Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2019, 06:08 AM

990 posts, read 878,902 times

Advertisements

Cape Verde an island country in Africa has its full population mulatto (mixed portuguese / black), no one is pure black.

In some Brazilian states most part of the population are not of portuguese background.

In São Paulo with 45 millions inhabitants 60% are of Italian background, 1.5 millions are of japanese background, 1 million are of lebanese background and sizeable number of descendants of all over european countries... is not really hard find people as example from moldovan, albanian, macedonian or estonian background in Sao Paulo.

In Paraná with 11 millions inhabitants most people are italian, slavs (polish, ukranian) and germans from volga background. Portuguese are minorite.

In Santa Catarina and Rio Grande do sul both states with 18 millions inhabitants together more than 50% are of german background 30% of italian and only 20% of portuguese.

Anyway very few people in these states are not portuguese native speaker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2019, 06:47 AM

1,117 posts, read 841,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHESTER MANIFOLD View Post
You are forgetting Isabel Preysler. Part of her family is Basque, but she retains some Phillipino traits.
I was talking about Spanish-Filipinos who still live in the Philippines. Isabel visits the Philippines often, but her home is Spain now. But most of her family still lives in the Philippines.

This is her sister.
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images.../XJ5pL65g.jpeg

I saw her in a mall in the Philippines and thought she was a foreign white woman, until I heard her speaking Tagalog. She looks a lot more Spanish than Isabel

And that lady’s daughter, son in-law, and grandkids, who live in the Philippines too.
https://i.ibb.co/M2HyBQG/12377591-10...95269716-o.jpg
You can see the son is wearing a Filipino football club shirt. He’s also Filipino from another Spanish family who have been in the Philippines for generations. Not all of the Spanish left the Philippines. Many stayed

Old 10-08-2019, 07:25 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,394,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Honduras, Costa Rica, and even Guatemala have this trend too. Their caribbean coasts tend to have an afro-descendant population
The Caribbean coast of Central America is thinly populated but it is very diverse. Many different Black, Mestizo and indigenous groups.

In Nicaragua the Black English speaking community is centered around the town of Bluefields. Further north along the coast you encounter other Black communities. You have the Miskito people in both Nicaragua and Honduras. I believe they are mix of Blacks and Natives and they have their own language. Moving even further up the coast in Honduras and Guatemala you have Garifuna people, who are also a mix of Black and Natives from the Caribbean. They also have their own language. There are also man Black folks in Honduras and Guatemala that are not Garifuna.

At one time there was actually a Black community along Guatemalas pacific coast. Most of them were brought in as plantation workers by the infamous united fruit company. Many of them have English names. There are still some around in one town but most of them have intermarried with the local Mestizo population or migrated to other areas.

Old 10-08-2019, 07:39 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,781,314 times
1. Jewish population in Kaifeng, China.

2. Chinese population in Mexicali, Mexico.

3. German population in Namibia.

4. Nigerians in Guangzhou, China.

5. Chinese speaking Russians living in Inner Mongolia, China. (This one is pretty wild).

6. Chinese community in Panama City.

7. Chinese community in Mumbai, India.

Old 10-08-2019, 01:29 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,366,510 times
Druze in Israel?

Old 10-09-2019, 07:09 AM

1,002 posts, read 905,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manolopo View Post
I already sent you messages proving what I said. You are deliberately choosing NOT to read them. I just sent you two messages that you haven't even read.

You said that one of the Spanish-Filipino families was actually from Belgium. Please prove that here. Where is the evidence to prove that?

Spanish-Filipinos have different looks depending on how much native admixture they have.

Some Spanish-Filipinos, like this couple, obviously have native Filipino admixture

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5BLxFCR014
yeah that video we will surely believe they are Spanish - Filipino just like Dutch - Indonesian here because their looks, but all pics you put in your thread people all know they are outsiders born and raised abroad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXgufAsVKuY
Manolopo..You look at this video "Puteri Indonesian "they all are mixed blood not pure Indonesian , two women on the stage are indo-brits and indo-usa, even left and right all is mixed blood there are cina , pakistan, arab, dutch and even host is Indo-swiss and they look a little different with pure indonesian but they not very white like caucassian or not slanted like chinese or not taller like arabian or pakistani

Old 10-09-2019, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiko_shanyang View Post
yeah that video we will surely believe they are Spanish - Filipino just like Dutch - Indonesian here because their looks, but all pics you put in your thread people all know they are outsiders born and raised abroad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXgufAsVKuY
Manolopo..You look at this video "Puteri Indonesian "they all are mixed blood not pure Indonesian , two women on the stage are indo-brits and indo-usa, even left and right all is mixed blood there are cina , pakistan, arab, dutch and even host is Indo-swiss and they look a little different with pure indonesian but they not very white like caucassian or not slanted like chinese or not taller like arabian or pakistani
I need you to actually prove that the families I posted are British and Belgian instead of Filipino. That’s what you claimed, but you havent been able to show me the supposed evidence.

And this shouldn’t be that hard to understand. Most Spanish-Filipinos (like the couple in that video) are mixed with native Filipino. But some Spanish-Filipinos are mostly/completely European (like the ones in the original post). They’re a small minority but they still exist in the Philippines as a minority. This thread is about surprising minority populations, not about what people typically look like in a country. Never did I say that most Filipinos are white

Come back with evidence before you post again.

Old 10-09-2019, 09:08 AM

1,187 posts, read 1,370,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
2. Chinese population in Mexicali, Mexico.

6. Chinese community in Panama City.

7. Chinese community in Mumbai, India.
Honestly, I think that the existence of Chinese communities anywhere in the world is no longer surprising, no matter if they are in Panama, Svalbard, Chad or the French Guiana.

Old 10-09-2019, 10:56 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,319,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhc1985 View Post
Honestly, I think that the existence of Chinese communities anywhere in the world is no longer surprising, no matter if they are in Panama, Svalbard, Chad or the French Guiana.
Yeah most countries are going to have a Chinatown. Peru has one, Argentina has one, Russia has many...at this point it's a bigger surprise if a place DOESN'T have Chinese inhabitants

Old 10-10-2019, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Please prove statements like this^. You can't just say things like that without presenting proof.

Here's my proof (which I've already posted before several times):

The son in this picture currently studies in the UK.
https://i.ibb.co/Z2PCytq/12507315-12...82155621-n.jpg

Maybe that's why you think this family is from the UK? No, they're from the Philippines, both mom and dad. The children were raised in this Philippines. This is from the son's blog:

"I was born and raised on the streets of Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines. It’s where I learned to walk, to talk, to ride a bike, to share, and to love."
https://www.schoolcommunicationarts....by-pzelizalde/
He literally says flat out that he was BORN AND RAISED in the Philippines. But you still have the nerve to say that it can't possible be true because he's white. And if you need proof that the blog is the same guy, his picture is right there in the blog. ^Click on the link and see for yourself. But you STILL dont believe it.

If that evidence is not compelling enough, then please post your compelling evidence that this family is actually British, and another family I posted is actually from Beglium. Where's that evidence?

Quote:
the next picture one family living in Belgium and the following picture in the UK and other Euro"
I've been waiting for you to prove that statement^ But you can't produce any evidence besides "tHeY'rE wHiTe, sO iT's NoT pOsSiBlE tHaT tHeY lIvE iN tHe tRoPiCs"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World