Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 07:41 PM

1,195 posts, read 986,556 times

Advertisements

I have a $1,700 credit on United airlines(for international travel) that expires Jul 19. This credit is only good for international travel, since I had to cancel an international ticket to China last year. I live in the US.

Here is a list of countries I have already visited:

UK (5+ times, my sister lives there)
India (3 times)
China
Bahamas
Mexico
Germany
Canada (I've driven across the whole country)
Saudi Arabia

I enjoyed all of them. My wife and I want to travel to somewhere that's cheap to visit and doesn't have an expensive visa requirement visiting from the US, though I currently hold a business visa for China and India to travel freely.

This is a very general question I'm posting, because at the moment I don't really know where we want to travel. We wouldn't mind visiting a new place that's relaxing, such as in the Caribbean, but I also want to take advantage of this 1,700 dollar credit I have so it won't go to waste. We like to travel for new cultures and new scenes, nature or city, a tall waterfall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2019, 09:33 PM

10,646 posts, read 16,035,527 times
https://www.google.com/search?q=Thai...w=1920&bih=965

Old 02-10-2019, 10:21 PM

4,096 posts, read 3,727,746 times
What about Chile and Easter Island?

Old 02-11-2019, 12:12 AM

2,605 posts, read 2,712,440 times
You have 2 European countries, 2 Asian countries, 1 middle East & entire North America covered. I would suggest maybe south America (expensive flights) or Africa.

What about Morocco & Spain or Australia but I am not sure what the flight price is or Brazil

Old 02-11-2019, 12:13 AM

1,002 posts, read 908,387 times
https://www.google.com/search?safe=s...HLG44F1iHPmlM:

bali I think you should go there suitable for honeymoon, not only nature but you can also see the local culture. Bali is the cheapest place for foreign tourists and many luxurious facilities available . You will not get bored walking when you are in Bali ..

Old 02-11-2019, 12:25 AM

3,602 posts, read 2,309,131 times
Australia and New Zealand are expensive though perhaps improved by the current exchange rates. Bali tends to be full of bogan Aussies so you need to be careful where you head there.

What about Turkey? Amazing place, cheap when we were there, Cappadocia is incredible.

Old 02-11-2019, 05:05 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,527,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kynight View Post
I have a $1,700 credit on United airlines(for international travel) that expires Jul 19. This credit is only good for international travel, since I had to cancel an international ticket to China last year. I live in the US.

India (3 times)
China
Bahamas
Mexico
Germany
Saudi Arabia

I enjoyed all of them. My wife and I want to travel to somewhere that's cheap to visit and doesn't have an expensive visa requirement visiting from the US, though I currently hold a business visa for China and India to travel freely.

This is a very general question I'm posting, because at the moment I don't really know where we want to travel. We wouldn't mind visiting a new place that's relaxing, such as in the Caribbean, but I also want to take advantage of this 1,700 dollar credit I have so it won't go to waste. We like to travel for new cultures and new scenes, nature or city, a tall waterfall.
France, Italy, Austria... I think that nobody can live an entire life without going to these places if the possibility exists. I also recently have listening too much about Southeast Asia, especially Thailand, as a good destination for those who love both man-made and natural wonders - I never went to there, but I have friends who did and they all have reported good experiences.

Old 02-13-2019, 09:38 AM

1,195 posts, read 986,556 times
Easter Island seems mysterious. I see there are only a few hundred who live there. I think the cost would be high to travel to that remote island.

We haven't visited France and my wife speaks fluent French, so that sounds like a good option.

I also like the idea of Turkey for all it's history.

I always wanted to visit Bali one day. The flight would be long, to the opposite side of where we live.

Old 02-13-2019, 09:53 AM

83 posts, read 64,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kynight View Post

India (3 times)
China
Bahamas
Mexico
Germany
Saudi Arabia

SOUTH AMERICA:
Colombia (Tropics, exotic, rainforests, music, beaches, attractive people, fun, rare fruits you wont get to try elsewhere)
Argentina (More European, the southern side of the planet, Buenos Aires is very interesting.)
Brazil (A World of its own, though kinda overrated)
Peru/Bolivia (Incans, Andean highlands, weird landscapes, llamas, incans)

EUROPE:

VISIT THESE NON OVERRATED CITIES

The issue with Europe is that it is so vastly overrated due to enormous amounts of tourism.

ANTWERP: a Funky, artsy, cool city with stunning architecture that has a lot of that Ámsterdam vibe minus the annoying tourists.

KIEV: The best city to get an idea of wht the USSR part of Europe was about.

BELGRADE: A cheap cool city in the Balkans that is barely starting to open up to tourism.

Abstain from cheesy overtouristy locations like Paris, Barcelona, Venice, London, Ámsterdam. Those cities are so filled with tourists they have lost their charm and now feel like Disney.

ASIA:

Visit Laos, Sri Lanka, Nepal, and yes, Japan.

Skip Thailand, that country is severely overrated, just about everyone under the sun has been to Thailand. As we talk my boss' grandma and all of her Friends are in Thailand (Even grannies go there)

INDIA; Beware of the overwhelming mess, noise, chaos, crowds, piles of trash. If you want relaxation, INDIA IS NOT IT.

AFRICA:

NAMIBIA: its a pretty WTF kinda place. Also Kenya to do the Masaai warrio tour thing.

MOROCCO: Interesting place.

OCEANIA:
NEW ZEALAND: for the cool landscapes. Australia is too American like and expensive and if you've been to the US, Australia Will seem familiar.

Old 02-13-2019, 09:54 AM

7,778 posts, read 10,166,473 times
Which airport do you fly out of?
Is the $1700 credit able to pay for your wife as well?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World