Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Switzerland or Australia?
Switzerland 37 43.53%
Australia 48 56.47%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 05:51 PM

1,045 posts, read 759,658 times

Advertisements

Australia. The people are far more friendly than the uptight Swiss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2019, 08:53 AM

23,543 posts, read 24,041,250 times
Switzerland.

Old 11-01-2019, 06:46 AM

35 posts, read 23,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISTJ View Post
Switzerland

+ Alps, snow
We have alps & snow in Australia, too.

Old 11-01-2019, 07:22 AM

290 posts, read 179,597 times
Switzerland, Within a few hours by car you have an entire continent there for you to explore full of diverse languages cultures and people.

Australia on the other hand is very far and if you don't Wanna be in Sydney where do you go, to Brisbane and then what? I get the feeling that it is very Americanised too.

Old 11-01-2019, 08:02 AM

570 posts, read 508,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backpaker View Post
Switzerland, Within a few hours by car you have an entire continent there for you to explore full of diverse languages cultures and people.

Australia on the other hand is very far and if you don't Wanna be in Sydney where do you go, to Brisbane and then what? I get the feeling that it is very Americanised too.
Well, Sydney is one of the most multicultural cities on Earth! Way more than anywhere in Switzerland and Europe apart from London perhaps. I can feel within 30 mins in India (Harris Park) Lebanon (Lakemba) China (Chinatown, Hurtsville,Chatswood), Italy (Leichhardt, haberfield) etc etc etc because the whole city is cosmopolitan. Melbourne is 1 hour away, 3-4 hours away you have spectacular snowy mountains in New Zealand and amazing beaches in Fiji. An overnight flight for 7-8 hours has you in Asia!
Australia has more to offer than Switzerland. Damn, I would get so bored after a few weeks in Switzerland, they dont even have real cities and the weather is meh.

Old 11-01-2019, 08:55 AM

290 posts, read 179,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usuariodeldia View Post
Well, Sydney is one of the most multicultural cities on Earth! Way more than anywhere in Switzerland and Europe apart from London perhaps. I can feel within 30 mins in India (Harris Park) Lebanon (Lakemba) China (Chinatown, Hurtsville,Chatswood), Italy (Leichhardt, haberfield) etc etc etc because the whole city is cosmopolitan. Melbourne is 1 hour away, 3-4 hours away you have spectaWhen in reality they're pretty much the same thing in Walmart parking lotscular snowy mountains in New Zealand and amazing beaches in Fiji. An overnight flight for 7-8 hours has you in Asia!
Australia has more to offer than Switzerland. Damn, I would get so bored after a few weeks in Switzerland, they dont even have real cities and the weather is meh.
Sydney is a big sprawling suburb with a waterfront. That pretty much sums it up.

If you think going into some Sydney ethnic neighbourhood Replaces the experience of travelling to different countries like it happens in Europe then, You are on the same delusional level of most Americans Who swear that going from Suburban Walmart parking lot filed North Carolina into Suburban Walmart parking lot filed South Carolina is a multi cultural experience, Making the United States the most multi cultural country on the planetin their heads.

Last edited by backpaker; 11-01-2019 at 09:41 AM..

Old 11-01-2019, 09:33 AM

1,136 posts, read 526,317 times
Switzerland is notable for being a neutral and European country

Old 11-02-2019, 03:33 AM

570 posts, read 508,988 times
Quote:
Sydney is a big sprawling suburb with a waterfront. That pretty much sums it up.

If you think going into some Sydney ethnic neighbourhood Replaces the experience of travelling to different countries like it happens in Europe then, You are on the same delusional level of most Americans Who swear that going from Suburban Walmart parking lot filed North Carolina into Suburban Walmart parking lot filed South Carolina is a multi cultural experience, Making the United States the most multi cultural country on the planetin their heads.
Why are you comparing Sydney with American cities? I know what I am talking about. Living in Sydney will give you the experience to be surrounded by a very multicultural society, not like in Switzerland. Yes, you can visit on a weekend another country, but will that give you the right to learn about that culture when you will probably spend that weekend going to tourist traps? My point was that Living in a place like Sydney still gives you the chance to learn about other cultures, and no, I'm not talking about your stupid example. There are heaps of multicultural festivals and events where you can have a sense of the cuisine, culture and language of X country. Besides, Sydney is 7-8 hours away from Asia, which I find more interesting than going to the same BS overrated places in Europe.

Old 11-02-2019, 09:20 AM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
I lived in Australia for three months in 2013 and absolutely loved it; well, I did get homesick due to the distance and missed some of my favorite ethnic foods, but otherwise I had a blast!

Switzerland, I don't know enough about, but due to the weather alone I'd probably have to choose Australia.

Old 11-03-2019, 04:03 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,524,639 times
Quote:

You haven't been to Australia have you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World