Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which state is Japan 2.0?
Georgia 6 42.86%
Florida 8 57.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-03-2022, 07:17 AM

6,540 posts, read 12,032,561 times

Advertisements

Similar to the California vs. Florida poll, only this time there's no "Other" option as that would have made it too easy to write-in California or Hawaii.

Overall I think Florida is much more similar with everything being perfect and efficient. I just got back from vacation there and now I wish I still lived there, and didn't sell the condo. The roads have always been well paved and surfaced without a single pothole, and the people are polite and respectful which is why the crime rate is so low. You also have the Brightline train in South FL that looks like the JR regional trains in Japan.

The only similar Georgia shares more with Japan is the climate, at least with the mainland/Honshu island as well as Kyushu. Florida's climate is more like Okinawa. Overall Georgia is more like S. Korea than like Japan.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2022, 09:50 AM

2,331 posts, read 2,276,900 times
Having been to all 3, I can tell you GA and FL are nothing like Japan. They’re not even close enough to draw comparisons.

Old 07-03-2022, 04:58 PM

9,523 posts, read 16,503,270 times
I've lived in all 3 and neither Florida or Georgia are similar to Japan.

Old 07-03-2022, 11:37 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,011,327 times
I think neither one. Japan's climate, infrastructure and societal mores is comparable with that of Vancouver in southern British Columbia and coastal island regions in south western Canada. I don't think it's comparable with Georgia or Florida.

Old 07-04-2022, 07:07 AM

Also I forgot to mention earlier, but other similarities between Florida and Japan:

- Both have multiple large cities, and metros that are clusters of large cities
- Both have an elder/aging population
- The fashion aesthetics are similar
- Both have a Disney theme park
- Key West is like the "Okinawa" of Florida

Old 07-04-2022, 07:20 PM

2,331 posts, read 2,276,900 times
With all due respect, have you been to these places? Comparing Japan vs GA or FL is like comparing apples and oranges to a television.

Old 07-05-2022, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Expert View Post
With all due respect, have you been to these places? Comparing Japan vs GA or FL is like comparing apples and oranges to a television.
Not only been but actually have lived in all 3. I tend to find similarities in little things that most people don't pay attention to.

Old 07-05-2022, 12:00 PM

271 posts, read 293,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I think neither one. Japan's climate, infrastructure and societal mores is comparable with that of Vancouver in southern British Columbia and coastal island regions in south western Canada. I don't think it's comparable with Georgia or Florida.

No, Japan's climate is very different from Vancouver. There's nowhere in Japan with Vancouver's dry summers, most of Japan has hotter summers and the few places that don't have hotter summers have colder and snowier winters. Japan's climate is a lot like America's east coast. Hokkaido's climate is similar to New England and upstate New York. Honshu's climate is like the mid-Atlantic states. Kyushu and Shikoku are quite similar to Georgia climate-wise.

Old 07-05-2022, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondbreakfast View Post
No, Japan's climate is very different from Vancouver. There's nowhere in Japan with Vancouver's dry summers, most of Japan has hotter summers and the few places that don't have hotter summers have colder and snowier winters. Japan's climate is a lot like America's east coast. Hokkaido's climate is similar to New England and upstate New York. Honshu's climate is like the mid-Atlantic states. Kyushu and Shikoku are quite similar to Georgia climate-wise.
I always thought the Tokyo/Kanto area's climate is warmer than the VA/DC area but cooler than Atlanta's, so somewhere in between like Charlotte or Nashville, or the NC coast.

Old 07-05-2022, 02:53 PM

271 posts, read 293,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
I always thought the Tokyo/Kanto area's climate is warmer than the VA/DC area but cooler than Atlanta's, so somewhere in between like Charlotte or Nashville, or the NC coast.
Tokyo's climate is probably closest to that of Norfolk, Virginia. Not an exact match, due to Tokyo's heavier rainfall and seasonal lag (warmest month is August rather than July), but pretty close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World