Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If given the opportunity and funds, which region would you choose to live, work and play?
Australia's Gold Coast 73 53.68%
Miami-Ft. Lauderdale 63 46.32%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2022, 08:54 PM

5,058 posts, read 7,495,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Gotcha. You're shown reporting by the BBC and other sources and that's your response

The only one falling for propaganda is you, who has made claims without evidence to support, and all while I have provided sources to back up my claims.

Have a good day. Come back when you're ready to engage in a legitimate conversation on the subject.
LOL champ, I will Come back when you are ready to accept the truth. The truth hurts champ, keep it up, i live in Australia, I know exactly what is happening.

Did an Aussie sleep with your girl or boyfriend or something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2022, 08:55 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
LOL champ, I will Come back when you are ready to accept the truth. The truth hurts champ, keep it up, i live in Australia, I know exactly what is happening.
So, again, more yapping without evidence. The truth should be easy to prove and provide via sources I shouldn't have to "take your word" for it . . . and of course, others who live in Australia also back up my and the BBC's version of events regarding the soldiers. I guess the BBC was pushing propaganda, too, when it reported on ADF soldiers preparing to enforce COVID restrictions in Sydney

Old 03-13-2022, 08:59 PM

Quote:
So, again, more yapping without evidence. The truth should be easy to prove and provide via sources I shouldn't have to "take your word" for it . . . and of course, others who live in Australia also back up my and the BBC's version of events regarding the soldiers. I guess the BBC was pushing propaganda, too, when it reported on ADF soldiers preparing to enforce COVID restrictions in Sydney
Ok your correct, they were put it to ensure that people in COVID hotspot zones did not go more than 10km form their house, though it is hardly military rule, it actually happened in several Australian apparently.

Though its not as through we were under house arrest or anything,

Old 03-13-2022, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
Keep it up champ,
We're still waiting for you to provide evidence contradicting the BBC, champ

Unfortunately, this is what I've come to expect from those who push a line of propaganda and get called out for it with actual evidence to the contrary.

Old 03-13-2022, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisaMay View Post
It is a strange comparison because as already noted, the Gold Coast has a population of about 10% of that of Miami Ft Lauderdale.
The Gold Coast is a bit unusual or retro, at the moment as it is lacking in international tourists compared to normal times. The way the majority of people are local took me right back to my childhood. I do not think it is full of chain restaurants however.
I do sometimes appreciate these kind of comparisons, though, as they help to really provide a contrast between two locations. The Gold Coast in many ways sounds very desirable.

Old 03-13-2022, 09:06 PM

Quote:
We're still waiting for you to provide evidence contradicting the BBC, champ

Unfortunately, this is what I've come to expect from those who push a line of propaganda and get called out for it with actual evidence to the contrary.
The only propaganda is been pushed by people like you champ, I will ask you again, what is you problem with Australia

Old 03-13-2022, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattsupmane View Post
Gold Coast has better food than Miami? That's just an abject lie. I'm laughing.

This comparison is absurd, first of all. Miami is a world class city. Gold Coast is not.
While better food is ultimately subjective, I would be shocked if that was the case, too, at least as far as what most would state. I did enjoy myself when I lived in Sydney. But I did miss certain things in Sydney that I could easily find back in the states, to include authentic Mexican food and authentic West African food. I can't imagine that the Gold Coast fares better in this regard.

Old 03-13-2022, 09:08 PM

Quote:
I do sometimes appreciate these kind of comparisons, though, as they help to really provide a contrast between two locations. The Gold Coast in many ways sounds very desirable.
I would not live on the Gold Coast myself , but I hate misinformation campaigns.

Old 03-13-2022, 09:12 PM

Quote:
While better food is ultimately subjective, I would be shocked if that was the case, too, at least as far as what most would state. I did enjoy myself when I lived in Sydney. But I did miss certain things in Sydney that I could easily find back in the states, to include authentic Mexican food and authentic West African food. I can't imagine that the Gold Coast fares better in this regard.
Id agree, the food on the GC is not great, even if a little underrated, even by Australians themselves. Though you are comparing one area with 10 times the population of another, of course it will be better if you know where to go.

Old 03-13-2022, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Nope. You pegged it wrong. Australia does have pretty high obesity rates and fairly close to the US, but that's not what I was talking about. I was saying Southeast Queensland versus Southeast Florida. I happened to go to the beaches for both in about the same year's span and it was pretty noticeable. Florida / Miami-Dade beaches were actually surprising to me in that context. I don't care about your hypersensitivity to anything you might think is critical of the US. I'm in the US, and I like it. Me liking it though isn't going to unsee what I saw.
I will say that, while I don't doubt that this is true, it was always interesting to me when I lived in Sydney and everyone seemed so fit and into fitness Maybe it was something about living in a large, urban setting. But, even in large cities in the US like NYC, the level of obesity is more noticeable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World