Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 08:35 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,127,339 times

Advertisements

Because I often see Brits complaining about how boring their politicians and politics are, I though I'd open this thread to ask...

In your opinion, which country has the most interesting politics? And which one has the most charismatic politicians?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2016, 08:39 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,795,425 times

Old 02-07-2016, 08:40 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,127,339 times
I just knew a Korea joke would happen sooner than later

Old 02-07-2016, 08:42 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,016,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arigarisha View Post
Because I often see Brits complaining about how boring their politicians and politics are, I though I'd open this thread to ask...

In your opinion, which country has the most interesting politics? And which one has the most charismatic politicians?
You do? Do you have any examples we can comment on?

Old 02-07-2016, 09:11 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,795,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arigarisha View Post
I just knew a Korea joke would happen sooner than later
Ok, Sweden then.

Ugabuga rape capital öäöäöäöäöä Eurabia dsjgdfjlsa Muslim majority hugubugu suicide of Sweden dslkgdfkj developing nation bläöfödsäöfsdkös sieghail ugabuga spineless politicians äöäöäöäöääääää.

Old 02-07-2016, 09:23 AM

525 posts, read 453,756 times
The US at the moment. You have left-wing crazies like me shouting "BERNIE SANDERS! FREE HEALTHCARE! FREE EDUCATION! POVERTY! GREEDY CORPORATIONS! FAKE POLITICIANS! CORRUPT SYSTEM! THE OTHER 99%! MASS INCARCERATION! STOP WAR! BIGOTRY! CLIMATE CHANGE!"

Then on the other side of the spectrum you have Donald Trump and Ted Cruz... Leading the GOP.

Basically the far-left and far-right are in the spotlight, and it's pretty entertaining. I hope It ends up being Sanders vs Trump. That would be fun to watch.

Old 02-07-2016, 03:08 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,365,023 times
Czech Republic. As an outsider, it's hard for me to figure out. They seem to have the most short-lived governments, constant new ones, yet life goes on as usual for everyday citizens.

The U.S. is not far behind, though. It's barely a year before they elect a new president, and I honestly couldn't even venture a guess as to how that's going to turn out.

Most charismatic politicians? Tough one. I guess I'd go with the U.S., because it's rare for a politician to become President, or gain a high profile in another position (Senate majority leader, House speaker, etc.) unless they have a healthy dose of charisma while they're campaigning. Other countries tend to want leaders who represent stability, experience, etc... not low charisma politicians, but let's say ones with "moderate" charisma. U.S. politicians strike me as being "barnburner" campaigners, then their glow fades after a couple of years in office.

Old 02-07-2016, 03:25 PM

4,096 posts, read 3,720,875 times
I think the UK panorama has gotten quite interesting in recent years.

1. Scottish referendum for independence.
2. Resignation of 3 of the 4 leaders from the main political parties in the last elections.
3. Devo and Devo max for the home nations including a boost in the argument for England i.e. English only votes for English laws.
4. The rise/fall of the right wing UKIP - UK Independence Party (rise in numbers but disappointing parliamentary seats).
5. The rise of left wing SNP - Scottish National Party.
6. The in/out referendum on Europe.
7. Debating in parliament on weather to ban Trump.
8. The troubles & peace process of Northern Ireland between Catholic Nationalists and Protestant Unionists.
9. The looney London mayor, Borris Johnson.

It's all pretty interesting to me...

Old 02-07-2016, 03:28 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,891,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon18 View Post
The US at the moment. You have left-wing crazies like me shouting "BERNIE SANDERS! FREE HEALTHCARE! FREE EDUCATION! POVERTY! GREEDY CORPORATIONS! FAKE POLITICIANS! CORRUPT SYSTEM! THE OTHER 99%! MASS INCARCERATION! STOP WAR! BIGOTRY! CLIMATE CHANGE!"

Then on the other side of the spectrum you have Donald Trump and Ted Cruz... Leading the GOP.

Basically the far-left and far-right are in the spotlight, and it's pretty entertaining. I hope It ends up being Sanders vs Trump. That would be fun to watch.
I can only hope with Sanders winning then I can enjoy watching my radicalized retardican(Republican) relatives complain for another four years.

Old 02-07-2016, 03:31 PM

8,864 posts, read 8,437,035 times
Taiwanese political scene is a total freak show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World