Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2019, 11:20 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,021,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
So you are trying to compare "Russian occupation" to Hitler's occupation, thinking it's some "equal thing?"
I've heard some rumors that Europeans ( Eastern Europeans in particular) are trying to re-write history lately pointing at Molotov-Ribbentrop pact, as the culprit behind the war in Europe, so I guess when Putin came out with his latest speech, pulling out quite a few papers from archives ( the kind Russians got after the WWII days, via Eastern Germany,) that show all kinds of agreements between Hitler and Poland ( AND Bulgaria I believe, plus other European countries,) - he is actually right. I have to give him credit here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVEc4jT3QT4

What "agreement" between Poland and Germany? This must be a conspiracy theory popular in Russia that I've missed. The only agreement was between the Nazis and USSR which was yes violated by the nazis yet both Russia and Germany invaded poland in the same month don't forget that. Of course there were agreements between Bulgaria and Germany since bulgaria was part of the Axis, and USSR still invaded BUlgaria in 1945 despite Bulgaria not sending troops to invade USSR (unlike Romania and Hungary who did so).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2019, 11:39 AM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
What "agreement" between Poland and Germany? This must be a conspiracy theory popular in Russia that I've missed.

Oh, this one ( among few others)

Quote:
The only agreement was between the Nazis and USSR which was yes violated by the nazis yet both Russia and Germany invaded poland in the same month don't forget that. Of course there were agreements between Bulgaria and Germany since bulgaria was part of the Axis, and USSR still invaded BUlgaria in 1945 despite Bulgaria not sending troops to invade USSR (unlike Romania and Hungary who did so).Uh, right)))
That's what you'd love to believe.

Old 12-23-2019, 11:42 AM

Quote:
What "agreement" between Poland and Germany? This must be a conspiracy theory popular in Russia that I've missed.

Oh, this one ( among few others)

Quote:
The only agreement was between the Nazis and USSR which was yes violated by the nazis yet both Russia and Germany invaded poland in the same month don't forget that.Of course there were agreements between Bulgaria and Germany since bulgaria was part of the Axis, and USSR still invaded BUlgaria in 1945 despite Bulgaria not sending troops to invade USSR (unlike Romania and Hungary who did so).
Uh, right)))
That's what you'd love to believe.

Old 12-23-2019, 12:39 PM

So all in all you're repeating the Russian propaganda known ad nauseum that russia "liberated eastern europe from the nazis". While it's certainly true that Germany didn't like Poland and other slavs, there's no way to come to this conclusion about Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria. Sure some people think there could've been war between Germany and Italy or with Japan but this is another whataboutism just like the claims your're making, in brief: what "could" have happened we'll never know.

Old 12-23-2019, 05:20 PM

Quote:
So all in all you're repeating the Russian propaganda known ad nauseum that russia "liberated eastern europe from the nazis".

That's not "propaganda."It's a historic fact.

Quote:
While it's certainly true that Germany didn't like Poland and other slavs, there's no way to come to this conclusion about Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria.
What "conclusion"?

Quote:
Sure some people think there could've been war between Germany and Italy or with Japan but this is another whataboutism just like the claims your're making, in brief: what "could" have happened we'll never know.
I have no idea how this is connected to the first part of your statement.
And, when it comes specifically to Bulgaria - god knows what would have happened to it, if Russia didn't liberate it from Islam and Osman Turks to begin with. ( Keep in mind Armenian genocide here.)
So talking about "whataboutism" - here you have a prime example of it.

Old 12-24-2019, 04:47 AM

^ Bulgaria's real liberation happened in 1989 when russia finally left. Also don't forget how the relations between Bulgaria and Russia started, with a big "Thanks" from russia for getting their church and writing thanks to Simeon the first mostly:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sviato...on_of_Bulgaria

The "liberation" is the biggest lie and brainwashing in the history of bulgaria it borders events on a world level such as the holocaust denials and hiroshima bombing apologists on a world level. I've written in the past how ridiculous it was no need to repeat.

^ This is all different topic though back on topic: keeping Lenin again shows how biased Russia is to their history and how many countries are but at least some admit their historical mistakes, I know my country at least did some.

Old 12-25-2019, 03:52 PM

Quote:
^ Bulgaria's real liberation happened in 1989 when russia finally left. Also don't forget how the relations between Bulgaria and Russia started, with a big "Thanks" from russia for getting their church and writing thanks to Simeon the first mostly:

That's all you need to know when it comes to "Bulgaria's real liberation" in 1989.
Like Ukrainians today, you are confusing "liberation" with change of master.

Quote:
The "liberation" is the biggest lie and brainwashing in the history of bulgaria it borders events on a world level such as the holocaust denials and hiroshima bombing apologists on a world level. I've written in the past how ridiculous it was no need to repeat.

^ This is all different topic though back on topic: keeping Lenin again shows how biased Russia is to their history and how many countries are but at least some admit their historical mistakes, I know my country at least did some.
Russia didn't make any "historical mistakes" in this case, since the "communism" saved her from colonization, and further on, from total annihilation by Hitler's Germany.

P.S. Merry Christmas everyone!

Old 12-27-2019, 04:39 PM

536 posts, read 323,618 times
Quote:

I guess for many russians and commies in general mass murders, rapes and theft is an idea of liberation. LOL They seem to really think that they liberated Europe and not enslaved it. You are right. That is a delusion close to holocaust deniers level. But then russians are outraged when they are shown in western movies how they killed and raped civilians even though their raid through europe was the biggest mass rape in history since mongol times. I wonder how they are portrayed on history lessons in Russia probably as gentelmen heroes who would not hurt a fly and then they are surprised when hard truth hits them.

But when you have a country that can't even rule itself try to rule other nations that is what you get. Almost 50 years of total waste.

Last edited by WestPreussen; 12-27-2019 at 05:03 PM..

Old 12-27-2019, 05:05 PM

536 posts, read 323,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
That's not "propaganda."It's a historic fact.

Historic fact is russian-german pact and collaboration that started warfare making russians agressors as much as germans. That is something that you cannot dispute.

Old 12-27-2019, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPreussen View Post
Historic fact is russian-german pact and collaboration that started warfare making russians agressors as much as germans. That is something that you cannot dispute.

Can you please somehow restrain yourself with spamming only at one place at a time?

Because the answer has been given to you already on history forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World