Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2021, 12:38 PM

27,578 posts, read 28,680,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Trafton View Post
In reality or at least in IMO most people in Europe or the rest of the so called civilized world spend little time thinking or obsessing over Trump. They have their own problems and lives to worry about and I'm sure Donald Trump is not on the top of their list.
This is true. EVERY country puts themselves first anyway.

So, why not admit to it and not be hypocritical about it?

Old 02-20-2021, 07:27 PM

4,096 posts, read 3,728,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
This is true. EVERY country puts themselves first anyway.

So, why not admit to it and not be hypocritical about it?
I think most individuals put themselves first, it's human nature but we don't go around screaming "me first", "me first". It's not about being hypocritical it's about challenging yourself to be better against our primal instincts for a more societal view and helping others.

It's that message of putting others before you that has developed the "human" spirit in really dark times.

Old 02-20-2021, 08:14 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,969,781 times
Sleepy uncle Joe.. Is that you? Taking a page from Obama’s playbook?

Old 02-21-2021, 08:36 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,868,976 times
Assuming that the rest of the world is this hung up on American politics is, ironically, a very American-centric worldview. IMHO American liberal self-flagellation is just a branch of the "ugly American" stereotype traditionally associated with American conservatives.

Yes, most of the world thought Trump was an idiot.
Yes, most of the wild thinks Biden is a notre capable leader.
No, the rest of the world isn't breathing a big sigh of relief.
The same systematic global and local problems that affect the US and the rest of the world are still there.

Old 02-21-2021, 09:07 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,024,072 times
^ Not quite, if you're trying to say that the rest of world doesn't like US politics but still follows them - this isn't the case, since Biden got elected I stopped watching Trevor Noah lol.

Trump however was the perfect person to make fun of (idiot who knows he's being idiot, closeted racist - a living meme). With Biden you can't mock his alleged/unproven dementia and Alzheimer, this isn't the 19th century to laugh at ill people.

Old 02-21-2021, 09:14 AM

26,428 posts, read 46,599,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Sleepy uncle Joe.. Is that you? Taking a page from Obama’s playbook?
Biden took immediate action the day of the Trunpster insurrection mob took over the Capitol. You must not get US news in France.

Old 02-21-2021, 09:25 AM

27,578 posts, read 28,680,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
I think most individuals put themselves first, it's human nature but we don't go around screaming "me first", "me first". It's not about being hypocritical it's about challenging yourself to be better against our primal instincts for a more societal view and helping others.

It's that message of putting others before you that has developed the "human" spirit in really dark times.
That is the “theory.” But in actuality, the way it works is that rich countries are like ATM machines for the rest of the world.

Must be great for those on the receiving end.

Old 02-21-2021, 10:42 AM

7,480 posts, read 6,264,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
I’m sure you’ve all heard by now that the United States has a real president now. He is doing his best to work us back into your good graces, and we are relieved about that. The question is: will you have us back? Will you forgive us our trespasses?
I am truly hoping you’ll welcome us back into your friendly embrace, like a long-suffering, tolerant boyfriend who was unjustly dumped for a rich bully.
For $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, they will take us back for sure.

Old 02-21-2021, 12:34 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,048,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
For $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, they will take us back for sure.
That's just programmed trumpster cult mentality talking. I hope that isn't what you really think and that you're just joking. Money is not the be all to end all, it's just corrupt pie-in-the-sky bribery.

Other countries may eventually trust and take America back into their good graces if and when America becomes better administered and more respectful and trust worthy, but it won't be because of being bribed with money.

No amount of money or other bribes is ever going to cover up the memories of 5 years worth of daily ravings of contempt, disrespect, disparagement, ignorance, bigotry, corruption, distrust, outrageous lies and horrible insults and obscene language directed at half of America's own people, at America's allies, at other world leaders and their countries - all that awful stuff that came out of trump and his deluded cultish puppets has caused nearly irreparable damages for USA's relationships and reputation with the rest of the world.

When the corrupted cult is completely gone, dead and buried, and the trust of other countries has been regained through genuine honesty, respect, co-operations and demonstrations of intelligent administration then it will be better for USA with the rest of the world again. In the meantime the USA has a lot of repairing to do and the deluded cult should put its money where its mouth is and go get some counselling and therapy for itself to get itself de-programmed.

Last edited by Zoisite; 02-21-2021 at 01:18 PM..

Old 02-21-2021, 02:01 PM

156 posts, read 174,807 times
To answer the OP question - YES - I think the world, in time, will stop looking at the US as a clown show. It'll take time, but we'll get there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World