Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 08:33 AM

10,889 posts, read 2,193,171 times

Advertisements

Our government is a joke.
Our president is seen cheating on his girlfriend while on a damn SCOOTER, No one has been to that stupid Waterloo thing because... ! well because it's obvious and our Prime Minister take the government jet to go to a stupid MATCH with the money the country didn't even have. How old are they ? 5 ?
It's not a big deal but it's ridiculous.

Viribusunitis, thank you again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2015, 08:33 AM

26,883 posts, read 38,053,631 times
Regarding the Valls case, there are a few shades of grey in there. To me, it's not clear-cut.

He went to Berlin to meet with Michel Platini, the president of UEFA.

UEFA is based in Nyon, Switzerland so presumably he could have met with Platini there instead of Berlin, which would have required Valls to fly to Geneva or Lausanne I guess.

But he flew to meet him in Berlin instead, and he got to take in the game as well...

Old 06-18-2015, 08:36 AM

7,033 posts, read 4,957,243 times
For Australia:

The spiders, bugs and flies.
Tony Abbott saying "stop the boats" literally every 30 seconds. Seriously shut the **** up.
Tony Abbott in general. The above thing really needed its own category.
Too far away from other countries, apart from NZ.

That's about it really.

Old 06-18-2015, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Regarding the Valls case, there are a few shades of grey in there. To me, it's not clear-cut.

He went to Berlin to meet with Michel Platini, the president of UEFA.

UEFA is based in Nyon, Switzerland so presumably he could have met with Platini there instead of Berlin, which would have required Valls to fly to Geneva or Lausanne I guess.

But he flew to meet him in Berlin instead, and he got to take in the game as well...
Nothing is clear with that government.

Old 06-18-2015, 08:57 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,817,796 times
The nanny state, and the so-called 'need' to have rules and regulations for everything.

Old 06-18-2015, 08:59 AM

8,867 posts, read 8,450,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
Yeah, obviously it's not a huge deal, it didn't cost that much. But still, I understand why the French feel betrayed. I mean, that guy earns a ****load of money and he still thinks that it's okay to use tax money for his own adventures abroad, because "no one will notice anyway".

Pretty similar to our Minister of Defense, who thought that it's okay to go on vacation to southern France and South Tyrol with his official car and driver that get paid by the taxpayer (officially a military vehicle; a BMW 7 series, though ).
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ- View Post
Our government is a joke.
Our president is seen cheating on his girlfriend while on a damn SCOOTER, No one has been to that stupid Waterloo thing because... ! well because it's obvious and our Prime Minister take the government jet to go to a stupid MATCH with the money the country didn't even have. How old are they ? 5 ?
It's not a big deal but it's ridiculous.

Viribusunitis, thank you again.
Obviously everybody hates their government, we actually have had some similar **** recently. One of the county governors recently has traveled to China with his parade of skanks(ie his employees) for "field studies", whatever that means, which is not really a big deal normally, but that specific county is ****ing broke that the public staff working in the county government couldn't even get paid.

Old 06-18-2015, 09:08 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,817,796 times
Heads fall so easily here in politics, so it has pretty much ended stuff like the French example. Of course corruption exists hidden in the shadows, but top politicans are so much under the radar that they would be forced to resign if caught.

Old 06-18-2015, 09:17 AM

This has nothing to do with it but it made me fall out of my chair a little :
Sarkozy et Berlusconi, en couple et bodybuildés dans un manga japonais - 13/06/2015 - ladepeche.fr
If it's true, stuck-up Sarkozy could do a heart attack or something maybe ?
He so want to be famous and all, here it goes...

Old 06-22-2015, 01:34 AM

1,950 posts, read 3,529,178 times
No universal healthcare.

Old 06-22-2015, 02:41 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,525,554 times
Not a lot to gripe about in Australia I don't think. I would probably nominate cost of living - a trip to just about any other city in the world demonstrates this when we travel. The level of political debate is also pretty dismal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World