Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2017, 09:55 PM

8 posts, read 7,212 times

Advertisements

The information I've gotten here has been from White and mostly prejudice people who have never been to any part of African, who have never done any serious research on African American's living abroad. By the enormously broad generalizations that I've read here, there seems to be a lot of knee jerk reactions to; People who's feelings/pride have been hurt from someone stating they would have the audacity not to want to live around them, or people who are ignorant to anything outside of their little America bubble. As I've stated before, I'm not looking to move to be treated as if I'm a long lost brother, hell I'm open to move to Asian countries or even Latin American countries where of course that would not be the case.

Old 12-03-2017, 10:00 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,932,969 times
Your best bets are multiracial countries like Brazil or somewhere in the Caribbean.

All Asian countries are racist, much more so than the USA or Western Europe. The racism can take on violent (India) or non-violent (Japan) or both (China) forms, but racism is racism.

The Arab/Middle Eastern nations are even worse than Asian countries. Stay the hell away from the Middle East.

Speaking as a minority, and a non-American, I'd advise that you stay in the USA. It's a lot better than some other countries. The U.K might be a little better overall but they're not going to let you immigrate there unless you have rad skills in a career stream they're looking for. Your other option is Canada of course, but it is white-majority.

So here's my list in order of best to worst for you:

1. Caribbean
2. Brazil
3. Well-off African nations like Botswana, Namibia
4. Canada
5. United Kingdom
6. Other countries in Western Europe
7. NZ
8. United States
9. Australia
10. Japan
11. Korea
12. China
13. India.

100. MIDDLE EAST

Old 12-03-2017, 10:06 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,187,357 times
Maybe a Caribbean island will work well for you, depending on your profession and lifestyle.

Barbados has done relatively well economically and St. Lucia is simply lovely. I would definitely live and work in the latter if the opportunity presented itself.

If you want a little bit of everything, Trinidad and Tobago may be a good fit. It is a business hub due to its natural gas and oil. You can have the city, suburban or country life. Vibrant culture, great food, beautiful and diverse people.

Have you considered the U.S. Caribbean, specifically the U.S. Virgin Islands? It may give you the best of both worlds, without having to emigrate. The majority of people are of African descent (usually of Caribbean background) and it has a U.S. based system.

Also I’ve heard good things about Nairobi, Kenya as well as Windhoek, Namibia. Ghana is said to be nice as well.

Old 12-03-2017, 10:44 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,445,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damuscus_ View Post
The information I've gotten here has been from White and mostly prejudice people who have never been to any part of African, who have never done any serious research on African American's living abroad. By the enormously broad generalizations that I've read here, there seems to be a lot of knee jerk reactions to; People who's feelings/pride have been hurt from someone stating they would have the audacity not to want to live around them, or people who are ignorant to anything outside of their little America bubble. As I've stated before, I'm not looking to move to be treated as if I'm a long lost brother, hell I'm open to move to Asian countries or even Latin American countries where of course that would not be the case.
But do you speak any language besides English?

Old 12-03-2017, 11:02 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,383,124 times
Quote:
Before anyone answers with "Africa" please allow me to inform and enlighten you. Africa isn't a country, it's a continent that has 55 (Yes 55) countries in it :
Damn, thanks for the goegraphy lesson. And here I thought there were 10, maybe 15 countries in the world, total. This changes everything. I bet there are actually thousands of countries. Maybe millions!

Old 12-04-2017, 12:10 AM

8 posts, read 7,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
But do you speak any language besides English?
What does this question have to do with my original post?

Old 12-04-2017, 12:27 AM

5,428 posts, read 3,504,881 times
Quote:
Maybe the reason you’re getting such reactions is because of your hostile attitude. For someone who dislikes stereotypes, you sure have your own prejudices.

Old 12-04-2017, 12:29 AM

37,219 posts, read 39,488,121 times
Quote:
What does this question have to do with my original post?
If you’re asking this question as a personal one, then this is pretty relevant since it’d be pretty key in finding employment and acceptance. Otherwise, you’d probably be relegated to a pretty small expat bubble in that country with fairly limited avenues of finding employment. In that situation, you can probably become an English teacher, but then your social circle is not likely to consist much of that country’s demographic. Oftentimes, even some rudimentary ability with the language in question greatly helps as that base line can help you improve really quickly if you’re immersed in using that language every day.

What it mostly comes down to is that it’s really hard getting a job as anything but an English teacher in a non-English speaking country if you don’t speak the language of the land. The sole exceptions are if you’re working for a large multinational corporation and you have a skill they need abroad, but it generally has to be one hell of a skill if they’re willing to post you put without you speaking the language, for example, a solar engineer posted in Morocco.

Old 12-04-2017, 12:32 AM

130,555 posts, read 12,148,053 times
I would say, the country that will allow you to immigrate & get a visa, will be the best place. Immigration is hard in many places.

Old 12-04-2017, 01:34 AM

1,021 posts, read 2,908,987 times
What do you do for a living, Damuscus_? If you speak to an immigration official of country X about the possibility of moving there, that's the first thing they will ask you. They want to determine if you will be an economic asset or a liability. It's not the colour of your skin that concerns them. It's the colour of your money. They want to know what you have to offer country X. If you have something they consider valuable, such as a sought-after skill, trade or profession, they may grant you a visa. Otherwise, they will simply have no interest in you and will turn you away.
You need to investigate the immigration policies of the countries you are interested in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World