphaned

Old 02-26-2015, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
I don't know, I thought Paris was overrated and was disappointed in Rome, so...

There are so many large cities in Europe and across the world that if you travel often, other cities start drawing your attention.
Omg Paris I was so disappointed!!!

the locals are very rude, the city is really dirty, you cannot possibly walk because of the gazillion of tourists, at the end I went to the hotel room with a sort of migraine and had to lay down.

As far as the food (OMG FRENCH FOOD LET'S ALL DIE AND GO TO HEAVEN) meh bunch of pastries and creams of vegetables and wines... not only I had to put up with rude waiters who ignore you on purpose but also most of these places are so completely swept with tourist you dont even enjoy the atmosphere, all you feel is that you're in this big touristy european cliche of a place that you're supposed to enjoy because its paris and europe!

london also felt like that in many ways, and with london I was kinda annoyed at the "WE'RE SO BLOODY FANTASTIC, ARENT YOU IMPRESSED WITH US YET? YOU DO REALIZE THIS IS LONDON!! YOU ARE IN LONDON YOU'RE SO PRIVILEGED TO BE HERE" kind of attitude you get from the city.

then hordes and hordes of tourists running towards buckingham palace to see that pasty old mummy wave to the masses.... I thought they were giving away free money judging by the way they were running... I mean honestly with cameras hanging from their necks and screaming!!! sort of like when those japanese girls would run after michael jackson's limousine!

and then go to Brixton to see some "urban decay" london style :roll eyes: only to be pushed by some ghetto fat woman with a london accent because I got on her way (don't you stare into mah ****en face like that) she told me!

and yeah I did the whole Soho, hyde park (A park like any other park on this planet I wasn't particularly taken away), saw the cucumber looking building, walked around canary wharf with the suits and ties, was offered a ride on the london eye (please like I am gonna stand for hour and half on a line full of tourists to ride a ferris wheel :roll eyes

my favorite thing in london was free access to museums.... the tate is a fantastic museum, so is the british museum of history (where you can see all the stuff they stole from all over the world... from moctezuma's headdress, to ancient greek artifacts, to all sorts of old stuff from indian, egyptian mummies and so on)

I was told by the girl I was with, you have to go to harrods... its LONDON, ITS HARRODS BUY SOMETHING AND KEEP THE BAG THAT SAYS HARRODS BECAUSE ITS LONDON, OMG! i am too cheap to go shopping in some overrated store

honestly honey and its not just london

cities like berlin are also this massive cliche, rome is even a bigger cliche

new york, aaaa I remember walking around the spot where they killed john lennon and there were people there (many of whom were european tourists) lighting up candles, holding hands and singing imagine... can't get cheesier!!!

honey I am just on another level of traveling!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World