Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 08:19 PM

485 posts, read 2,245,872 times

Advertisements

After seeing the topic/thread "most boring cities of the developed world", I read it, the cities made sense until I saw some people putting in places like Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Pheonix, Atlanta and Houston... I would like to know how or why they were boring. Some of the people seemed to be very silly. I was like "seriously?", did they go to those places, and as soon as they got off the plane expect people to roll out the red carpet for them and sing a song? Or play a marching band to them? People, you must be fair and reasonable and also put a little bit of your part yourselves. I haven't been to those cities (except LA and Vegas), but if you don't know what to do in those cities, you must be a boring person.

I didn't even see anyone mentioned cities in the midwest, how come nobody mentioned that? I heard the midwest is pretty boring especially since it is all flat and there are no green hills or mountains. Sometimes it is rather dry.

Anyways what are the 7 most fun/enjoyable/entertaining cities in the USA and other parts of the developed world? I chose 7 since this is one of my favorite numbers and a lucky number in western countries. You can do 8 if you're East/Southeast Asian. That's their lucky number since 8 has the same pronunciation as the word for "abundance" in Chinese, Japanese Korean and Vietnamese. That's if you want, otherwise do 7 =D
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2013, 02:34 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,799,067 times
In the US:

1. New York
2. New Orleans
3. Los Angeles
4. San Francisco
5. Chicago
6. Boston
7. Miami

Developed world:

1. New York
2. Barcelona
3. Seoul
4. London
5. Sydney
6. Singapore
7. Rome

Old 12-27-2013, 03:39 AM

531 posts, read 594,837 times
We can probably do this as a single list, but I'll choose five of each.

London
Miami
NYC/Paris
Hong Kong
Amsterdam
Tokyo
Los Angeles
Melbourne
Chicago
San Francisco

Old 12-28-2013, 04:32 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,212,329 times
Here in the US, the top 7 most fun cities tend to be:

New York City
Los Angeles
San Francisco
Chicago
Miami (Mostly Miami Beach though, which is a separate city within the same metro area)
New Orleans
Las Vegas

There are other fun cities here in the States that I think foreigners would find interesting as well:

Washington DC (There's a lot more to this city than just the White House, National Mall, and Downtown)
Boston
Philadelphia
Baltimore
Charleston
Savannah
Portland
Honolulu
Seattle
Scottsdale, AZ
Austin
Old Town Alexandria
Hoboken, NJ
Atlantic City
Pittsburgh
Minneapolis-St. Paul
Oakland
Santa Barbara
Santa Monica
Cambridge, MA
Denver
Long Beach

Old 12-28-2013, 04:42 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times
I'm a Sunny Isles Beach, Myrtle Beach, Hilton Head, VA Beach type of guy.

No New York of SF for me

Old 12-29-2013, 12:54 AM

1,772 posts, read 3,519,622 times
Not listed in any particular order.
The international list was far easier than the domestic

Istanbul
Buenos Aires
Mexico City
Berlin
Sao Paulo
Madrid
Montreal

Chicago
New York
Philadelphia
San Francisco
Los Angeles
Seattle
Minneapolis

Old 12-29-2013, 12:59 AM

1,772 posts, read 3,519,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
Scottsdale, AZ
Really? I just found it to be a sprawling suburb with nothing there but a Nordstrom's and a couple stores selling turquoise jewelry to old ladies.

...no offense to you or anyone else on here who might like turquoise.

Otherwise, I really enjoyed the rest of your list.

Old 12-29-2013, 04:16 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,212,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn.Davenport View Post
Really? I just found it to be a sprawling suburb with nothing there but a Nordstrom's and a couple stores selling turquoise jewelry to old ladies.

...no offense to you or anyone else on here who might like turquoise.

Otherwise, I really enjoyed the rest of your list.
None taken, but I only put Scottsdale on there since it's proclaimed to be the "Miami of the Southwest". I guess it's because of the perceived luxury lifestyle, nightlife, and shopping options. Btw, I prefer Sapphire

Old 12-31-2013, 05:51 PM

50 posts, read 75,376 times
One list works best \
Most enjoyable cities

1. NYC
2. Barcelona
3. Bueno Aries
4. Madrid
5. Chicago
6. Paris
7.London
8. Rome
9. Amsterdam
10. Miami
11. Montreal
12. San Paolo

Old 02-15-2015, 11:33 AM

148 posts, read 228,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
In the US:

1. New York
2. New Orleans
3. Los Angeles
4. San Francisco
5. Chicago
6. Boston
7. Miami

Boston is so fun that you can get denied for having an out of state license!

Boston is a cool city, however, it is not one noted too highly for entertainment or nightlife. Philadelphia is a peer city with much better nightlife and entertainment. Boston lacks in that regard, as well as food scene.

The bar/club/food/entertainment scene in Philadelphia is much better than Boston, and its slightly better than DC as well.

Of the big four (Boston, NY, Philly, DC) on the East coast, Boston definitely has the worst nightlife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World