Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 05:24 PM

1,235 posts, read 1,769,667 times

Advertisements

The answer is: the Netherlands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2015, 06:19 PM

1,212 posts, read 1,434,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongNote View Post
Let's just say I speak them all... Leave the language barrier problem to me. What about Brazillll?
Hehe

To me, altough I've never been there, but theorically it would be Australia. I really would like to live there for some time!

Old 06-06-2015, 06:35 PM

18 posts, read 28,236 times
United States of America

Last edited by PlayBrazil; 06-06-2015 at 06:48 PM..

Old 06-06-2015, 07:21 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,038,045 times
Quote:
What's the best country to live that fits this criterion?

Diverse society:

Diverse food scene:

No death penalty:

Prostitution is legal:

Non-police state:

Good standard of living:

Responsible government:
I don't think there is such a perfect place that fits all of those criteria, but if there was then I think any really protective and intelligent person who lives there isn't going to want to tell you about it. I know if I lived in a place like that I'd keep it to myself, only tell a select few and not reveal or boast about it to all and sundry online. I'd expect people who lived there would want to keep it low profile, protect their well kept secret so their country wouldn't be despoiled by an unwanted migration of undesireables all looking for the same thing. Nobody wants their own paradise country that they love and live in to suffer an unwelcome onslaught of unqualified people applying to immigrate there or masses of illegal immigrants sneaking in and over-running and ruining it for everyone.

Far too many paradise countries and their people have been invaded and ruined and displaced because of masses of despoilers invading them as soon as they learned of them. I'm sure a lot of intelligent people today who value what they've got have learned a valuable lesson from history and wouldn't want to repeat those same mistakes of history again.

Last edited by Zoisite; 06-06-2015 at 07:31 PM..

Old 06-06-2015, 07:44 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,523,517 times
Quote:
What's the best country to live that fits this criterion?

Diverse society:

Diverse food scene:

No death penalty:

Prostitution is legal:

Non-police state:

Good standard of living:

Responsible government:
Australia certainly ticks all those boxes, but do you really think those are the criteria that equal a great place to live? Surely there is more to it than that

Old 06-06-2015, 07:53 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,038,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Australia certainly ticks all those boxes, but do you really think those are the criteria that equal a great place to live? Surely there is more to it than that
There isn't more to it if a person is really discontented with where they are and believes those criteria are the answer to solve what they think is lacking where they live.

Old 06-07-2015, 12:57 AM

1,021 posts, read 2,908,042 times
You said in another thread, LongNote, "Because I plan on renouncing, and I need to live in a country that has good fitness gyms...". Was that a joke? You know renouncing is about a million times easier said than done, right?

Old 06-09-2015, 03:08 PM

779 posts, read 927,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
I have mixed feelings about Australia, I've heard that they have some serious race issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
There isn't more to it if a person is really discontented with where they are and believes those criteria are the answer to solve what they think is lacking where they live.

True story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brontosaurus View Post
You said in another thread, LongNote, "Because I plan on renouncing, and I need to live in a country that has good fitness gyms...". Was that a joke? You know renouncing is about a million times easier said than done, right?
It's not hard, just expensive.

Renunciation of U.S. Nationality

Old 06-10-2015, 12:19 AM

1,021 posts, read 2,908,042 times
Ah, but is is hard. You would not be allowed to renounce if it would leave you stateless. You must first acquire the citizenship of some other country and that's the tricky bit. Countries don't hand out citizenship to anyone who asks for it. You have to earn it and it usually takes many years. There are a few countries where you can buy it but it will really really cost you.

Old 06-10-2015, 05:05 AM

779 posts, read 927,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brontosaurus View Post
Ah, but is is hard. You would not be allowed to renounce if it would leave you stateless. You must first acquire the citizenship of some other country and that's the tricky bit. Countries don't hand out citizenship to anyone who asks for it. You have to earn it and it usually takes many years. There are a few countries where you can buy it but it will really really cost you.
You can still renounce even if it would make you stateless, read down to D.).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World